[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marco Rubio Says He Won’t Run for Re-Election — or Governor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 0
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio is done with politics – at least for now.

The former presidential candidate and once-rising star in the Republican Party, who quit the race after losing his home state’s primary on Tuesday night, told reporters on Capitol Hill on Thursday that he is not looking to remain a member of Congress. “I’m not running for re-election to the Senate,” he said. “I’m going to finish out my term here.”
Florida bars candidates from running for two offices at once, and Mr. Rubio in starting his presidential campaign was effectively giving up his Senate seat. But the official registration deadline in Florida isn’t until June 24, allowing Mr. Rubio an opening into the race.

The race for his seat is already crowded, with six contenders who have raised more than $13 million total. Mr. Rubio’s spotty attendance record in the Senate was an issue in the presidential campaign, and could have resurfaced in a re-election bid.

Speaking to reporters on Thursday, Mr. Rubio showed no interest in staying on the campaign trail, either. Asked whether he would consider being Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s vice presidential running mate, were he to clinch the nomination, Mr. Rubio responded, “I’m not going to be anybody’s vice president. I’m not interested in being vice president.” He also said he was not planning to run for governor of Florida. Gov. Rick Scott, a Republican, is term-limited and cannot run for re-election in 2018.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/03/17/marco-rubio-says-he-wont-run-for-re-election-or-governor-in-2018
>>
He isn't going to run because he's going to kill himself
>>
>>29768
>losing his home state’s primary
Fuck.
That's gotta hurt.
He's probably gonna kill himself.
>>
>>29768
Welcome to the average everyday America where you can't always get what you want.
>>
>>29768
He seems like he would be a self-absorbed idiot.

>I’m not going to be anybody’s vice president. I’m not interested in being vice president

That's implying he wants to be president for the glory and recognition, not for the ability to shape a country and help your fellow citizens.

A poor display indeed.
>>
>>29837
>That's implying he wants to be president for the glory and recognition, not for the ability to shape a country and help your fellow citizens.
To play devil's advocate, he also could be saying that he dislikes every other viable candidate enough to not want to give them any support; that (assuming he sees himself as a powerful politician, which he almost certainly does) any help he provided a president would allow that president more energy to advance causes he (Rubio) dislikes.
>>
>>29837
OR even worse he's just butthurt and won't take second place...
>>
>>29768
That's what happens when you go up against the don
>>
Why did he even stay in that long
>>
>>29916
After Jeb! got destroyed by Trump, the establishment threw their lot in with Rubio, as he was the most popular establishment candidate of them all.
Unfortunately they can't beat the will of the people
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.