[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Republicans continue to shatter voter turnout records
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 1
File: trump3.jpg (75 KB, 578x388) Image search: [Google]
trump3.jpg
75 KB, 578x388
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/1/donald-trump-drives-republican-turnout-to-record-d/

>Republicans continued to shatter turnout records in their presidential primaries and caucuses Tuesday
>Virginia’s GOP primary tallied more than 1 million votes, shattering the record set in 2000 by more than 50 percent
>Donald Trump said he’s the chief reason for the shifts in both parties, saying he’s drawn Democrats and independents into the Republican process
>By contrast Democrats’ turnout is down 25 percent compared to their record-setting 2008 campaign
>>
I'm sure he paid them.

Remember that meme?
>>
I remember the low turnout = Republican win meme.

Ah salty tears.
>>
>>26542
Maybe I am misreading this, but are you confused about how primaries work?
>>
>>26546
AH SALTY TEARS
>>
>>26549
>confused child
>>
>>26542
Trump will have to tackle Hill and Bernie in the primary when he becomes VP.

Wonder who Trump will pick as his.
>>
Easily explained: Trump supporters want to secure their meme's place whereas Democrats know Hillary is the candidate whether they vote or not.

This isn't a mystery, and hardly any news agency needs to tell us it.
>>
This is why democracy should be banned.
There is no point if the people won't make the right choice. Crafty demagogues or not this is simply unacceptable in the 21st century.
>>
>>26578
Every candidate is a demagogue
>>
>>26578
Politicians = demagogue

Well that's how it usually goes
>>
>>26578
It's not like Trump can possibly be any LESS qualified than the other candidates.
>>
Why does anyone take Trump seriously? Hilary and Bernie are similar but at least Bernie is extremely genuine about it and Hilary is playing catch up.

Perhaps it's because I'm Canadian but it really seems like republicans are really evil. All of the republican front runners are clearly looking to undo any secularity held and are just backwards in how the world works.

Really upsets me, especially after seeing how Donald flip flops about the KKK thing. They are a society who lynches people and burns crosses on lawns. To not disavow them immediately is a clear sign of not wanting to alienate that "crazy" vote demographic because that's all he seems to be riding on.
>>
>>26585
Given that you haven't read or heard a single policy, statement, or idea Trump holds or has advocated that hasn't been filtered through the lens of propaganda put out by corporate financiers desperately trying to keep him from hurting their profits and control over American society, I urge you to not babble about things you quite literally do not understand in the slightest.
>>
>>26586

How did that red pill taste? That's hilarious you would say that, look at any news source right now and look at the headlines.

Bernie is at the bottom!
>>
>>26586

And you didn't even attempt an answer. Just blame the media and obfuscate the question. You must be a Trump fan.
>>
>>26585
>They are a society who lynches people and burns crosses on lawns
Your information is fifty years out of date.
>>
>>26582
Having administrative exp is a plus when you have the most important administrative office in the world at hand. Any monkey can be thrown in CoS or VP to be the inbetween to Trump and the workings of congress. Newt seems like obvious given that he's become Trump friendly.

Also Trumps not flipflopping on the KKK thing. He said he disavowed. The interesting thing is that will be the extent of it. Spoken or not there are people that see him as the white hope. Whether he says more or not he wants to alianate them enough to not have them taint his odds and not alianate them enough to not vote. Which given a Clinton run they'll flock to him regardless.

Trumps going to attract massive numbers and will win or lose because of it. It's a beautiful thing.
>>
>>26585
>I'm Canadian
Compare Trumps and Bernies ideas. Bernie want to do too much, most of which cannot be done in 10 years, let alone 8. He's riding on the crazy liberal idealistic vote.
Trump is condensed, with few issues, which gives him a much higher chance of not hugely disappointing his voter base.

Just because you're Canadian and all you have to choose between is Cuck 1 and Cuck 2, doesn't mean you can butt in with your brainwashed bullshit.
>>
>>26533
Trump supporters are institutionally invasive and destroying Republican habitat. The tallies of killed, captured, and wounded in a divisive primary war are too parochial to reflect general election resolve or common policy aspirations.

It may be the case the Trump will win his party purge and grow his support in to a formidable base in time, but not in the range of the general election or his productive life (70 years old). For this year the party will be easy pickings for Democrats, and worse, by virtue of the parochial, offensive, and irreconcilable demands of accommodation by the current Trump supporters, Democrats will have a strong political mandate and partisan incentive to punish what's left of the Republican party.

