[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OJ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 0
http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/06/knife-found-in-the-house-where-oj-simpsons-wife-was-murdered-5736500/ I don't understand American law. If the knife is covered in DNA and they can 100% prove this is the knife and he did it, nothing can be done? Can't he be put to trial for hiding evidence on an ongoing investigation and obstruction of the case?
>>
>>27294
double jeopardy
>>
>>27344
This means he cannot be tried for the same thing twice as far as I recall.

Personally I think it's bullshit because it's either the evidence that was missing, or someone is planning to lock him away for good once parole comes up.
>>
Double Jeopardy keeps someone from being tried for the same thing twice. But all you have to do is bring up a new charge. Like you said, obstruction of justice, or conspiracy can still be charged against him if wasn't charged for it before.
>>
>>27294
he was already thrown in jail for 30 years for robbery.
>>
He deserves to go free if only because of the shitty prosecution done the first time around. This knife has already been ruled out, but if they did find something they could try something sneaky like prosecuting on civil rights charges or suing him again.
>>
>>27344
Oh wow, you know the title, you must be so smart.
>>
>>27349
On what evidence would these charges be brought?

An old knife?
>>
>>27485
Finding a possible murder weapon years after the fact is a pretty big deal in any case. That said, this might just be a PR stunt for the OJ miniseries that is concurrently airing on the FX network.
>>
>>27488
>Finding a possible murder weapon years after the fact is a pretty big deal in any case
We don't have any evidence to that effect. It's just an old knife, and an incompetent old police officer.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.