[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Donald Trump, Losing Ground, Tries to Blame the System
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: 355608_1_.png (25 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
355608_1_.png
25 KB, 250x141
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/13/us/politics/donald-trump-losing-ground-tries-to-blame-the-system.html

>WASHINGTON — Donald J. Trump and his allies are engaged in an aggressive effort to undermine the Republican nominating process by framing it as rigged and corrupt, hoping to compensate for organizational deficiencies that have left Mr. Trump with an increasingly precarious path to the nomination.

>Their message: The election is being stolen from him.

>On Tuesday, Mr. Trump berated the politicians he said were trying to stop his nomination and denounced the Republican Party, which he cast as complicit in the theft.

>“Our Republican system is absolutely rigged. It’s a phony deal,” he said, accusing party leaders of maneuvering to cut his supporters out of the process. “They wanted to keep people out. This is a dirty trick.”

>His charges built on comments in the last few days by associates, senior advisers and Mr. Trump himself, seeking to cast a shadow of illegitimacy over the local and state contests to select delegates to the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in July.

>By blaming the process rather than his own inadequacies as a manager, Mr. Trump is trying to shift focus after Senator Ted Cruz of Texas outmaneuvered him in delegate contests in states like Colorado, North Dakota and Iowa, losses that could end up denying Mr. Trump the nomination.

>Asked about the appearance of disorganization, Mr. Trump said in an interview, “You have to remember I’m leading.” He added, “I’m more than 200 delegates ahead, so over all, I’m doing very well.”

>But in what sounded like a wink-wink aside, he said, “Don’t forget, I only complain about the ones where we have difficulty.”
>>
Man, could this be framed more negatively?

Being fair, losing delegates to states without primaries is losing the game on the game's terms. Donald knew, and if he didn't know, it was his own fault.

However, this sheds light on how stupid our nomination process for a country that prides itself on democracy. There was literally no popular vote, and the delegate election is absolute garbage.

It's almost like the system is so convoluted for a reason..
>>
Is he wrong? The American political establishment has opposed him at every turn. Even the GOP have been bitching and having conniption fits over how popular he is. The only reason they tolerate him is because they know that if they don't then they can kiss half their voting base goodbye.
>>
related:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/04/01/us/politics/how-votes-for-trump-could-become-delegates-for-someone-else.html
>>
>>38539
>Man, could this be framed more negatively?
Here is the fox news version:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/13/trump-draws-rnc-rebuke-over-rigged-primary-charge-missing-key-deadlines.html
and the nbcnews version:
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/rnc-chairman-reince-priebus-trump-give-us-all-break-n555176
for context
>>
Say what you will about Ted Cruz but the man is clever.
He's already taken dozens of delegates from Trump.
>>
>implying fucking anyone but retards trying to influence people far more influential and intelligent than themselves fucking browses /news/
>>
I think there's an ulterior motive here. Trump's campaign is doing everything they can to shed as much light as possible on how skewed our process is. The media loves obsessing over the Trump vs. Cruz back-and-forth to contribute to the turmoil in the Republican party. Trump knows this and is using it to his long-term advantage
>>
>>38552
Go on...
>>
>>38539
>this sheds light on how stupid our nomination process for a country that prides itself on democracy
The Republican Party chooses its candidates, not the U.S. citizens. If Trump wants to not abide by their rules he can seek the support of another party or run as an independent.

Regardless, any president will have to work with, within, and around institutions to be effective in their office.
>>
>>38568
>The Republican Party chooses it's candidates, not the U.S. citizens.

The problem here is that the parties sell themselves as the only two options you have politically.
To have a voice, you have to be a member of one or the other.

So the parties are made up of citizens who are registered as one or the other.

They sell you the false notion that this gives you an equal say to all your fellow party members.
But what they don't say is that the political elite in the party actually make all the decisions.
They tell you who to vote for, and only those who are long term vetted 'good boys' within the party are expected to have any chance at a run. And even then, you get the backing of the other elites. Not the rest of the registered base, because they're just a simple minded mass that will pick from the few approved 'good boys'.

The two parties have a death grip on our political process.

They create hot button issues and create diametrically opposed view points that they press on everyone.
Each party assumes one of the two in such a way as to pull a consistent group under their banner. They intentionally manipulate the public in such a way as to keep things fairly even between them.

It's all a goddamn puppet show.
And we're just having our strings pulled.

Third parties and independents have an entire array of back door tricks pulled against them and some that are so blatant that it would be hard to ignore, except our media is owned by the two party political elites and manages to keep the focus away from the bullshit they pull.
You see what they want you to see.
You hear what they want you to hear.
You get your arguments through their political discourse and their controlled media.
Not every argument is a simple dichotomy.
But that's how we've been trained.
>>
The guy is losing ground because he's just too much of a fucking asshole.