Hillary even has an opportunity to further fracture the party by reaching out to the anti-Trump republicans. If, for example, she were to take a fiscal conservative in the vein of Leon Panetta as her VP pick then I don't think the Republican party could ever recover.
>>
>>26585
>All of the republican front runners are clearly looking to undo any secularity held and are just backwards in how the world works
Then you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Cruz and Rubio, sure, but Trump is incredibly secular.
>>
>>26609
>For this year the party will be easy pickings for Democrats
Yeah, if Sanders was the nominee.
But it's Hillary "All I do is Scandals" Clinton.
Trump's going to tear her apart
>>
>>26533
nah
>>
>>26609
>If, for example, she were to take a fiscal conservative in the vein of Leon Panetta as her VP pick then I don't think the Republican party could ever recover.
Pipe dreams. Sanders is not leaving and she not being able to have already knocked him out means he's guaranteed VP. Nothing short of that would get his base behind her.
>>
Honestly, Trump isn't a stupid man. He knows how to game the populace and keep himself fresh in their minds through the power of subtle hypnosis and social engineering. He will undoubtedly become the new president.
>>
>>26624
Trump has scandals and failures of his own, but going toe to toe along those lines will make Trump appear like an unpresidental thug. Clinton would need only get 4 or 5 stock responses to cover all of the typical Trump plays and, could then spend the other 90% of the time speaking directly to the adults.

>>26626
>Sanders is guaranteed VP
lol no. Sanders supporters will come around without him. Trump is a domestic security hawk and a plutocrat. His net political capital compared with Clinton's is like Trump's net wealth next to Warren Buffet.
>>
>>26625
>Maybe if I disagree with reality it'll go away
>>
>>26652

Nothing Trump does will be as unpresidential as Hillary getting indicted in the next few months. Also her scandals are much deeper and much worse than anything the Teflon Don is rolling with. No one gives a shit if he shagged a secretary compared to Bill Clinton's rapes and the massive corruption of Team Clinton.

> Bernie is more likely to be Trump's VP than Clinton's VP pick.
> YFW Bernie becomes Preznit when Trump resigns in boredom.
> MFW TrumpSanders puts Hillary behind bars on every single count of mishandling classified information.

8)
>>
>>26636
Probably. Let's just hope he also knows what he's doing when it comes to actually leading the country.
>>
>>26655
>Outgoing Obama endorses Hillary with a pardon for the email. Then does the same for Powell.
Solved.
>>
>>26655
oh, and btw
Trump lied when he said he didn't know David Duke. He will have sketchy shit in his tax returns. Any time now he will be most vulnerable to informants from his present and past trying to hit him at his peak and after they know his net worth. & etc.
>>
>>26661
>going full Nixon
Yea right. Theres over a hundred fbi personnel working on this right now. The charge will come, if the Dems let it happen, prior to the convention.
>sanders peeps will come around
If no charges, some will flip, Clintons a political chameleon. Adopting sanders ideas and mirroring Trump. Pretty damn nasty. But bernies nuts have dropped so far he can't find them and shit on her chest. Really sad.
>>
>>26533
nah
>>
>>26661
>how to end Hillary's chances and his legacy in just one easy step
>>
>>26668
>going full Nixon
Ford did the pardon and it was for something with far more substance.

>>26673
>Obama's legacy
He's a fucking Nobel Laurent and a Black President. The elementary school text books and the democratic base aren't going to talk about him not renewing SOFA or notionally pardoning the first woman president and one of his former appointees.
>>
>>26585
Here's a video of Trump, from 2000, where he calls out the KKK member who endorsed him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPmWu-zMCOc

That was 16 fucking years ago.

Racism was literally the reason Trump stopped his campaign with the Reform Party. But of course you didn't know that, because you don't want to know the truth, you just want information that fits your narrative.
>>
>>26721
As far back as the 90s
>>
>>26721

To be fair he's been pretty racist towards Mexicans.

