[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (492 KB, 1001x543) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
492 KB, 1001x543
Yesterday Russia announced they would be conducting a ICBM drill via there submarines, two to be exact. Not before I go further, the most ICBM's ever launched at once are 2 from the USA I believe they were Ohio's. Russia is planning on launching all 16 ICBM's from a single Submarine. Let the sink in. This very extremely out of the ordinary for Russia to do something this fucking insane.

I'm not trying to scare anyone because this could just be a drill. But please keep this news is the back of your mind knowing some day shit will boil over. Ill finish this off with some links I've found.

Stay safe anons.

http://www.defconwarningsystem.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4480

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160302/1035660040/russia-submarine-missile.html

Please bump this post or could an admin sticky this post please.
>>
>>26738
It's been happening a lot on both sides lately, no cause for concern. The nuclear stockpiles of all the nuclear powers are aging rapidly and there isn't a lot of R&D money spent on new designs.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/communities/ellsworth/minot-tests-minuteman-iii-with-launch-from-vandenberg-afb/article_c5b501fe-69bd-5c21-9e0e-38cf247c3e86.html

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/02/26/vandenberg-minuteman-3-nuclear-missile-launch/
>>
So will they be actually testing these? Or just the subs themselves?
>>
Also it is probably just russia flexing.
>>
its just russian showboat to try distract people from the fact that russian SSBNs rarely put to sea compared with NATO counterparts and that the russians haven't had regular deterence patrols since the 80s
>>
>>26738
Is this the happening everyone is talking about?
>>
>>26742
This.

They're (they, being the DoD) are making sure what they skurr'd JFK into still works.

The Russians haven't spent shit since the 80s.
>>
/k/ here, Russia is in the process of designing and building a new class of SSBN, so it makes sense that they would be conducting tests such of these. No need for panic
>>
>>26766
The Russians and The Yanks are due to downsize to a smaller modern arsenal but have been putting it off for decades. Neither can afford to atm both need to make sure current tech will fire off next gen weapons platforms.
>>
Lol. I'm sit in Russia and not worried.
>>
Last I checked the Russians were more than happy to just leave the rest of the world alone now that they have what they wanted in Ukraine
>>
>>26937
>the soothing balm of /k/alm
>>
>>26738
I interpret Russian saber rattling as a jeopardized authority's cynical attempt to rally domestic political support. The only thing the the Russian government has to fear is its own people.

If the test is a success and valid. (something no one here can know) It would be the case that Russia's Sub-based ICBMs are not a 'hollow force,' it is still not necessarily the case that the Russian government is anything more than a washed-up resource state, teetering on collapse.

I would be disappointed in NATO if they weren't doing drills to take control of the same weapons systems after the inevitable revolution.
>>
>>27027
This guy gets it.

Russia trying to keep up with North Korea for 'Nation most capable of wasting taxpayer money for no tangible gain' is not a sign of strength or intent to initiate war. The world is already well aware, as it has been demonstrated that Russian missile technology can reach anywhere in the world. Soyuz and Proton are are still in use, and Russian debris has littered Venus and Luna already.

This 'test' is however an invitation to start a war. Unfortunately it is their own people that are most likely to take them up the offer. Ukraine has still not settled, and the eastern bloc's continued drift toward the right coupled with Brexit paranoia has served to help sustain the superannuated Russian tyranny. Tweaking the nose of America before the UN re similarities to the unilateral Iraq invasion has also done much to keep Russian nationals in line. Even France wanted a piece of the spit in America's eye pie when they proposed lifting sanctions on Iran.

It remains to be seen however whether the nation will once again fall into obscurity once the 63 year old Putin passes away. To the best of my knowledge no competent leadership exists to catch Russia once their 'little father' goes the way of all flesh.
>>
>>27056
I feel sorry for whoever inherits Putin's throne. He rules with an iron fist, and has used propaganda to win over a lot of followers, but it really seems that Russia will enter a steep, long Depression due to his interventionist and short sighted policies. Everything he has done has destroyed industry after industry and the human rights abuses are still off the chart.
>>
Just a hunch but I believe Russia is testing their second strike capability in a advent of nuclear exchange. Especially with these rolling in.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/03/05/us-sending-nuclear-capable-b-52-bombers-to-isis-fight.html

And with India now possessing second strike capability, they are saber rattling hardcore style against Pakistan

http://www.theworldweekly.com/reader/view/magazine/2016-03-03/india-completes-the-nuclear-triad-turning-south-asias-strategic-equation-on-its-head/6971
>>
>>27118
>fox news
>muh foreign policy paranoia dollars

Second strike is the same as first strike as it is predicated on the former and no one earthbound will survive the first strike. Diplomacy ensures that result. Any nuclear exchange will be the final nuclear exchange.

It is an immaterial advancement with no strategic value either to the nation or to the world. Only public relations can gain capital on this news and marketeers have literally sold poison for generations to the uninformed.

Neither Russia, nor China, nor India, nor Pakistan, are islands unto themselves. Each lives inside a network of alliances and fail-safes, some friendly, others born of paranoia. I promise you, no nuclear exchange either in the Asiatic regions, or anywhere in the world will go unanswered by some retaliatory strike by another nuclear power as the bottom of the world falls out from under us all.

If a nation suddenly starts flaunting the fact that it is bankrupting itself on bomb-shelters, or a moon base, or a space station, then you can worry about nuclear war and sabre rattling. Because only in that scenario is the nation in question planning on surviving it.
>>
Cool, whatever.
>>
>>26738
both very questionable sources. new this big would be on every major network.
>>
>>27058
> Putin has destroyed industry after industry
keked
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.