[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prescription Drugs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 0
The opioid epidemic has gained some media attention of late, but it is still relatively unknown

https://acrossthelinesnews.com/2016/03/05/the-hidden-epidemic-what-is-the-answer/
>>
Good gets rid of the degenerates
>>
>>38188
That's not how opiod addictions work. There are good people getting hooked on these extremely powerful drugs.
>>
>>38207
without mentioning the fact that you can get addicted to opioids if you have a bad accident and they give you morphine
>>
>>38176
All this bureaucracy pisses me off. My Rx is only good for one 30-day supply, can't be refilled early or insurance won't pay, yet it takes a week or more for a script approval (and letter) from my oncologist to get to the pharmacy. So I run out of narcs and have to make an ER visit for a stop gap.
> tl;dr abusers making it hard on those in need
>>
>>38188
This right here nature rolling out its nature

>>38213
Then don't keep useing more then what your doctor prescribed and tell him or her if you are suffering from addiction and ir withdrawal?
>>
If you haven't been addicted to anything its hard for you to understand. It's all you think about... no matter what, you could have your baby in front of you crying and all you can focus on is that drug you "need"... but no matter what, all you need to get off it is someone who loves and believes in you, and the self confidence and self trust. No other rx drugs or anything. YOU HAVE TO WANT TO GET STRAIGHT. If not for your self do it for your family
>>
...is it drug marketing?

Whitch companies runs the drugscene show for the studendts is really what I am asking
>>
>>38249
Well it's not an opioid, but look at how over the counter amphetamines like adderall are being pushed.

It's almost identical to how housewives in the 60s had amphetamines pushed on them.

These days doctors give kids shady ADHD diagnoses, and tell them to take amphetamines to make them normal. Naturally, they get addicted, so when they go off the medication, they feel like shit, can't concentrate, their life falls apart. So then they're told this is because of their ADHD, and they need to keep taking the medication to make it go away.

Also so many of the professionals pushing adderall and other amphetamines as miracle drugs get consulting fees and other gains from pharma companies.

motherboard.vice.com/read/the-speed-of-hypocrisy-how-america-got-hooked-on-legal-meth
>>
>>38226
>Then don't keep useing more then what your doctor prescribed...
Are you shitting me?

Britain literally used opiate addiction to subjugate the Chinese and ended up fighting two wars over it. And that ol' 19th century opium ain't shit compared to what is prescribed nowadays.

The fact is that some doctors are literally glorified drug dealers. All you need is some back pain to get that hook-up.
>>
>>38254
I have two herniated discs and have had pretty severe back pain for two years. I refuse pain meds because I'm not a moron. It's called personal responsibility.
>>
>>38253 adderal is not OTC. It is a prescription for ADHD, which gets diagnosed way to frequently as a way for parents to not have to parent.
>>
>>38176
nah
>>
Doctors are the highest paid authors in the US!
>>
>>38226
So what are you really this naïve or are you shitposting?
>>
>>38258
Woah... Guys, we got a bad ass over here.

Some people are weak. Some people don't want to deal with constant severe pain because it interferes with their work and lives. I pretty sure severe back pain would prevent someone from doing labor intensive work.
>>
>>38258
>Suffer a crippling injury
>Refuse pain meds
>Unable to perform job
>Get fired
>Live out days on welfare
>"B-but I'm personally responsible..."
>>
>>38300
Implying pain medicine will heal his back.
>>
Good gets rid of the degenerates
>>
>>38176
>Give Humanity the strongest addictive and powerful painkiller, where it destroys the body's own endorphin makers, necessitating the need for more
>Expects there to be no addiction epidemic
>>
>>38305
That's not the purpose of *pain* medicine.

Are you pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>38404
No, he's implying that pain medicine, or a lack of it, isn't going to keep a cripple employed.
>>
>>38176

Fuck you all, get out of my way. I have pain, I need it to cure my sleep apnea. None of you understand Pain. Leave me alone.
>>
Withdrawn take gabapentin make friends make u right
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.