Do you really want to defend this man? He's a baboon.
>>
>>26765
how?
>>
>>26765
>To be fair he's been pretty racist towards Mexicans.
How so? Could you post an example of him being prejudiced against Mexicans?
>>
>>26765
How? By stating facts? Mexicans are taking our jobs by stealing factories that would have been built in America. Are you going to tell me Mexicans don't traffic drugs to the state? Are you going to tell me they don't come here illegally? I'm Cuban, I got into this county because of backward ass rules that let Cubans become American citizens if they touch land. But if I had the misfortune of being born in Hati they would have shot me down in my boat. Is that justice? Is that fair immigration? Build that wall next to Mexico then build another wall around the Florida coast.
>>
>>26769
They are stealing?
Damn. Someone should call the cops.
Mexicans are going across the border. Kidnapping those poor factories, And then force them to operate down south.
Somwbody stop this.
>>
>>26774
The way they devalue and manipulate their currency is very damaging to our economy, it's created a huge trade deficit.
>>
>>26775
>devalue
>currency
>trade deficit
Don't use these tough words with someone who thinks stating facts is racist.
>>
>>26775
And because of that deficit factories are going down south?
Thought that was because of NAFTA
>>
So this is how it ends. Nuclear annihilation by a walking meme.
>>
because dems are voting for trump...because, well he is a democrat.
Thing is, when its trump vs hillary they wont.
>>
>>26783
>guy who was against going in in Iraq and wants to be neutral in Israel-Palestine conflict
>a danger bigger than Ted "Just nuke those arabs up" Cruz and Hillary "I'm all for that coup shit" Clinton
>>
>>26775

So all countries with a currency valued lower than the dollar are stealing from america now?

Ok
>>
>>26815
No, countries that are purposefully aiming it to turn out a bigger profit at an expense of other countries are.
>>
>>26542
That meme is still somewhat consistent if you consider Trump an independent instead of a Republican. Take him out and it stand true. His mass populism has drawn a lot of new voters in.
>>
>>26827
Ofcourse Trump is an "independent", since that gay sausage fest of cuckservatives are not really republicans.
>>
>>26604
I doubt you've ever worked in the government world, but it's completely different than the business/civilian world. There are different dynamics powering how you structure personnel and prioritize profit.

Government =/= business

As much as you want to compare the two structures, experience managing people in one does not transfer over to the other. He also has to represent the entire US now, not just customers who like him and financial backers which seek to exploit him. His far right wing authoritarianism will splinter society.
>>
>>26585
Hillary and Bernie may seem similar at the moment, because she's pandering for his votes, but come the general election, she will begin appealing to moderate voters and you'll see her true colors and policies. Hillary is much more Conservative than many give her credit for. She's a War Hawk and other than the few social issues that she's progressive on, she's actually quite right leaning. Her biggest accomplishment will likely be getting into the white house. After that, I doubt she'll do much decent reform, and I think she'll just be keeping the seat warm.

>Republicans evil
This is how the vast majority of the world sees it. But they appeal to some conservative values which the middle-age voter base really wants to cling to, due to being uncertain about how they'll fit into a progressive agenda and they don't see any way out due to misunderstanding policy in general.
>>
>>26769
>not granting Cubans immunity
Cuba has such a small population and they were being ruled by a horrible dictator that destroyed much of the country as you know. It would be immoral to not grant escapees refuge seeing as there's little downside for us and it helped destabilize the dictator's power.

>Mexicans and drugs
The VAST majority of drugs entering the US don't come from Mexico, but rather the rest of Central and South America where the climate is better suited to grow them. Estimates gauge that 80% of all illegal immigration from Central/Southern America (including Mexico) comes by boat, not by land. Statistics also show that Hispanic immigrants (illegal and legal) are half as likely to commit any sort of violent crime.
>>
>>26765
'Mexican' is a nationality not a race you dumbfuck.
>>
>>26843
True. However his demagoguery and pandering towards Mexican immigrants being criminals leads many people to judge all of the Hispanic immigrants as Mexican rapists/thieves. This creates a racist divide.
>>
>>26832

What a fun election we will hvae the former young republican running for as the democratic candidate and the former democrat running as the republican canddiate.
>>
>>26851
Whereas I disagree completely with your comment it is beside the point. Trump who you are calling 'racist' is not. His followers are individuals. Your own words show that Trump is not racist...the actions of his followers are.
>but trump needs to be responsible for his followers

he has publicly decried racism and made clear his position based on nationality and economy. What your followers do with their own agendas is not his fault and you cannot call him racist for that.
>>
>>26862
>Not understanding pandering
Of course he decries racism in certain cases. In fact I honestly doubt he has any racist ideas in his head. However, the key is that his policies will lead towards anti-Mexican sentiment and actual racist divides. I believe he personally knows that a large portion of his voter base is openly/closet racist and he just doesn't want to alienate them.

