[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
7 young adults with down syndrome do a reality tv show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1
File: bornthisway.jpg (59 KB, 675x440) Image search: [Google]
bornthisway.jpg
59 KB, 675x440
So, I would like to see all of your opinions about this show. I cant really tell if I am against it but the idea seems to take advantage on a genetic disease for tv ratings.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davewalker/2015/12/04/new-ae-reality-series-born-this-way-is-sweet-raw-and-real/#2bd75e874c45
>>
Good to see Miranda Cosgrove still getting work after iCarly.
>>
>>32008
People with Down's are not entirely 'people'
>>
>>32008
Reality TV is cancer.

If you want to be indoctrinated by a liberal TV station to try and get them teach you (erroniusly) that people with down syndrome fit into the egalitarian world view... Go ahead... but you're a fagget
>>
Quite frankly, the show will probably be boring.

My half-brother has Down's and his life is not exactly a rollercoaster of events. I have no idea how they want to make this interesting.
>>
People with down syndrome are for the most pretty funny and enjoy life. But i wouldnt see it since watching T.V. is much more of a retarded thing to do than being actually retarded.
>>
100 years ago they were paraded before people in freak shows at circuses

today they are paraded before people in freak shows on national TV

things change, but at the same time they don't
>>
>>32159
>I have no idea how they want to make this interesting
It's a 'reality' tv show. I'm sure they'll figure out something.
>>
>>32008
There's going to be so many gifs.

Some people will watch this show just to laugh at them, but hopefully they'll be treated somewhat respectfully. I would hate for this to become the new midget craze. It's on A&E so it'll mostly be a heart-touching moment type show, but it's also done by the producer of the Kardashians so it's hard to tell.
>>
There's a soap opera with one down in Poland, it was source of some memes in the past.
>>
>>32054
>underrated post
>>
>>32008
>reality tv
>implying there wont be arguments and eventual fighting
>downies using their retard strength on each other making a bloody mess
>would watch/10
>>
tbh they did this a couple years ago in the Netherlands, show was called Down for Dummies, also there is a 'prank'-show called UpsideDown
and SynDroom where a tv host talks to retards about their dreams (Droom is dutch for dream and syndroom is dutch for syndrome)
>>
>>32008
DOWN SYNDROME DRAMA
this is going to be gold
>>
>>32008
Oh, fucking awesome, but when I pitch Down Syndrome Abbey everyone gets mad at me.
>>
>>32008
I have never seen a Down's Syndrome Black man before this picture
>>
>>32594
Oh, I have.
>>
Their gross fat faces always make me slightly nauseous.
>>
>>32008

why do all their faces look photoshoped?
>>
>>32621
It's pretty much a standard for any TV show to photoshop people's skin to look smooth and beautiful
>>
>>32008
Honestly I know one downie who cleans a carwash and his wardrobe puts me to shame, dude fucking wears suits and fine leather jackets while in public.
>>
>>32008
Comedy gold.

A lot of this leftist dribble is just not so thinly veiled comedy.
>>
>>32054
I'm so high and i just lost my shit lol
>>
>Not calling it DownTown

smh tbh fam
>>
>>32008
I never liked or will ever like reality shows
>>
>>32008
>That center red-shirt doing a jump

I'm pretty impressed, actually, must have been a good photoshoot. Looks better than most university club photos, so clearly some artistic talent is involved in the show.

Not my cup of tea, I won't ever watch it, but good for them - I can understand if kids with Down's want to watch something like this.

Just hope they don't lose too much money making it.
>>
>>32008
I wonder how long the photo op took for this single shot.
>>
>>32522
Pretty much this. Didn't watch any of those but there was a talk show in Spain where all the hosts and most staff and production had down. It was actually pretty watchable. But then again it was a talk show.
Actually I don't think there's anything funny about down. Meeting a few people with down I realised that the keypoint is how much time is invested in the person by their caregivers, they can be pretty average
>>
>>32008
I like the black guy in the suit looking all cool and sheeeit
>>
>>32008
The only way they can make this interesting is if they force the downies to dance or fight each other. I would pay to see that.
>>
>>32912
About seven potatoes
>>
>>32008
I have watched those in many others reality show.
>>
>>32008
I give them 3 hours before they start to copulate and be violent with the others.
>>
>>32976
>I give them 3 hours before they start to copulate and be violent with the others.
*with each other.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zisf4h1OBc
>>
>>32008
They needed something to replace Here Comes Honey-Boo-Boo, obviously. Just another generic reality tv sideshow where people can come to laugh at the freaks.
>>
>>32839
Down with the Sickness is better
>>
>>33011
How about Down with the Syndrome?
>>
>>33193
Syndrome of a Down
>>
>>32054
First post best post
>>
>>32008
http://archive.is/gnKJB

get past their shitty adblock-block
>>
>>32008
i see sameface in manga but this is just uncanny
>>
>Reality TV show
>About trying to make down syndrome seem like a good thing

I can't, besides reality shows being retarded. I simply cannot withstand the incredible amount of pansy content shown. It's worst than cringe.
>>
>>32008

>Reality TV
>Literally being retarded

Nice
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zisf4h1OBc

Look at this.

>Even down syndrome women are more retarded than down syndrome men.

>MUUUH FEELINGS WAAAAH!!
>>
>>32008
Retards are the scum of Earth. Trying to create a show to further push them into our social society makes me want to die
>>
DOWNton alley
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.