[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Azerbaijan and Armenian conflict escalation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: 2000px-AZ-qa-location-en.svg.png (392 KB, 2000x1354) Image search: [Google]
2000px-AZ-qa-location-en.svg.png
392 KB, 2000x1354
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/04/heavy-fighting-erupts-armenian-azeri-border-160402084508361.html
http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160402/1037362816/armenia-azerbaijan-karabakh-violent.html
https://www.rt.com/news/338102-armenia-azerbaijan-karabakh-violence/
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/12/armenia-accuses-azerbaijan-war-151222134855846.html
>Heavy fighting has broken out between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces along the frontlines of the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region, governments of both the countries said on Saturday.

>The Armenian Defence Ministry spokesperson Artsrun Hovhannisyan claimed on a Facebook post that Armenian forces in the region shot down an Azeri military helicopter, which Azerbaijan denied.

>"Active combat is currently under way," Hovhannisyan said. "The Armenian Army has launched a counter-attack. There are victims on both sides but the opposing side has sustained huge losses in manpower and equipment. A [Azerbaijani] helicopter has been shot down." .

>Armenia says a ceasefire with neighbouring Azerbaijan over the breakaway region of Nagorno-Karabakh no longer exists, describing frequent skirmishes at the front line as "war".
>>
if things genuinely get worse will putin have to intervene?
>>
>>36178
Wow, was the US ousting of Saddam the last time two active government militaries were at war? Conventional warfare seems so weird to me now. I've grown so used to governments fighting or supporting opposition forces over the last ten years.
>>
>>36181
Armenia is backed by Iran and Russia.
Azerbaijan is backed by Turkroaches.
Armenians are poor as fuck so good chance they will be BTFO'ed without support.
>>
>>36184
Nato intervention in Libya? Pretty direct, albeit no troops on the ground.
>>
>>36186
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. The almost complete msm blackout of the Libyan ordeal (coup?) has left me mostly clueless about what actually happened there.
>>
>>36188
>Nato liberates opressed people from tyrannical regime ;^)
>liberated so much that they have two governments now so x2 the democracy
>peaceful negotiations between hundreds of militia
>jihadis didn'du nuffin
>>
>>36185
This. I'd be as surprised to find out the KGB or whatever they're calling themselves these days were involved in this as I'd be to find out the CIA fomented the "Arab Spring," (ie. not at all).
>>
>>36213
I wonder who is behind it all though
|
|>
|
|
|
>>
>>36215

But jews and armenians are friends.

Armenians are like their version of the jews.
>>
>>36232
Israel provides lots of equipment to Azerbaijan. They use Azerbaijan to project power upon Iran. Bibi had plans set up that included an invasion from the north of Iran using Azerbaijan as a staging ground.
>>
important under-reported story
>>
>>36264
Tbf it is completely under reported. This is relatively big news. Looks like the first real, conventional war for the past 5 years (if you include Libyan liberation ;^) )
>>
>>36348
Don't you count the Syrian war as a real war?
>>
>>36178

awesome another fight that will be constructed as muslim vs christian despite the issue comes from Stalin's bullshit.

poor Armenia. They are so fucked. No oil. No friends. No tourism. Nothing.
>>
Kim Kardashian must be quite saddened.
>>
>>36365
Actually Armenia has the upper hand. The military is more experienced since the Armenians used to serve in the Soviet army and the Azerbaijanis didn't. Also if you look at the geography of the held Nagarno-Karabakh Republic and surroundings, you can clearly see that the Armenian army has all the hills, this is a great advantage. But we must not forget that the Armenians are always backed by Russia.
>>
>>36362
It is a civil war. Until the Syrian is in an official state of war I will not consider it such.
>>
>>36430
This is pretty much it. Plus they are well-settled in the area.
>>
WW3 LOOKING KINDA AWESOME
>>
>>36440
I believe it to be highly unlikely that a set of events could occur that would lead to WWIII from this war. I don't believe Israel or Turks would truly back them up Azerbaijan conventionally if push came to shove.
>>
bumping for actual news that isn't kneejerk moral outrage or racebait

I wonder what side the Kurds are on in this. They have to be involved, being so close.
>>
>>36178
>The Azerbaijan city of Ganja
>The City of Ganja
>420 blaze it fags.
>>
>>36632
WEAPONS
OF
MASS
COMFINESS
>>
>>36178
>The Armenian Defence Ministry spokesperson Artsrun Hovhannisyan claimed on a Facebook post that...