This is morally and ethically irresponsible. Racist voters may help power him to the top, but by not pursuing policies that will discourage nativist/racist sentiment he has a racist effect on his voters who listen to him.

Also he says that the Mexican government is sending us Mexican murderers/rapists. This is not how any of this works and is completely wrong. No government is sending people anywhere. It's a complete scapegoat.
>>
>>26868
>Implying knowing that the Cartel basically own the Mexican government
>Implying that the Cartel isn't full of murderers/rapists
>Implying the Cartel does not do business in America, and that the Mexican government knows about it, and does nothing about it
>Implying
>>
>>26868
So you are completely dodging the fact that you were incorrect when you called HIM racist.
>>
>>26868
Yes, he is a shrewd and intelligent politician and strategist.
>>
>>26868
>interchanging nativist/racist/mexican/nationalities

Do you even know wtf you are talking about or what the words you say mean?
>>
>>26877
this anon >>26765 wasn't me calling him racist, but it doesn't matter.
Tell me the difference between being racist and doing racist things.

>>26876
I haven't even heard Donald mention the Cartels yet. If he has, it's not a part of his argument. Besides, refer to >>26842
>The VAST majority of drugs entering the US don't come from Mexico, but rather the rest of Central and South America where the climate is better suited to grow them. Estimates gauge that 80% of all illegal immigration from Central/Southern America (including Mexico) comes by boat, not by land. Statistics also show that Hispanic immigrants (illegal and legal) are half as likely to commit any sort of violent crime.

Mexico is a scapegoat here. It's the rest of Central and South America that we have to worry about. If you want more info, look into the Nicaraguan Contra affair and similar issues from the 60's-90's to understand how the other countries play WAY more into this than Mexico does. Most drugs come disguised into shipping containers from businesses in major ports, not random immigrants with a one-way ticket. You move bigger volume this way.

>>26879
Keep up with the dialogue.
>>
>>26832

Thank you for a very non-/pol/ answer.

C'mon guys we're better than /pol/.

>>26769
>>26778

you oughta be ashamed, as with some of your Trump monkeys here.

Look at this objectively. Don't stoop to the red pill level.
>>
>>26888
Bump for intelligent discourse instead of turd throwing like /pol/. Hyperbole gets nothing done and keeps all sides from talking to each other.
>>
>>26901
I'm beginning to think that there's less well-informed people in here than I initially realized. Maybe more people will flock to here over time seeing as it's still a new board and the presidency as well as recession is soon-coming.
>>
>>26888
>thanks you a non-/pol/ answer
Aka it follows your liberal agenda.
It's fine that you think Democrats are better than Republicans. But don't expect to convince anyone you are right by having an air of superiority around your post and ideas as well.
>>
>>26910

>Aka it follows your liberal agenda.

That's not why it was a non-/pol/ answer. It's because his answer didn't use any strawman fallacies as a lot of people in this thread seem to be doing. Instead of just trying to be cool and edgy (we're anonymous no one cares how cool you are) try to present arguments clearly without attacking "the liberal enemies" because you just sound like an inbred red neck.
>>
>>26914
I have yet to meet any intelligent American Conservatives who don't believe in the "liberal media" meme. I think it's just a part of their ideology at this point and you kind of have to deal with them shouting it all the time.

One of the biggest reasons to dip into conservative media is to at least remind them that "they do it too," and to get a constant update on how they tend to (in my opinion) misinterpret events and research data.
>>
We all know the statistic that first-generation immigrants are less likely to commit crime. Makes sense; they risked their hide to move.

But what about second and third generation? I mean when you encourage people to reproduce once they come because it'll give them the right to stay, you're going to have a lot of kids, and those kids are bound to get into trouble.

Unless they're Asian, of course. We never hear anything about those immigrants.
>>
>>26585
>A FUCKING LEAF!
>>
>>26659
Well he lead a multi-billion $ company for several decades, I'm sure he can run a country full of drunks and Mormons for a few years.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.