[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2 Russian attack jets made simulated low-level attack runs on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
>United States Navy Destroyer USS Donald Cook operating in international waters in the Baltic Sea experienced several close interactions by Russian aircraft on April 11 and 12.
http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2016/04/13/why-navy-didnt-shoot-down-russian-jets/83000858/
>The attack jets flew so low they left wakes in the water.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/news/a20390/russian-jets-buzz-us-navy-destroyer/
>White House aware of Russian planes flying near U.S. destroyer - spokesman
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/reuters/white-house-aware-of-russian-planes-flying-near-u-s--destroyer---spokesman/42087266
>>
Neat.
>>
>>38615
that navytimes headline... It's like they want a war with a nuclear weapons holder.
>>
>>38618
>>38618
>It's like they want a war with a nuclear weapons

Is that a threat little Putin?

It's enough that your illegitimate government has to act out like this to keep up the illusion of its relevance. Is threatening nuclear war over an unflattering news article normal to you?
>>
>>38615
don't russian planes do this all the time?
>>
>>38622
It's ramped up lately. The last incident I can recall off the top of my head was a few years ago in Guam.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russian-nuclear-bombers-again-buzz-guam/
>>
>>38615
Im just starting to bald so what excellent timing.
>>
>>38626
A Russian submarine was spotted off the Atlantic coast early Nov. 2012.
>>
Havent they also done a little fly into UK airspace from time to time
>>
Heard something about unarmed jets carrying some sort of emp device that was effective enough to disable the on board command of the ship probably just a crazy conspiracy theory but plausible
>>
>>38645
>Heard something about unarmed jets carrying some sort of emp device that was effective enough to disable the on board command of the ship
>unarmed jets carrying
>unarmed
Into the Baltic it goes.
>>
sad thing is if putin wanted a war he'd probably win. He'd walk off into his metro bunker and let his cronies push the red button.
>>
>>38663
if your idea of winning is nuclear apocalypse, then sure
>>
Kind of scary how this isn't more of a campaign issue for the presidential candidates
>>
>NATO does an arm flexing "exercise" uncomfortably close to Russia
>Russia decides to pull a prank on them to not look powerless against it

Why do people read so much into this?
This is just banter on a military scale.
>>
>>38682
This.
Hell, the opening subplot A of Top Gun is an incident like this.

Countries angry with each other do this shit all the time; it was never politicized in media as it is today.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzQ3eBerHfM
>>
>>38682
>>38689
>blaming the victim

One boat does not a NATO exercise make. Look at the massive war games going on in the Philippines today. China has the good sense and discipline to let it go. Russia is only proving that it can't be taken seriously. Like the article says this swaggering is for domestic consumption (and probably an attempt to change the subject away from economic collapse and chronic corruption).
>>
>>38715
>China has the good sense and discipline to let it go.
Uh... about that...
http://www.stripes.com/news/pentagon-china-deploys-16-fighter-jets-to-disputed-south-china-sea-island-1.404391
>>
>>38716
I stand corrected, but I don't think I'm "moving the goalposts " if I note that the move by the Chinese is less destabilizing in that it's not putting the the decision to go to war in the hands of low grade military officers.
>>
>>38621
What are you talking about? That is Plain US prop and I am a US citizen, shitlord.

>Here's Why we didn't shoot down a plane today that was owned by a nuclear weapons holder.
>Here's Why we aren't in another stupid war today
>>
>>38731
Nice damage control, Vladimirovich.

It's more than you could muster the last time you publicly threaten nuclear war on supporters of a sovereign Ukraine, not even a year ago. But, the article is an explainer, and not a bad one. It's perfectly clear you're now arguing semantics to obafucate your loss. Only an impotent fool would see a threat from free speech.
>>
>>38716
Oh wow a whole 16 jets, meanwhile the US just parks a single carrier in the area and obtains aerial superiority with just that.
>>
>>38815
Watch out! We got a bad ass over here...
>>
>>38839
It's really not a very defendable position to begin with.
>>
>>38815
Didn't Putin boast his army could reach Warzaw in mere days, sometime last year or 2014? I mean, I've never seen a Western country act as belligerent towards Russia as they do to us.
>>
>>38645
That would shut down the jets electronics too, that has to be fake.
>>
>>38615
still smells like collusion to me

We haven't had a war in 15 minutes. Last time that happened they started dismantling bases in the US.
>>
great job by the ruskies
>>
>>38645

It was crazy conspiracy shit spread by Russian tabloids/internet posts. In the original version of this story half the crew cried and the other half resigned in fear of the Russian military's power. It was a typical "look how awesome we are" fiction that was released at the height of the Crimea Annexation crisis to deter fears of American intervention in the Ukraine (not that the US was ever going to directly intervene in the Ukraine but that was a fear at the time).

>>38953

Technically if you were able to create a directional EMP weapon you could do this without frying your own electronics.

Or you could have an older aircraft with no electronics, but then you'd be easy as shit to detect and destroy thanks to an antiquated airframe (unless you purpose-built a new airframe for this purpose).

Either way this is a science-fiction scenario because nobody has practical EMP weapons.
>>
>>38615
Just shoot them down.

What are you scared of? Them fighting back? They're pussies, Turkey shot them down and those pussies just sent strongly worded letters and reduced trade, hurting themselves more than Turkey.
>>
>>39239
>What are you scared of?
WWIII
>They're pussies
Yeah thats why they're coming within 30 feet of those foreign destroyers. They're giant pussies.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.