[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
North Korean Hydrogen Bomb Wipes Out Manhattan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1
File: 1432885909_319007316.jpg (49 KB, 600x388) Image search: [Google]
1432885909_319007316.jpg
49 KB, 600x388
North Korea claimed Sunday that it could wipe out Manhattan by sending a hydrogen bomb on a ballistic missile to the heart of New York City, the latest in a string of brazen threats.

Although there are many reasons to believe that Kim Jong Un’s regime is exaggerating its technical capabilities, the near-daily drumbeat of boasts and warnings from North Korea underlines its anger at efforts to thwart its ambitions.

“Our hydrogen bomb is much bigger than the one developed by the Soviet Union,” DPRK Today, a state-run outlet, reported Sunday. DPRK stands for the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, North Korea’s official name.

“If this H-bomb were to be mounted on an intercontinental ballistic missile and fall on Manhattan in New York City, all the people there would be killed immediately and the city would burn down to ashes,” the report said, citing a nuclear scientist named Cho Hyong Il.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/north-korea-claims-it-could-wipe-out-manhattan-with-a-hydrogen-bomb/2016/03/13/3834cd54-e919-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_story.html?tid=sm_tw
>>
I guess they are running low of foreign aid
>>
Not gonna lie, when i saw the title i panicked a bit
>>
>>28693
Clickbait "journalists" will evebtually create a Cry Wolf effect so when a Happening actually occurs people wont believe the evacuation notice amd the blood thus spilled will be on their hands
This world is going to stupid itself to death and thats what really scares me.
>>
>>28693
I second this statement
>>
>>28693
I did. Then I realized that every phone would chirp and every tv would come on automatically if this actually happened.
>>
>>28679

Did they they would bomb us or did they use NY as a reference for it's power?

Quit being so sensitive.

Nk: I have big penis

America: RAPE!
>>
>>28679
>North Korea nukes manhatten
>Suddenly the day after news headlines eveywhere on the internet read "IS TRUMP TO BLAME FOR NUCLEAR ATTACKS?"
>>
>>28679
well, that would make new york suddenly a conservative republican state.

plus then we get to nuke the norks and finish that war once and for all.
>>
The hydrogen bomb will not hit the city but will hit the water. Hitting the water will cause a giant tsuami!
>>
If this ever happened their nuke would have been blasted out of the sky before it even gets to the west coast. Then within the hour DPRK would be wiped from existence.
>>
>>28679

so basically he would bomb a bunch of empty real estate
>>
How long before this pudgy fat fuck dies of a heart attack?
>>
>>28753
> assassination attempt
FTFY
>>
>>28801
That seems unlikely. He's in the middle of an isolated country whose population has been brainwashed by decades of propaganda. He's more likely to die of cancer from exposing his micropenis to the uranium.
>>
>>28741

This, pretty much. Any attack from North Korea on the United States - even a failed one - would result in our military annihilating Dear Leader and his Glorious Empire within a month. And since NK has already pissed off...well, pretty much the entire developed world, no one would even really try to stop us from liberating the fuck out of NK.
>>
It would be so easy just to drone this fucker into the dirt. China would probably give them a medal for offing such an annoying little candy ass.
>>
>>28805
Glorious Korean War II
Bring it on bitches. The winner's already written in the sand.
>>
For a minute I thought manhattan was wiped out. Then I starting asking myself why the fuck is the newstation not reporting this like 9/11
>>
>>28805
People keep forgetting that NK has the LARGEST army in the world. Sure, it's full of malnurioushed twig men, but still, that's a lot of mass you have to get through. Just giving them knives and letting them loose could be devastating
>>
>>28833
>NK has the LARGEST army in the world
before or after it's been vaporized by multiple nuclear strikes?
>>
i hope he does
>jew york gone
>everyone in new england dies from radiation
>fuck the norks in the ass
>unite korea

literally everyone wins
>>
Why would they bother going for Manhattan when Seoul and Tokyo much, much closer and more likely to actually get bombed?
>>
>>28833
>Sure, it's full of malnourished twig men

More importantly, they're under-equipped twig men. They're equipped to fight a war in 1955, not a modern war:
>mostly WWII-era steel helmets, kevlar helmets have been barely introduced
>no body armor
>camouflage uniforms are rare, most of them still ave 50's combat uniforms
>"best" tank is built of a design from the 1960's
>some other tanks from the 60's, most of them from the 40's or 50's
>coastal defenses consist of unprotected guns
>artillery is pulled by tractors
>most helicopters are illegally imported civilian copters
>20 Mi-24 Hinds for helicopter support across the entire army

