[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
West Virginia Woman Acquitted for Stepping Between Dog and Cop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1
File: 1451855057920.jpg (98 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1451855057920.jpg
98 KB, 620x349
A West Virginia woman who stood between her dog and a cop who was about to shoot it was acquitted by a jury of obstruction charges on February, 29th, 2016.

West Virginia state trooper Seth Cook testified that he was not afraid of the dog, but was following training that required him to kill all dogs that approach him, even if it was chained and wagging its tail as Buddy was doing in this case.

And because Tiffanie Hupp tried to stop him from doing so, she was arrested.

Hupp, 23, and mother of two, told Photography is Not a Crime that the cops weren’t even called to her family’s property in Parkersburg for a dispute involving a dog on May 9, 2015.

Instead, they were there to mediate a tiff between her stepfather-in-law and his neighbor.

In fact, they were the ones that called police in the first place.

Cook had just talked to her neighbor’s and had stepped onto her family’s property when Buddy began barking and approaching the officer, reaching the end of its chain.

That’s when Hupp’s husband, Ryan Hupp, 25, began recording.

“If it wasn’t for him recording, there’d be nothing,” Hupp said.

“He knew about police brutaty before I did. But that’s why the camera is shaking, because of the adrenaline. When they read those words ‘not guilty’, we were relieved. It’s hard to describe the feeling unless it’s actually happening to you. Justice is good, though.”

As Buddy approached and began barking at Cook, he pulled out his gun on the dog. And that’s when Hupp stood between the two.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/03/07/west-virginia-woman-acquitted-for-stepping-between-dog-and-cop-who-wanted-to-kill-it/
>>
>>27503
Jesus fucking christ what a sociopath that cop is
>>
>>27503
>West Virginia state trooper Seth Cook testified that he was not afraid of the dog, but was following training that required him to kill all dogs that approach him
West Virginia in Iran right?
>>
>>27503
I don't usually hate cops but I hope he gets his head caved in
>>
>>27503
>West Virginia state trooper Seth Cook testified that he was not afraid of the dog, but was following training that required him to kill all dogs that approach him
Jesus fucking Christ, why would you need to kill every approaching dog?
Does that include some chihuahua running up to you happily?
>>
>>27527
Shoot first, ask questions later. Even for pets.
>>
>>27528
Yeah, I guess so. That's America for you.
>>
>>27527
I don't know if that's exactly how the Police Skills and Tactics training guys at the academy would have recalled the training.
>>
>>27527
>chihuahua running up to you happily
>chihuahua
>happily
this has never happened.
>>
>>27534
Chihuahuas are best dogs nigger and they are cute when happy
>>
>>27514
What was the point of that "joke?"
>>
Im from WV, this happened forever ago
Im glad she got off though
Our cops are really shit, and im saying this as the grandson of a retired Police Chief for one of our larger cities. Half the local force in a nearby town went to prison a couple years ago for stealing pills from senile old ladies under the guise of "investigations"
And I know of several that got into a world of shit for drunkenly drawing their gun at bars when off duty for minor shit like being bumped into
Back in the 60s grandad jumped in front of bullets to protect people, took several to the chest near the heart and almost died. He STILL didnt shoot the crook because the justice of the court is what he believed in, he just tackled the motherfucker. Modern cops are pussies who will fire at the slightest scare its pathetic.
>>
Cop kill my dog on my property, there would be a dead cop and a dead dog.
>>
>>27503
Where is the video?
Why is the cop holding his gun sideways like a gangster?
Why are cops allowed to use dogs as beasts of war that are legally treated like actual people cops if harmed, while also being trained to go around killing people's dogs immediately?
>>
>>27555
I saw the video months ago. Dude he fucking picks her up and slams her on the ground and does the same to another person if I recall correctly. Cops a fucking jackass
>>
>>27503
>policeman tries to kill your dog
>"Th-thank you for not arresting me, justice has been served!"
Why does this cop still have a job?
>>
>>27503
This girl has more balls than me.
>>
>>27568
Because West Virginia. Here if you have a connection to Italian families that dominate local business & politics you can get away with just about anything. Knew a Tally retired cop who was connected to a missing police owned assault rifle. This particular gun later turned up as a murder weapon several states away. They were selling guns on the black market on the side. This ringleader got off scott free because 70-some is "too old" to punish, and his name ends in a vowel.
These shady Italians have mob connections and coal company collections, I guarantee this cop knows somebody or is related to somebody. They lord over us in the one nice town they built in the whole state and snobbishly thumb their noses at us for being poor and not as fake-religious.
>>
>>27554
This tbqh fam
Fuck up my dog and I'll fuck you up
>>
>>27503
what a fucking faggot cop
>>
>>27570
Italians own WV? I've never heard of this before. How did that happen?
>>
>>27503
Why the fuck is it training to shoot any approaching dog? Cops should at least have brains enough to judge whether an approaching dog is a legit threat or not.
>>
>>27503

