[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vermont senate votes to nullify federal marijuana law
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 1
File: potleaf.jpg (15 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
potleaf.jpg
15 KB, 217x232
http://watchdog.org/257945/vermont-senate-nullify-federal-marijuana-law/

Degenerate Bolshevism strikes again.

Since only pot smokers think marijuana should be legal, this is a blatant infringement on the rights of drug-free people.
>>
>>25675
But it produces a bunch of money and can replace the jobs that robots are going to take .
>>
There is no such thing as a drug-free people. That is reversed freedom you commie. Faulty logic at its best here.
>>
>>25677

There's no excuse to legalize weed if it's not going to benefit those who don't smoke.
>>
>>25681
More tax money(taken from potheads) and less resources used to arrest, prosecute and imprison pot smokers certainly benefit people who themselves don't smoke. It's only a question of whether the downsides are greater than those benefits.
>>
>>25683

I say it is. I honestly can't think of one person who doesn't smoke weed that thinks legalizing it would be a good idea. There certainly couldn't be one like that on this site.
>>
>>25675
nah
>>
>>25686
Then you know a lot of people that don't understand how taxes work
>>
>>25675
>Since only pot smokers think marijuana should be legal
Baseless assumptions the post.

What Infringement are you even talking about?
>>
>>25690

It infringes on their right to live in a drug-free community and not have to breathe in secondhand dope smoke.

> Baseless assumptions the post

Can you prove it?
>>
>>25691
By drug-free community do you define that as all drugs?

> Baseless assumptions the post
>Can you prove it?

Can you prove I'm wrong?
>>
>>25691

Its getting boring having to explain that nicotine and alcohol are drugs too. Can you raise your discourse and join us in the 21st century pls
>>
>>25691
>It infringes on their right to live in a drug-free community
Since when is that a right and not a privilege?
>>
>>25693

The burden of proof is on you.
>>
>>25696
It is not, you made the claim:
>Since only pot smokers think marijuana should be legal
and never supported the statement. I pointed that out as a baseless assumption and await your proof.

You are seem mentally challenged.
>>
>>25698
>You are seem mentally challenged.

lol
>>
Are you all so stoned that you believe there are people out there who don't smoke weed but are pro-legalization anyway?
>>
>>25675
nah
>>
"I don't smoke weed, but I think it should be legalized anyhow."

Said no one, EVER.
>>
I just wanna fuck bitches and smoke weed
>>
>no shits actually given by either party: the thread
>>
>>25709
Said me, actually, and I've never touched the stuff.
>>
>>25675
>since this group of people that want something that won't effect me directly in any way, it infringes upon my rights as a drug free person

Are you that daft? If you're a drug free person, stay drug free, nobody else cares but you. God I hate fuckers like you. It takes a real special type of asshole to tell others what the should or shouldn't have, especially in the case of Marijuana where it hurts literally no one.

I'm going to remember you anon, when Marijuana is federally legalized since there is almost no reason not to. I'm going to remember you and laugh it up
>>
>>25675
>Instead of improving yourself,doing spots,working,expressing your self,raising a family,you will have a whole generation of morally&ethically bankrupt pot heads who will never amount to anything
>>
>>25691
You have no idea what you're talking about guy

Refrain from posting here ever again
>>
>>25681
There is no point in a cure for cancer as it doesn't benifit non cancer patients.

>logic
>>
>>25691
>live in a suburb
>guy 3 houses down is enjoying a joint after a hard day at work
>nope
>call the police for drug-free environment infringement
>neighbor gets put in jail for non-violent drug incident
>this is the kind of world you want to live in

You are scum. Marijuana is safer than alcohol and cigarettes. Why do you WANT to take away the better alternative from people?
>>
>>25719
Not that anon but
>implying alcohol,cigarettes and drugs shouldn't be utterly banned and burned from existence

It is 2016 kid,who smokes and drinks anymore?That is so 1990.
>>
>>25720
Memes aside a lot of people do. As wild as it may seem, there are lots of people who like to go out with people on the weekend and party rather than staying at home and having little interaction with people around you. Try it sometime, it's all about moderation.
>>
>>25720
Also, cmon now that's just silly.

>let's just ban em all!

