[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hampshire school calls police after pupil looks at UKIP website
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: farage.jpg (29 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
farage.jpg
29 KB, 460x288
This feels like a fucking parody. What the fuck

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-35671519

School staff called police when a pupil looked at a UKIP website and an English Defence League video in class.

Mick Taylor said his 15-year-old son was asked by police whether he was a UKIP activist, and has described police action as inappropriate.

>The procedure left him feeling "like a terrorist", Mr Taylor added.

>Police said Wildern School in Hedge End, Hampshire, acted in line with safeguarding procedures. UKIP said: "We're certainly not extremists." Under the new counter terror act, staff at schools are asked to identify children who may be influenced by extremist material.

Why is there no outrage over this? Remember guys, if you support UK independence from the EU you are a potential terrorist, an extremist and a danger to public safety.
>>
>>25867
Britain was lost to madness a long time ago. It's not coming back without a literally apocalyptic event, if even then.
>>
I'm certainly glad this made the news. Hopefully being such a public embarrassment will deter this from happening again.

I'd also like to point out that the police have an obligation to attend to every call they get. So the real Muppets in this story are the people who genuinely felt like this was worthy of police time.
>>
>>25874
yep, it's part of the educational establishment now that anyone who doesn't conform to the pro-migrant, pro-multicultural agenda must be a le evil extremist. It's censorship right from the fucking cradle
>>
It's because of the inbreds, Welcome to 1984.
>>
>tfw had to check it wasn't April 1st
>>
>>25867
This could have easily been a couple of mates mucking around in class
>>
>>25867
>Look up website advocating freedom
>Almost go to jail

UKucks
>>
>>25867
>Hedge End, Hampshire

I don't know this specific place in Hampshire.
But usually these places are very white (as most black etc people are in the cities not rural area and smaller towns) and therefore more in line with ukip views.

I understand teachers getting concerned about some students. Keep an eye, but this really?

But what really gets me is the waste of police time and resources.
If its not going after some business for not serving a gay couple or
someone making a dumbass tweet. Then its some other stupid
pointless time wasting exercise.
>>
>>26055
actually, I'm Cornish and even though we're max rural every one of our six seats went to Torries

literal madness when that includes some of the poorest towns in the country like Redruth and Camborne
>>
>>25867
What the fuck is up with my country? You can get arrested for going on UKIP?
I looked at worst things on a school internet. This country's gotten weak.
Please nuke us so we grow a pair
>>
>>26102
we nuked japan and it turned them into anime making otaku so idk man which fate sounds worse
>>
>>25867
nah
>>
>>26113
Then we'll get more anime
It's win-win, unless you don't belong on this website
>>
>>26118
It's 2016 Anon-chama
>>
>>25867
I'm a teacher in the UK and if I saw a pupil looking at EDL stuff online I'd raise it with my CPO.
The focus on UKIP is retarded, the kid was looking at the EDL as well, if it was just UKIP it's not a concern but this is exactly the type of thing we're supposed to lookout for.
With that said the local authority involving the police is heavy handed as fuck and likely to swing the child in the opposite direction to what this kind of policy is supposed to prevent. The school leadership should have consulted someone in the local authority and then spoken to the child themselves. Retards.
Funnily enough I almost applied there about a month ago for a job.. kind of glad I didn't now.
>>
>>25867
>15 year old child questioned whether he is a political activist.
That's a piss take I ever heard one.
>>
>>26122
Fuck off normalfag.
>>
>>26157
>and if I saw a pupil looking at EDL stuff online I'd raise it with my CPO.
Fucking why? School is where kids are meant to explore all extremes of thought.

Man fuck you. You're not an educator, you're a gutless piece of shit following a script.
>>
>>26256
As much as I agree with you, I'd lose my job if I didn't and the kid said 'oh but sir didn't seem to mind' after someone else did.
I'm not being struck off over a kid seeking out inappropriate and downright retarded shit online. There's nothing to stop me showing an edl video in a classroom if it is framed in the interest of debate and gives appropriate moral teaching around the content. You're confusing education with propaganda and conditioning, and then accusing me of the latter.
Tl;dr fuck you you've no idea how a cohesive society functions
>>
>>26256
>thought
>EDL

There's your problem right there. The EDL aren't a vibrant source of provocative political ideas, they're a violent hate mob.
>>
>>26351
>appropriate moral teaching around the content.
If the kids can be banned for viewing the material in their own time it's clear any debate you'd have on it would be biased.

>>26352
People can learn from violent hate mobs, the reasons for their formation, the people they attract and the patterns they operate on. Shutting out avenues of inquiry because it offends your sheltered sensibilities is an anathema to the point of critical thinking in education.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.