What the fuck. I'm a delivery driver, so I frequently encounter homeowners with dogs. If I went around shooting their dogs on their own property because they approached me, I'd be arrested and lose my job. Why is 'police training' an acceptable excuse to commit illegal actions?
>>
>>27594
Mobsters looking for out of the way places.

This isn't new. They expanded during the prohibition due to moonshine and decided to stay.
Lots of mafia families that just stayed local instead of giving back to Cosa Nostra.
>>
Well I'm glad she was acquitted. I think most cops are pretty cool about dogs. Obviously this cop needs some lessons in common sense. I don't think many states support that law. Shoot an approaching happy dog...that's nuts.
>>
>>27597
Huh, I guess that makes sense when you put it that way. Thanks.
>>
>>27542
So, like, never
>>
>>27503
>cop
>the cops
>brutaty
5* blog
>>
>>27600
For you
>>
>West Virginia state trooper Seth Cook testified that he was not afraid of the dog, but was following training that required him to kill all dogs that approach him, even if it was chained and wagging its tail as Buddy was doing in this case.
holy fuck seriously?
that's hilarious
>>
>>27649
I've met happy ankle biters but never an inbred one.

>>27553
I think that has come from our current culture of entitlement. Parents who spoiled their spawn do nothing to help with the situation. The over sensitive flesh-bag grows up thinking everything will be handed to them with a "Please" and "Thank yous", and that when denied, you should throw a fit until things resolve in your favor. When they do, demand for more. It's easy for me to see how an insecure meat sack would clamor for a weapon that is extremely simple to use and effective.
>>
>>27503
If he was legally required to kill the dog, why the hell did she get acquitted. I mean, sure. The law about that probably needs to be amended but fuck, this sets a bad precedent for breaking the law
>>
>>27697
it simply cant be the case that a police officer must always kill any dog that comes up to it. the officer is a psychopath, probably hears voices in his head. jesus christ this is the worst cop story ive heard in this decade, even though no one died, its just so pathological and perverted. I would not shed a tear if this cop is killed.
>>
>>27529
Say something constructive instead of defensive and petty.
On one hand I can see cops having to use their pistols against a dog that was never trained and used for dog fights,
But I will agree that American cops are told to used their gun more often then not, you try living in America next to ghettos and "hood life" see how much you love red guards and having no gun:
The police need more training and situational awareness however dogs bites can effectively end your career what with biting and tearing your legimenits and the average do can bite your upper thigh with all your important large veins. If you don't know why a dog that's medium sized is dangerous when biting you need to look at Google videos or witness two dogs actually trying to kill each other.
>>
>>27553
God damn American hero your grandfather.
This is what we need more men becoming upstanding cops.
Not grown men who treat their job like legal good fellas.
>>
>>27755
Are you that scared of a dog?! Really?
>see attacking dog
>get dog to bite forearm
>lift light dog up
or
>throw/pull heavy dog
>pin to ground

Yes the bite will hurt and yes you will bleed but You will be in control of the fight, unless you don't know what to do from there... then I guess you're pretty fucked any which way because you don't know basic self defense. Most people don't own a guard dog for the reasons of high maintenance, expensive lawsuits, and that they're not cowards. Most dogs won't know what to do when combating a human.
>>
>>27503
Its nice that she didnt go to jail for stopping the cop from killing her animal but that is not a result.

