[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pikachu’s voice actress talks about the challenges of playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1427819270100.png (65 KB, 790x672) Image search: [Google]
1427819270100.png
65 KB, 790x672
It’s not easy being Pika.

Considering that every word Pikachu has said in a Pokémon anime or video game over the last 20 or so years is some variation of the Pocket Monster’s own name, you might be surprised to know that the character has an actual voice actress, Ikue Otani. You might also be a little jealous that she gets to voice the adorable mascot of not just one, but two of Japan’s most popular entertainment franchises, as she’s also the voice actress for One Piece’s Tony Tony Chopper.

However, that’s not to say playing the role of Pikachu is a cushy job for Otani. “When I first started, people would make fun of me by saying ‘Lucky you-all you have to say is “Pika pika,”’” recalled Otani in an interview for Japan’s Yomiuri Shimbun earlier this month.

In actuality, though, her job is much more involved. Limited as Pikachu’s dialogue may be in terms of vocabulary, it’s not like Otani can just show up at the start of each new Pokémon installment and lay down a half-dozen sound clips to be mixed and matched for the rest of the season. Each time Pikachu speaks, he’s conveying a different emotion, which in turn requires a different delivery with a new recording.

You wouldn’t know that just from looking at the script, though. “All that the scripts have for my lines is something like ‘Pika Pikachu,’ but if I don’t thoroughly understand what Pikachu is trying to say, and plan out my performance accordingly, the proper feeling won’t come across to the audience at all,” Otani explained.

Otani also revealed that she’s a bit of a would-be Pokémon Master herself, as she enjoys playing the series’ video game chapters.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/02/25/pikachus-voice-actress-talks-about-the-challenges-of-playing-the-most-famous-pokemon-of-all/
>>
>>25725
nah
>>
MUH PIKA
>>
>>25725
SUN/MOON HYPE? WHO HERE /MOON/?
ALSO, IS IT GEN 6.5 OR 7?
>>
>>25733
tl;dr?!
>>
Does Nintendo employ dozens/hundreds of voice-actors for all the Pokemon?
>>
This isn't news, this is Tabloid drivel.
>>
>>25755
Dude it wasn't Danny Davito. What a loss.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.