[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elderly woman prays to League of Legends character after mistaking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/4/9/11397248/woman-prays-to-league-of-legends-statue-garen

An elderly woman in China is quickly becoming a meme for League of Legends fans after someone in an Internet cafe posted photos of her praying to a statue of Garen on the sidewalk.

The photo, which was posted to the Chinese social network Weibo, has attracted attention from fans around the world. It's funny, but also kind of sweet. Many believe that the statue of Garen bears a strong resemblance to Lord Guan, a legendary Chinese general -- which would explain the adoration.
>>
this made my day so hard :D

Hail Garen
>>
>>38094
Or League is just that good.
>>
>>38051
its a publicity stunt, dont be naive
>>
>>38051
That statue does not look like Garen one bit,its just some disgusting brown looking chink with western armor and sword.
>>
>>38106
Being naive is the only thing make internet worth
>>
>>38051
Reported for being a faggot. Why dont you play "league of cocksuckers" and post on reddit instead of posting fake news that only gamers care about.
>>
Sounds to me like she's smart as fuck for all the wrong reasons. Garen is a manifestation of one of the personality archetypes associated with Justice, specifically the god known as Tyr. If you look at SMITE and draw some parralels between the two you'll see what I'm talking about.
>>
He fucking looks nothing like Guan Yu
No beard
>>
That's one big sword.
>>
>>38182
For you
>>
Holy shit, that statue of Garen looks like literal ass.

Poor old bat must be blind.
>>
>>38185
>>38169
>>38108
Are we actually sure that's Garen? Because the statue has a fucking beard. The only resemblance I can see is that they have big swords, there's blue on their costume, and they have pauldrons (But not the same pauldrons).
>>
>>38051
>http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/4/9/11397248/woman-prays-to-league-of-legends-statue-garen

pretty shitty viral marketing tbh

unfortunately if League thinks it's some kind of religion it's so fucking deluded I can't even fathom how stupid that is.
>>
>>38124
~*edgy*~
>>
>>38051
>Of course, there's a possibility we're all reading this wrong. The woman could totally main Garen and know exactly who he is.
>She could just be praying to the Riot gods that he's not nerfed in the next patch so she can keep pub stomping fools.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.