[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canada is possibly more suicidal than /r9k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 0
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/11/americas/ontario-attawapiskat-suicide-attempts-state-of-emergency/index.html
https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/719308218803965952
>The 2,000-strong indigenous community in the far north of the Canadian province has seen a spate of suicide attempts over the past eight months -- over 100 members, young and old, have tried to take their own lives.
>The situation came to a heartbreaking head this weekend, as community leaders in the tiny James Bay town were forced to declare a formal state of emergency after 11 people attempted to kill themselves Saturday.
>>
>>38120
>Saturday's shocking revelations follow another tragic month -- 28 Attawapiskat residents attempted suicide in March, more than 100 since September of last year.
>One person has successfully taken their life since September.
Why do these snowniggers suck so badly at killing themselves?
They don't really sound that suicidal, t.b.h.
>>
>>38129
Especially considering most attempts are at around 10% (https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/means-matter/means-matter/case-fatality/)

although a different source claims it's much lower than that: http://lostallhope.com/suicide-statistics
>>
>>38120
Natives kill themslves all the fucking time. I had plenty of contact with Davis Inlet people when I was in Labrador. They all just drink and sniff gas to the point where they are brain damaged retards and then cant cope and kill themeslves when the goverment tries to help by getting them off that shit thats killing them.

I had this one retarded native kid when I was in school. He loved sniffing gas so much he started rubbing it on his gums like fucking cocaine, and ended up losing all his teeth. Ended up with the cheapest shittiest looking metal teeth you ever saw costing the government over 40k. He ended up going to college where he overdosed on pills.
>>
>>38194

sad story. Seems like there's a lot of sadness wherever you look nowadays.

sadfag here but thoughts with him.
>>
>>38203
Shut up he did it himself
Stop being sad faggot?
>>
>>38194
gov is shoveling cash in their faces, they are paid to be natives.

they have no point living except drinking and getting shit faced sniffing gas. when they realize they fucked their life, the only choice they have is to kill themselves because they are 30 years old illiterates with no experience except in beating their wife and kids.

all that because 400 years ago we took their land. they didn t even try to integrate. they faced the same discrimination that black people faced and yet they are 100 light years behind them. almost africa tier level.
>>
>>38120
Most reserves are shit holes. And natives have fucked up families 80% of the time.
>>
>>38120
Nice click bait thread title.
>>
>>38120
Who cares?

They also forget to mention that anywhere that has a long winter, and long nights like where this place is have suicide problems because people don't get enough sunlight and stay inside too much. It got so bad the university in Sudbury created another week off so their students would stop trying to kill themselves as much.
>>
>>38120
It's not only the Canadian Natives either.

Natives in USA live in the worst conditions of any race in the US, and young male Natives have the same suicide rates as you see here.

There's been plenty of Sociological research on these groups of people and why these things happen. One big factor could be that they see there's no future for their race and identity, and knowing how they've been continuously marginalized.
>>
I already alleged in /pol/ that cases of alcohol-poisoning are probably being written up as a "suicide attempt".
It makes sense, considering the unusually low success rate.
>>
>>38236
/pol/ is pretty neat board...why dont you stay in it?
>>
>>38340
never been in /pol

are you from canada, do you even know what is their situation? Canadian police is not even allowed in their reserves, firefigthers niether. they are going to be shot if they try to go in. they dont want to participate in our society yet they gladly take the money.
>>
>>38236
>white people complaining immigrates don't try to integrate
>when they immigrate they don't try to integrate and complain the locals have their own culture
>>
>>38343
>force people to live in designated areas with shit infrastructure
>b-but they don't want to participate
>>
>>38348
>>38349
>thinking conquest wars 400 years ago are comparable to normal emigration
>thinking it's out choice to put them in designated areas with shit infrastructure

acording to you it almost seems like the only soltuion right now is to get back to europe because of what happend 400 years ago. if we follow your logic, absolutely no body in the world has a legitimate right to stay in their country, except humans that are where their ancestors were when they first evolved as homosapiens.

they want to live there, they asked to have reserves. why do you assume im white? maybe you are the racist here.
>>
>>38360
When did I talk about a solution, I just pointed out your hypocrisy
Back to pol with you
>>
>>38244
Thx bb I did my best
>>38203
Same tbh. I mean situations like this suck because you know the way to fix it will take multiple generations and might not even work then so tbh is life even worth it
>>
>>38236
>they didn't even try to integrate
Many did. You don't notice them because they integrated over a century ago.
>>
>>38239
So do whities but oh well
>>
>>38304
>no future for their race and identity, and knowing how they've been continuously marginalized.
Fuck off, I'm half Dene and this is nowhere near true. I'm fact our numbers here in Canada are growing almost twice as fast as the general Canadian population.

The problem for those isolated Northern communities is that there's no industry, nobody has to hunt for sustenance anymore and the government pays for everything, so most people just sit around and get blasted.
A lot of the band elders in the 80's recognized that people were living to drink, so they banned booze in the hope things would change. People just switched to gas and paint instead.

As for being "continuously marginalized", those communities are 100% native, and hundreds of miles away from any other village. The only other races you ever see are on TV.

People need work, or a mission and a sense of accomplishment. The government should be starting Northern Industries if they want to curtail suicides, not just flying in a bunch of shrinks.
>>
>>38349
>shit infrastructure
They're given billions of dollars for infrastructure each year. It's not the Canadian government's fault that a lot of band councils spend their infrastructure money on hot-tubs, Hummers and fact-finding trips to Vegas.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.