[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iraq: Ramadi Liberation Status = ISIS BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: abu quacker al baghdadi.jpg (8 KB, 294x171) Image search: [Google]
abu quacker al baghdadi.jpg
8 KB, 294x171
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/12/world/middleeast/iraqi-campaign-to-retake-ramadi-from-isis-makes-gains.html?_r=0

Iraqi Army and Sunni Tribal fighters with Coalition air-cover are in the process of taking Ramadi back for the IS Group.

The offensive has been going for a few days and it will continue for some time, but Daesh is running scared from the A-10 Warthogs and moral is high.
>>
>>8289
Further background:
City of 200k people on the far South East flank of Daesh teritory
Follows the liberation of Sinjar with Kurdish forces.
First real test of US re-trained Arab ground forces.
Daesh has rigged IED's all over the city and they are retreating with human shields.
>>
I'm really curious about that home-made rocket pictured in the article- it's so hilariously stupid that I want to see IS try to use it.
These are the people that defeated the trillion-dollar industry of the US military.
>>
>>8331
>home-made rocket
I remember first seeing them in articles about Syria a few years ago. They're more of a mortar than a rocket. They are shit accurate, but they can be filled with shrapnel.

In addition to these anti-personnel projectiles one of the current Daesh favorites is a highly armored kamakazi truck. They often come in groups and are able to plow through checkpoints and into specific targets like a poor man's precision guided bomb.

But, lets keep things in perspective. A-10 Warthogs and Apache helicopters hard counter both of these.
>>
Most of the children on this board are too young to remember "Wag the Dog", the movie.

Go watch it. Now.
>>
>>8494
Nice try New Line Cinema Internet Defense Force. Only a misguided pleb shill would recommend a movie rather than the book, not say why, and believe his anonymous endorsement is sufficient.
>>
>>8331
They use them pretty often in Syria, sometimes to pretty good effect. Look up Hellcannon on youtube/liveleak and you'll see plenty of examples.
>>
ISIS is actually really losing.

It's true it's going slow and at a cost of further Iran-ification of Iraq and Syria, but still. Better Shia militias than fucking Daesh.

They might try to escape to Libya or Yemen or whatnot, but still. You get them out of Syria and Iraq, you take the main propaganda point from them.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.