It would never happen because of multiple factors
>>
Looks like bait OP kickstarts threads here just like anywhere else.
>>
>>25675
Marijuana can bring in millions of tax revenue (see Colorado).

The only downside would be the affect on users and republicans having to 'put up' with stoners. Its not like tobacco is legal... Or alcohol... Or any pharmaceutical drug that has been proven to cause harm.

I say regulate and tax it. Stop fighting the drug war, it's over. All money spend on illegal substances goes to criminals when it could be fed back into the system for better services. Why let criminals take all our money just because some people prefere to relax with a joint rather than a stiff drink?
>>
>>25709
Actually I really hate weed because it has thc and inhibits dopamine production leading to depression plus it makes your prefrontal cortex, the decision making part of your brain , much smaller but it has enormous economic benefits for the country.
>>
>>25720
>muh eighteenth amendment
Lol they tried this already and it didn't work .
>>
>>25709
but that's blatantly wrong. I don't. And there are many others.
>what are taxes
Fucking retard.
>>
>>25723
>people who like to go out with people on the weekend and party
>Try it sometime, it's all about moderation.

HOW boring must you be that you need alcohol and drugs to have fun?
How boring,useless,stupid and braindead?

If these are the kind of people that need alcohol and drugs,then we better remove it.

Weed is good for intelligent people,like artists,that actually do something with it,everyone else is just looking for excuses to burn what little brain cells they have left.

>>25724
>banning things bad for people has never been done before
>>
>>25738
>banning things that people " think " are bad because it goes against their personal morals
Have you heard of the eighteenth amendment ? Yeah that didn't work .
>>
>>25686
Donald Trump
>>
>>25681
alcohol
tobacco
any drug being sold in a pharmacy
anything you don't use in your daily life why am I responding to bait but I already wrote this much
>>
Bunch of fucking commies in this thread. Good on you Vermont! The second prohibition is finally coming to an end.
>>
>>25741
>Hedonism should dictate law and society !
Nice,you just done away with civilization,responsibility and accountability.

Barbaric thinking.

A country where drugs are legal is Somalia,I invite anyone to go there and chew drugs,like the locals.
>>
>>25681
If you seriously believe the bullshit logic you just posted you have got to be one of the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.
>>
>>25691
I know you're just being a mememaster but calorization of smoke makes it diffuse in the air. Your argument is nearly null save for the smell.
>>
>>25760
That is not a good comparison, and I think due to the extreme presence of Sharia law you are completely wrong about drug use, at least alcohol and marijuana use.

Also, organized crime reached a peak during prohibition.

I live in Colorado and even though I don't smoke, I'm happy it is legal for people who do. I don't feel unsafe, and actually the state I used to live in has a worse issue with crime, and the standard of living overall is poor.

The state has made so much money, and public education in the state has upped in quality and accessibility.
>>
No one in this thread is serious at all and anyone who appears as such is a ruseman
>>
>>25797
I got roped into replying to that damn troll 4 times before I came to. Seems like that dick hat is still at it.
>>
>>25683
Potheads shouldn't be spending money on pot in the first place, and their money should be spent on useful products which would help useful industries. Instead their money funds an industry that makes products which encourages people to be lazy.

Can't wait for the planned economy.
>>
>>25709
Really? Even my grandmother thinks it should be legal.
>>
>>25799
No it doesn't. Again the idea of taxes escapes you. So what if he sits on his couch all day and does nothing that benefits me? The taxes from him buying that pot make it to where my kid can get a great education for free in the state.

Potheads are more functional members of society than a drunkard. Or because they aren't allowed to smoke on the job, unlike cigarette smokers, they end up being a more productive employee by not taking a smoke break every hour.
>>
>>25709
I know cops thatve said that faggot
>>
>>25803
>No it doesn't. Again the idea of taxes escapes you.
No it doesn't what? The pothead spends money on pot, the money goes into the industry, the industry expands, employs more labor, buys more land to grow more marijuana, but the entire industry is worthless and the money, labor, and land could be better spent elsewhere. If the pothead wants to through his money away then he should be throwing it to scientific advancements. Taxes only redirect part of the money, not all of it.

