[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is an Internet Emergency.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 0
There is a petition to stop one of canadas telecommunication gaints from killing Canada's smaller, most affordable Internet providers so it can price-gouge you at will. If Bell succeeds, Canadians will be forced to pay more money for less Internet.

So I was wondering if 4Chan would like to help us stop Bell canada from raping our wallets

https://act.openmedia.org/emergency?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=7012&tdid=317
>>
Bump for canafam
>>
>>37883
Love to help you man but Canadian teleco's have a complete monopoly over the market and the government organization devoted to regulating telecommunications just gives them whatever they want.

There is literally nothing you can do. Plus internet petitions are less than worthless.
>>
>>37896
Unless you live in Saskatchewan, in which case you get based Sasktel
>>
>>37883

fuck the internet in Canada is soo bad.

3 major telecoms because the gov wants to "support Canadian companies" and all three offer terrible overpriced service and the regulators don't step in and regulate to protect actual Canadians.

I had some dickface at Bell Canada once tell me internet was expensive in Canada because it is a big country and is rocky or some shit.

The majority of the populaton lives within 30 miles of the US border and Canada has huge ass cities which shouldn't be any more difficult to service than cities in any other developed nation.

Just so you know, T-Mobile has unlimited long distance calling and free roaming in Canada and Mexico. It's probably cheaper to drive down to The States and sign up for T-Mobile and bring the phone back home.
>>
>>37883
>>37893
>>37896
>>37939
Fuck off you maple syrup drinker, Canadians are like Australians that speak French. Disgusting.
>>
>>37883
Which specific rule are you talking about?
>>
Thank God I live on the west coast where there's a bit of competition between Shaw and some local ones
>>
Sry mate, but i cant sign up as a non candian... any other ways to help?
>>
>>37883

dont fret, the weedman will protect you from such atrocities. This is the future you chose
>>
>>37883
It doesn't let me put in my US postal code.
>"Canadian postal codes are like A9A 9A9"
_A9A 9A9_
>Thank you for...
>>
>>37883
>invalid postal code. Postal codes in Canada are like "
Goodbye my 30 seconds
>>
>>37883
Canadians here are mainly shitposters imo so I'm not going to sign that. If it was about any other country I would try to help right away, but I feel less internet for canadians is doing the rest of the world a favor.
>>
>>38132
This, at least the have free medical weed though, right?
>>
>Canadian Internet Provider Billionaire
>Internet tech: Hey, let's invest in more infrastructure, it will only cost $1,000,000.
>Business man: Nah, I'll just hire 100 techies to monitor and throttle consumers internet connections, it will only cost about $999,999.
>>
>>37998
you're calling me disgusting because we have shit internet?
>>
>>38250
Shit internet doesn't make your shit posts.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.