[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Friday Sales Down More Than $1 Billion This Year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Stuffed bell pepper (4).jpg (295 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Stuffed bell pepper (4).jpg
295 KB, 1600x1200
http://time.com/4128592/black-friday-sales-down/

Brick and mortar sales on Black Friday fell from $11.6 billion in 2014 to $10.4 billion in 2015, according to the retail researcher ShopperTrak. Sales on Thanksgiving fell from just over $2 billion to $1.8 billion. Both decreases are attributed to the increase in online sales, the Associated Press reports.
>>
>as people spend more money online, they spend less at brick and mortar stores

Astounding.
>>
Black Friday has been shit as far as recent memory is concerned. You can hardly consider many of these sales to be sales at all
>>
>HUGE EBIN EPIC BLACK FRIDAY SALE!!!!!
>$3 off
>WOW WHY DIDNT ANYONE CARE
>>
>>3225
This was the shittiest black friday in forever and they're surprised?

Pump up the fucking deals
>>
>>3228
Except people like me consider it more of an "event" and quite the people watching/photo shoot.
>>
>>3231
Plus they hardly closed any stores. Jesus fuck the best deal was best buys $150 49" TV but they only carried a few per store. I said fuck it and just bought a 55" TCL or some bullshit brand smart TV.
>>
>>3225
good, black friday was a literal meme anyway
>>
i only bought one thing on black friday... a laptop on bestbuy.com

didnt have to wake up early for it either
>>
Spending money is for chicks
>>
>>3225
I am wondering how the sales stand at around $10 billions?
I mean, who would want to leave their basements just to go shopping?
>>
>going outside
>>
>>3225

I thought the success of Black Friday was measured in trampled corpses.
>>
>>3228
Nigga I got a 32" TV and a speaker for it for just over $200 from Amazon. I had a very successful Black Friday without even leaving my room
>>
>>3225

>image
>on a text board

I-is that allowed?
>>
>>3337
Hush, child. Everything will be alright.
>>
>>3225
>implying people have jobs or money
>those with money are getting over this consumerist holiday bullshit
>implying internet shopping is new
>>
>>3225
Why the hell would it matter how people are buying things?

Oh, because people aren't whipping themselves into a frenzy and impulse buying shit they don't need simply because other people aren't grabbing for it? The horror!
>>
>>3225

Why aren't the goyim lining my pockets?!
>>
>>3307
Bump
>>
>>3225
Thing is, there was this whole 11/11 sale a week or so before. Kind of took the wind out of black Friday's sails I'm guessing. Dumb shit, all of it.
>>
I worked on Black Friday from 9-6 at a banana republic, traffic really was not that bad and the managers had some unrealistic sales goals of like $20,000 in the first hour of opening (the store made like 9000). Just because everything's 40% off doesn't make it a good deal.
>>
>>3385
But they are. Jewmazon is bigger than ever.
>>
>>3228
What they've been doing is raising the base price just prior to the sale so they can maximize the appearance of the discount.
Ex. Taking something for $2.99 and raising it to $3.99 and putting a 25% off sign on it before the store opens.

>>3231
This. All anyone was selling was retarded gimmick electronics like gps screen protectors and organic usb cushions. Garbage nobody would feel any sense of urgency to spend money on. Barely any retailers even put games or movies out for sale and the ones who did charged a minimum of $8 for blu-rays.

>>3380
>>3392
I think the concern here is how these stores are going to compensate for underperforming on Black Friday. I work at Target and my store made about 30% of its goal.

I think I'm just wondering if my job is safe.

>>3225
>Media brainwashes 2 generation of men and women into hating marriage
>Surprised when they spend less on thanksgiving dinner and christmas presents
>>
>>3228
This. Wall Mart was advertising a PS4 + game black Friday deal that was exactly what a PS4 plus one game would cost normally
>>
>>3232
>tips fedora
>>
Black Friday sales were pretty disappointing.

Half the shit I wanted didn't even go on sale, and the other half worse sales than what they did during labor day, which I didn't buy because I was waiting for BF.

Macy's is a great example of a business where the department stores had worse BF deals than the website did, and here's the fucking hilarious part, the department stores won't match the internet store sale.

Literally no reason to do any shopping in department stores now.
>>
>>3225
>$100 off of a piece of shit TV from some no-name company
>FREE $20 gift card when you spend $200 at Target! WOW!
>Buy 2 EA Sports games, get one free
>Did you know that the odds of getting trampled when stores open on Black Friday are overblown? You're not likely to be killed, so come on down!

Need to try a lot harder to get me to part with my money. Especially when online retailers let me order from my couch by the fireplace, and give better discounts and free shipping.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.