The cop is a psycho. He should be fired.
>>
>>27755
>But I will agree that American cops are told to used their gun more often then not, you try living in America next to ghettos and "hood life" see how much you love red guards and having no gun:

This happens everywhere. I almost had a gun pulled on me for pulling up to a blocked road "too fast", despite the fact the cop was parked on the side of the road and it was not remotely clear he was blocking it. For someone that only has to sit in his car and jerk off for the night shift he was way too aggressive. Its not that big of a run in with the police but I totally got the criticisms about cops after. Its easy to see how that mentality leads to excessive force and unwarranted shootings, and this is just in the suburbs with virtually no violent crime
>>
>>27758
>eating a bite instead of making them eat a bullet

The cop had no good reason to do it to a dog that was unlikely to attack, but come on. In a real attack I'd pull out the gun. You can get bitten if you want.
>>
>>27784
That's to assume you are far enough away to pull your weapon... or that, if you are bit, you maintain an upright position and can shoot the dog. You are more than likely not going to see the attack coming that far in advance.
>>
dog > human
kek
>>
>>27779
>>27699
>was following training that required him to kill all dogs that approach him, even if it was chained and wagging its tail

What's with all you fags calling this hero a psycho.

This is standard protocol for hamburger cops.
>>
>>27756
My dad has the gun he was shot with and some of the bullets removed. Dont know much about different kinds of guns but its a small silver mini-revolver designed to be concealed, almost no barrel at all. One bullet was never removed until his death years later because it was too dangerous, practically hugging up against his heart
>>
>>27856
So that means an officer is required to shoot all dogs moving towards the officer since that would be "approaching," even Trained K9 units and drug dogs... Your edges are sharp man.
>>
>>27877
Those aren't legally dogs, they are fellow officers.
>>
>>27878
>legally dogs are officers
>With tax benefits, retirement, vacation and sick leave, dental and eye coverage, get put on desk duty, complain about other officers, get a raise, be fired, be promoted with equal opportunities, be written up for pooing in the shoe, pay for coffee and donuts this week, get to shoot homeless people, drive the cop cruisers, respond to domestic abuse by eating their pet hamster(muh protocol).

Yeah, they just want to pound ya with felonies for killing their pet and get away with massacring yours. They aren't officers. I'll even go further and say a majority of officers today aren't either.
>>
i kind of wish a copwould shoot some of my dogs cause my mom is an animal horder and we have too many
>>
>>27699

Cop here, you definitely aren't "required" to shoot any dog approaching you, that is insane.

So many things wrong with this story, the guy even committed perjury by claiming she had a crossbow. That is a really odd lie.
>>
>be american animal
>get shot
>>
>>27529
Except no it's not. Is Europe tea and crumpets and knifes? Is Iraq towel heads with bombs riding camels

Stereotypes you dumb fuck. You're on news, honestly I expect better than this.

Please, go ahead hurt durr le trolle
>>
>>27856
I live in central US, this is bullshit. No cop is trained to shoot your dog. This guy is literally insane look at the video
>>
>>27503
All you guys who hate the individual cops that do this your anger is misplaced. These actions are trained and condoned by their police departments. This isn't a "muh West Virginia rednecks" problem. It's happening all over the U.S.
>>
>>27595
It's both good and bad. On the one hand, you're trusting cops to make good decisions. On the other hand, you're trusting cops to make good decisions.

By making a "zero-tolerance" rule, you're protecting yourself from making a wrong decision either way. The "shoot all dogs that approach you" policy is in place because the policy-makers can't or won't deal with the problems that may arise from spontaneous decisions by officers on the scene.

You'd think PDs would get the concept of public relations.
>>
>>27503
Ya know, I just read the article. It has some bias in it. Quite a bit actually and the website seems to be dedicated to police stories involving misuse.
>>
>>27569
That's because if she wasn't a cute girl she'd be getting clubbed retarded.
>>
>>27511
That's just how they're trained.
>>
>>27553
>Modern cops are pussies who will fire at the slightest scare its pathetic.

Son of a Sheriff here, you're spot on.

The War on Drugs is what militarized the police, and now the police are being Federalized which is even worse. Next stop, police state!
>>
>>27697
Actually, you're supposed to break the law when it's evil.

That's called having moral courage, you're actually supposed to die if necessary, for what's right.

Crazy, huh?
>>
>>27534
lel

this

t. owner of a pomeranian

fucking hate these shit breeds
>>
>>28498
train them to kill man's best friend first and killing people is a lot easier
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.