[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Indiana's GOP delegates are tough. How tough?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
“One of my criteria for filtering out folks was whether or not they support Donald Trump,” said one district GOP leader.

> http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/donald-trump-indiana-primary-221747
>>
>>37928
underrated story even if you take out the partisan crap.
>>
>>37928
How do delegates work?
>>
This is why Trump supporters will fall in love behind the sleazy republicans.
>>
>>38041
*Won't fall in line. fucking typing is hard
>>
>>38042

Honestly, I don't fully understand what the "establishment" is so upset about. Why don't they like him? How is he significantly different from the rest of the GOP/Tea Party?
>>
>>38033
They're another establishment trick, usually.
>>38046
Because Trump plays from the 1920's playbook. They think more Hispandering is needed.
>>
>>38046
Because he's an outsider and doesn't answer to them
>>
>>38046
The GOP's voter base is dying out and they need to start pandering to hispanics in order to not become marginalized. Unfortunately, pandering to hispanics means adopting more moderate stances on immigration, which, as is apparent, neither the christian right nor working class rural whites will not tolerate.

The Republican Party as we know it is not going to survive this election. Most likely, there will be a fiscal conservative Christian Democrat-style party that will emerge, and a Tea Party for the Christian psychos and the rednecks.
>>
>>38053
Lol the GOP isn't going to tear apart over Trump just like it didn't over Barry Goldwater in 1964 election which he lost badly and didn't fit the party's narrative.
>>
>>38048
>>38053

I understand the need to draw in more Hispanics, but its not like Cruz's policies are all that much different.

http://www.npr.org/2015/11/10/455359422/where-the-2016-candidates-stand-on-immigration-in-one-chart

here Cruz and Trump are basically the same except trump wants to make it easier to vote, trump is ok with higher taxes on the wealthy, and trump wants to avoid foreign entanglements. For everything else they agree. What the fuck am I missing here?

http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/compare/62-70/Ted-Cruz-vs-Donald-Trump

>>38049
I don't really buy this outsider narrative.

>>38054
Was Goldwater really that much of an outsider?
>>
>>38060
I never said it wasn't complicated. Cruz and Rubio are basically the GOP tipping their toes into the hispanic waters. Mexican-sounding names, rich white-looking guys, rich white-looking politics.

If anything, it illustrates the untenability of the GOP's position. By even being open to compromise with Democrats on immigration (their default position for the last 10 years, despite all the lip service), they are losing a third of their base to Trump.
>>
>>38063

I see Trump and Rubio differ on the NPR chart.

But Trump and Cruz seem pretty close and Trump has the same views as some other GOP "insiders."

As a person Trump worries me because of his overt racism, his ability to quickly demonize anyone who stands in his way, and because I've seen his promises before in the doc "You've Been Trumped." He promised lots of great things to the public when he built some golf course, didn't follow through with any of his promises, brought in cheap foreign labor, fucked up protected land, and degraded the shit out of the local blue-collar workers who got in his way.

However, his stances on individual issues don't strike me as being all that different than the GOP as a whole. (Note: I am from Texas so maybe my perception of the GOP is skewed looking at the world from a tea party strong hold.) Unless everyone is up in arms about his character, I don't really get it. And even then, which candidate really has a strong moral platform to stand on?
>>
fuck that rich asshole
>>
>>38054
We'll remain two party, but the party will definitely change. Goldwater's defeat lead Nixon to his way in. I would say Nixon was the buffer between the old Republicans and the Reagan Republicans. Then, the real change as a result was obviously Reagan and his ridiculous rhetoric and policy.
>>
>>38069
It's not so much the positions as it is the perception. It doesn't matter what Cruz has said about immigration and free trade, to Trump's supporters he is a just another nameless face labeled "GOP Establishment".

It is unlikely that Trump is actually going to be elected President. Between the convention, his extreme unpopularity with women (and to an admittedly lesser degree, minorities), and the GOP establishment almost certainly running another candidate against him regardless of the outcome of the primaries-a candidate which would probably win in the event of the election having to go to Congress for a vote- it just doesn't seem to be in the cards for him. Trump's rhetorical tactics will not go over as well with the general population as it has in the primaries, although I imagine he will at least make an attempt to sound more sophisticated in the months after the convention. Again, this is the wicked problem that the GOP is facing - they need evangelicals, working class whites (many of them hispanic), and conservative elites (a growing number of them hispanic) all voting in concert to defeat urban liberals/blacks in major elections, but all of these groups' present interests have diverged considerably.
>>
>>37928
>all this irrational hatred towards because the media says so
>all these people pretending to have a problem with Trump because its trendy
This proves that most people are sheep with no real thought.

If this was Germany in 1940,I know exactly what they would've done.
>>
>>38111
You mean 1933, and Hitler was appointed, not elected.
>>
The shill is strong today.
>>
>>38111
Name one election against other parties where Hitler had a majority.

He got his power by breaching the enabling act.
>>
I voted for Trump in the primary because I wanted to see the GOP self-destruct. And not the way you might think. See, the GOP will cluelessly assume that Trump's weak points are his somewhat liberal ones. They honestly believe he is liberal for calling out G.W. Bush about 9-11, making fun of McCain, being light on abortion (and until he wanted women lashed for it, he was almost pro-life by GOP standards) and being non-religious. The GOP will double-down on Bush love (but not NYC love..... those American lapel pins and "I Am A New Yorker" sentiments are being washed away), Religion, Anti-Abortion. And they'll keep the other stuff he's used that makes him so unpopular among liberals: anti-immigration, anti-Muslim, etc. The party will keep introducing anti-gay amendments in states, which keep getting overturned (and, in turn, banned forever) until eventually the party splits in Pro-Social Libertarians (to pick up some side-switching Dems) and Pro-Corp Tea Party (which gets the money) for good. Then we will have a three-party system the (newly pro-military) Dems will dominated for 8-12 years
>>
>>38139
A vote for Trump is a vote against the religious right
>>
>>38081
>working class whites (many of them hispanic)
>whites
>hispanic
Wut
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.