Running on the platform of "We will have borders, we will enforce immigration law, we will get other countries to do their fair share of work, and we will deter our foes" should have made the presidency in the bag.
>>
>>38755
This has some truth to it. However, his assholeishness is one of the reasons he is so popular in the first place
>>
>>38755
I think he's an huge asshole and I don't like him on a personal level.

But as long as he's running, I'm voting for him, assuming he doesn't do/say something that diverges from his political stances that has me supporting him.

Everyone else is an establishment shill through and through.
He's the only 'maybe' in the crowd.
>>
>>38737
1. There have been thousands of candidates that have been elected to US public office outside of either party.
2. Delegates are normal people and bound to nominate in line with the popular vote in most cases
3. Wedge/ gotv issues are universal, not just limited to the US ( or even democracies for that matter)
4. Parties don't collude to defraud voters, this is beyond tin-foil tier.
5. The convention ballot process is televised, not behind closed doors
6. The US is the longest standing Democratic Republic on Earth
7. 'Bad boys' like Trump are bad investments. No one in their right mind would trust such a person with power.
8. The policy platform the party adopts is also in the public eye and is a product of continual dialogue. Consider immigration and trade.

You're not considering the big picture. Trump is a big boy and he doesnt have the majority of votes or delegates. The genetations old Republican institution has no responsibility to accommodate him.
>>
>>38559
painting himself as the opposition to the Republican mainstream is definitely in his interests if he were to run nationally

he can effectively paint himself as a "third party" without actually being one
>>
>>38539
This is not an election, it is a primary, and a primary is really just a courtesy provided to the candidates. A privilege, not a right, as some might explain it.
>>
A reminder that anti-Trump shills have been confirmed to post on 4chan.

The fact that we can't post our evidence on /news/ is probably why they are on this board.
>>
>>38830
Did you vote in the primary?
>>
When it comes to establishment politics remember:

ALWAYS THINK THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE NEW YORK TIMES TELLS YOU TO BELIEVE
>>
>>38831
I'm not American and don't care about your politics, it was just a warning.
>>
>>38835
I find it funny how the new York times always puts not so subtle adjectives all over their articles to influence the reader's opinion on matters
>>
>>38837
Can you source me on that warning you posted boss?
>>
>>38842
The NYT is pretty middle of the road about compared to some others like the NYPost or the NY Daily News.
>>
>>38843
No because as I said, you can't post screenshots on /news/, which is probably why they are here.
>>
>>38847
Did you maybe even consider that Donald Trump isn't that popular?
>>
>>38847
so youre saying you cant link me to a place where you have hosted this screenshot?
>>
>tries to blame

t. establishment journalist
>>
>>38849
Go and make a thread on what ever board you deem suitable, link it and I will post it.
>>
>>38541
He's not wrong, but it doesn't matter. The delegates and the GOP can choose whoever the fuck they want. It's always been that sketchy; the DNC is the same.
>>
>>38913
You're right except in the past it was a lot more 'sketchy' as you put it. This is an era of transparency compared to the backroom payoffs that used to go on.
>>
>create an electoral system where only two political parties are the ones that can get a presidential candidate in office.

>let those parties make their own rules

>lift restrictions on them like investment of big companies into campaigns/people

And this is just part of the problem, and there are people here defending it.
>>
Just look up what Mexico does to it's illegal immigrants on their southern border and they are complaining about how we treat their immigrants who cross into America?

If we don't have boarders and don't enforce the current laws on the books, our country will have no identity and will get run over like Europe has. No more free speech, no more freedom of expression, and the people who like to "protest peacefully" would taste the true power of oppression from the government like the Communist Chinese do to their citizens.
>>
>>38533
>Love the system when you're winning
>Cry that it's corrupt when you're losing

And grown adults would vote for this retard.
>>
>>38954
couldn't agree more my american friend
>>
>>38954
>>39245
It's called "Big Tent Politics" kids. You should pick up a political science textbook and learn why changing the two ideological opposite parties from within is superior to parliamentary republicanism.
>>
>>39241
He knows he gets the support of the people when it's a primary and people vote. Of course he's going to complain when that's not the case. I just hope he kills the big fat and bloated GOP. And the remains get picked up by a constitutionalist with some charisma
>>
>>39241
Bernie bots do the same.

Funnily enough, both their alternatives are actually terrible. But at least they're aligned with party values (read: with sponsors values).
>>
>>38857
You know you can link to imgur right?

>trump supporters are this bad at critical thinking
>>
>>38539
>However, this sheds light on how stupid our nomination process for a country that prides itself on democracy. There was literally no popular vote, and the delegate election is absolute garbage.
This right here. This is DT's intention with this shit. He's been pulling the wool off issues throughout his entire campaign, regardless of how it gets framed by the media, he's shedding light on issues that, frankly had he not, wouldn't get talked about.

He's playing a very smart game, though it's unclear if it will get him the POTUS he's aiming at, at least he's highlighting important issues that are either taboo to talk about or just flat out ignored.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.