I still can't get used to this. Facebook or twitter posts from military leaders and other people representing extremely serious groups.
>>
>>36663
> [Current Year]
> Not using millennial tools
Sending out a tweet is much easier than setting up a press conference tbf.
>>
>>36615
Kurds are on the side of Armenians because the Armenians support Kurdish groups.
>>
That's why I visit /news/ often. Here in italy those skirmish are ignored by news services
>>
>>36706
Also Turkey support Azerbaijan so it is a given that kurds will support the opposite of turkshits.
>>
>>36440
Who /stockingupfornuclearwinter/ here?
>>
>>37095
Got a soviet era gasmask with plenty spare filters and a soviet nbc (tested) and a lee Enfield. I don't have a massive food store at home but my father (lives 10 minutes away on foot) owns delivery company that often transports food(so could get lucky).
How fucked am I?
>>
>>37128
More prepared than me. All I got is microwavable ramen noodles, pepper spray, and cowboy boots.
>>
>>36185
>Armenia is backed by Iran and Russia.

I wonder why Russia would back Armenia over Azerbaijan since they were both Soviet bloc countries.
>>
>>37253
Armenia has strong cultural ties with Russia, they are both Orthodox and share traditions that date back to the Byzantines. Armenians were also relatively loyal to the USSR and provided many soldiers (This is the main reason they won the first war between them and Azerbaijan as they had a well trained and disciplined officer corps and troops.).
On the other hand, Azerbaijan is pro-turkey, an extension of this policy means that they are anti-Russian(Basically).
>>
>>37250
How much ramen~desu?
>>
>>37272
3-5 boxes. I also have like 5 bags of chips, a pack of root beer, and assorted cookies. Unhealthy, useless, shit. Forgot to mention I also have a portable radio so at least I'll be updated and have some dank tunes to listen to.
>>
>>37274
Currently the look out for a HAM radio. Could be useful, don't really want to spend money on it though.
>>
>>37278
Meh. Try yard sales/flea markets, or maybe craigslist.
Can probably get one free (or nearly) if you look hard enough.
>>
>>37271

You forget that Azer has done an amazing job of playing the Russians and the Americans off each other for years. Azer gets a tremendous amount of support from each nation.

Also, if we want to judge use political influence or care in the region based off the size of the countries' embassies Russia, Turkey, and the USA are the most heavily invovled in Azer. Each country has a embassy that is huge compared other international players like England. Russia wouldn't sell Azer out and Azer isn't dumb enough to cut its ties with Russia for Turkey. Turkey is important in the region and Azeri and Turksih are basically the same langauge, but the nation is not as important as Russia (and its not like most Azeri's of any sort of wealth or influence can't speak Russian fluently, look at whose son is leading the nation? not surprisingly a former Soviet leader's son.)

Their oil wealth makes them an important player, while Armenia's lack of any industry makes them pretty worthless in the region.
>>
>>36185

you realize southern Azer and northern Iran have rather similar popualtions right?

If I remember right, northern Iran is filled with ethnic Azerbianjis.

>>36213
>FSB behind a stand off that has been going on for years
>Russia wants its neighbors to become unstable because unstable neighbors is good for reducing terrorism and local trade

>>36348
what seperates this from the other deaths that have occured over the past 10 years? 20 years?

this is a non-story. its about as important as minor flare up between Best Korea and S Korea. Nothing will come of this.
>>
>>36188
We (NATO, but primarily the US, especially the funding) dropped 300 cruise missiles on them in a single day along with a shitton of air strikes, pretty much eliminating all their air and anti-air capabilities and then we flew air support and provided intel and logistical funding for the religious backed insurgency and supported the political overthrow of their government on the world stage.

We actually fucked Libya worse than before, but helping the people was not the point.
Global hegemony is always the point of our foreign policy.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.