[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ISIS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 0
How do you think this is all going to play out?

https://acrossthelinesnews.com/2016/03/16/how-the-u-s-intervention-in-the-middle-east-led-to-the-rise-of-isis/
>>
>>38012
>How do you think this is all going to play out?
ISIS will keep being fucked up the ass in the ME as rival forces/resistance forces/Assad's army move in on Raqqa and Mosul. As they suffer more setbacks they'll make damage control videos preaching about how utopian their lands are and/or launch more attacks in western countries to try to distract people.
Then they'll be reduced enough in capability that they'll just become a name rather than a force, and devolve into bandits again while another terrorist group/Al Queeda fills the power vacuum.

Business as usual in the Middle East
>>
>>38014
Then within 10 years we get another ISIS like group that repeats the cycle. They may or may not have the capacity to match them in scope and effectiveness depending on how things play out. Shitposters on /pol/ will make up conspiracy theories about da gweedii jooos and murricastronk creating them, and exxagerate them regardless.
Meanwhile the new boogeyman will be Kim and his new super nukes.
>>
Just say fuck it, nab their resources and then wipe the slate clean. Their hatred towards western society is so deeply rooted into their education way of life that it's really not even worth trying to save civilians. Just fucking start over
>>
>>38015
> Meanwhile the new boogeyman will be Kim and his new super nukes.
Kim Jong Un did make an earthquake happen with one of those nukes so I wouldn't dismiss him or his artillery.
>>
>>38021
That's what i'm saying. Middle Eastern recolonization when?
>>
>>38012
ISIS will eventually commit an act of terror on American soil and depending on the president, America will either pussy out or go complete apeshit and turn ISIS to glass.
>>
>>38177
like it did with al-qaeda? kek
>>
>>38012
The article isn't current, it isn't an article as much as it is a selective history, and it is full of inaccurate information.

1. Baghdadi (Bakkr) did did not found JAN
2. Iraq was only stable under Saddam if you ignore the multiple insurgencies, the invasion of Kuwait, and the growing terrorism problem at the time of 2003
3. The US did not install Iraq's elected government or use its influence to favor the Shia.
4. Iraq's infrastructure was largely destroyed before 2003 and the US led Coalition left Iraq's infrastructure (oil, medical, military/police, gas for cookin, roads, electricity, etc.) better than they had ever been at the time of withdraw, and before ISIS was ever publicly mentioned.
5. Foreign fighters flocking in to join ISIS can also be seen to have higher and positively trending average human development
6. ISIS is not only or even primarily a political movement. It is a apocalyptic cult and its leadership expends enormous effort (much more than it does rendering services) cultivating that image.

I could go on. The author needs to fix his shit. The topic of the essay is already, correctly covered in Will McCant's recent book, but his or her grasp of the war and terrorism is so lacking that I would also recommend "Endgame", and essays by Cronin.

You're welcome.

To OP's question,

>How do you think this is all going to play out?
IMO the IS Group will fall apart well before they're scheduled to be driven out of Mosul and Rakka, and people will already be so worried about something else by that time that they'll be writing similar, stupid articles that claim nothing like it has been seen before and the US is 100% to blame.
>>
>>38238
4. Iraq's infrastructure was largely destroyed before 2003 and the US led Coalition left Iraq's infrastructure (oil, medical, military/police, gas for cookin, roads, electricity, etc.) better than they had ever been at the time of withdraw, and before ISIS was ever publicly mentioned.

you dun goofed
>>
>>38271
>you dun goofed
I don't blame you for being brainwashed. You've just made the first step to correcting your ignorance.

http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Centers/saban/iraq-index/index201207.pdf?la=en
>>
>>38238
Who is "Endgame" written by? All I find are young adult novels when I search.
>>
>>38319
http://www.amazon.com/The-Endgame-Inside-Struggle-George/dp/0307388948

If you buy it go for the physical copy. The end notes and index are what set it apart from other books on the war.
>>
>>38238
>2. Iraq was only stable under Saddam if you ignore the multiple insurgencies, the invasion of Kuwait, and the growing terrorism problem at the time of 2003
Not to mention the Iran-Iraq War.
>>
>>38021
>wipe the slate clean
>just fucking start over
2edgy4me
>>
>>38177
We wouldn't turn ISIS to glass. They'd go underground. Meanwhile, we're stuck in another foreign war
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.