The other branches aren't any better off:
Air Force:
>~350 aircraft from the 50's, plus some 70 fighter-bombers form the same time period, SK has some 200 aircraft from the same period but modernized with newer avionics and gear from the 70's
>35 modern Mig-29s, but they would be outnumbered by the modern SK F-16s 5:1, and fewer in number to SK F-15s by nearly 2:1
>34 modern ground attack planes that would never make it to their targets due to American/SK air superiority
>this is assuming any of these planes can get off the ground due to parts and fuel shortages, or have competent pilots to even use the modern aircraft to any effectiveness
NK might have the numbers over the SK in the air, but that's only against SK and not including the America air force units stationed in SK and japan. Plus the SK air force massively outnumbers them with modern aircraft that can wipe the floor with older aircraft.

Navy:
>navy has a dozen WWII-era frigates and corvettes combined, in comparison SK has a dozen of each modern type plus a dozen modern destroyers and a light carrier
>submarines akin to WWI (yes, ONE) U-boats
>200+ ancient patrol and torpedo boats
Just like the air force, NK has way more junk, but are heavily outnumbered in things that matter (modern missile frigates) which can devastate massive numbers of older craft.
>>
>>28855
Excellent post. Thanks for the info.

North Korea isn't going to attack anyone. They may be stupid, but they're certainly self-aware enough to realize that their regime would be annihilated if they tried to actually attack any other states. Even if they could somehow manage to land a substantial hit somewhere, they would be overwhelmed by the firepower from the rest of the world in short order.

At this point, the best interests of the regime are to keep themselves isolated, while pestering the world with minor annoyances to fuel their propaganda machine.
>>
>>28833
I'm pretty sure if you take out their leader, the army will realize they have no direction and NK will literally end up fighting itself in anarchy
>>
How funny would it be if we just nuked the shit out of them to show them what a REAL nuclear power is capable of? My sides would be in orbit, along with a separation stage or two of our ICBMs.
>>
Do the North Koreans understand the implications of a "...preemptive and offensive nuclear strike". Is civilization that overrated?
If cnn's statement is true and in context, this is effectively a declaration of war.
>>
To bad they can never do it, I was in the Air Force for 16 years and worked on a project called air born lazer, the second they launch it a plane can shoot it down 100% go fuck yourself Un rofl
>>
Im in South Korea right now, I hope they bomb me ASAP
>>
>>28679
Kim is so cute, I love when he does his little photo shoots with all the generals and they have to act like they like him
>>
>>28804
> He's more likely to die of cancer from exposing his micropenis to the uranium.
C'mon don't make me feel sorry for Kim Jong Un now!
>>
>>28833
Bullshit! China has the largest standing army in the world. Then it's US, India and trailing behind is the Norks.
>>
>>28957
> India
Are they all looking for the loo?
>>
>>28974
>> India
>Are they all looking for the loo?

No, they are trying to agree on the new designated shitting street.
>>
>>28704
Hahaha, Jesus.

Tell me you know it doesn't work like that.
>>
>>29045
Worst bait of the millenium
>>
>>28679
>North Korean Hydrogen Bomb Wipes Out Manhattan
I woke up to this.
You fucking startled me.
kek
>>
Someone must have shown him that sinful sex and the city show.
>>
>>28681

THIS. North Korea only pulls this showboating crap when they need to negotiate for something.
>>
>>28805
Well China is a strong supporter of NK, I'm not entirely sure how far their alliance would go in terms of the US invading their ally. But it is something to keep in mind. The backlash from them could be a big deal.
>>
Somebody set us uppu the bomb-aru
>>
Could you imagine if the US or Russia bragged about every city sized bomb they claimed to have? Better yet, direct every announcement towards NK. "the US commissions several new age nuclear class carriers. Looking at you, NK."
>>
>>28679
I, for one, welcome our new NK overlords.

ALL HAIL DEAR LEADER
>>
Doesn't NK realize we put the most inept, corrupt and criminal elements of our society in D.C

nuking DC would be beneficial to America as a whole

I always cheer when Aliens destroy it in movies.. "Hoorah! they fell for our trick!
>>
I hope they hit detroit to many niggers there
>>
NK would have alot of balls it do it. but they are all talk and no game. Why? Because simply how the fuck have they been geting food? by emergency rationalizations from the UN,

So if they bomb on of the worlds power centers, then they get no food.

They are like a dog barking, but that will lick you to death
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.