The idea of macroeconomics escapes you.
>>
>>25809
>>nevermind that the fibers can be used and extracted oils can make biodiesel.
>>
>>25809
>the entire industry is worthless
must be bait
>>
>>25701
I know quite a few. They are tired of the government telling Americans what they can do in their homes if it doesn't have a negative affect on others. They are tired of hearing about their friends or family members getting fucked over because of pot. They are tired of their taxes being wasted on keeping people in prison over buying pot.
>>
I don't know about legalization but I do think all drugs should be decriminalized, at least for the users. The money spent chasing down and locking up drug users would be better spent on rehabilitation. Full disclosure: I say this as someone who doesn't smoke weed despite it being legal for me but is planning to make a habit out of using shrooms once or twice a year.
>>
>>25796
>you are completely wrong about drug use,
East african countries are notorious for chewing drug plants or smoking them.
>Also, organized crime reached a peak during prohibition.
Overall health increased
Crimes went down.
Less health issues reported.

The prohibition was a succes,bribes and corruption canceled it.

>>25803
I don't think you get the concept of "how much you lose" vs "how much you get" in this situation.
Potheads should rather improve themselves,do sports and work,making their own money,instead of spending mommy's or their minimum wage dollars on drugs.

>Potheads are more functional members of society than a drunkard.
Both stink.
Both are lazy.
Both have their brains fucked.
Both are sick.

>unlike cigarette smokers
Majority of them smoke weed.
>>
>>25760
>A country where drugs are legal is Somalia,I invite anyone to go there and chew drugs,like the locals.
Netherlands doesn't seem to have suffered for it.
>>
>>25860
>Netherlands doesn't seem to have suffered for it.
It is not like they need to import millions of foreigners to work because their youth is stuck smoking weed and fucking around.
over 1/5 people there are not dutch
>>
>>25675
L M A O
M
A
O
>>
You guys are idiots. Just replace weed with alcohol, tobacco, or any other legal substance.

>inb4 That's stupid anon, it doesn't work like that
Yes, it does. Either have all drugs legalized/decriminalized, or have everything illegal.
>>
>>25675
I've never touched weed once and I think it ought to be legalized. Who gives a damn if someone wants to just light it up? It's not like they are a danger to anyone.
>>
So many citations needed. What a shit thread.
>>
Yet to see any valid points from the pro-prohibition
>>
>>25716
>pot is free in the Netherlands
>one of the most economically developed countries

Go home, anon. You are retarded
>>
>>25799
planned economy is literally cancer
>>
>>25681
What's the excuse for making it illegal? Or should everything be illegal by default unless it benefits you to make it legal?
>>
>>25932
don't want second hand marijuana smoke, especially around any kids i have
>>
>>25935
But second hand tobacco smoke is okay?
>>
>>25938
on schools and around public services absolutely not

everywhere else, i'd rather not
>>
>>25905
Corelation does not imply causation.

Drug legalization does not bring development

Portugal and Somalia are not developed.
>>
>>25858
>I have nothing to back up my statements with
>Fuck actual studies

Maybe if you weren't looking at third world countries you would notice a difference.

>Everyone who drinks a couple of drinks a week is an alcoholic
>Having a cigar to ring in the New Year means you're addicted to tobacco
>People never do sports that have smoked weed

Yeah we're done here.
>>
>>25984
Portugal is developed retard; they were a colonial power derrrhuurrrrr
>>
>>25686
Me
>>
>>25678
sorry, Freedom-free people sounds retarded, but is accurate. just like having cars is against the rights of car-free people or having money is against money-free people.
>>
>>25691
well we found a way of fixing that for smokers with anti-smoking laws and still keep both sides happy... doubt it's going to be a LOOOOOONG strech to apply the EXACT same rules.
>>
>>25691
We breathe diesel exhaust all the time. That is far more deadly than cannabis smoke.
>>
OP is a real jokester.
>infringement on the rights of drug free people
people who have cars infringe on the rights of car free people
>>
>>26030
>Portugal is developed
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

t. portuguese who is moving to Angola with his uncle and friends
>>
>>25675
>blatant infringement on the rights of drug-free people

Their rights to... keep not smoking? Infringement how?
>>
Daily smoking causes irreversible damage to your memory and white matter.
>>
The real reason why marijuana is still illegal on the federal level is that the only ones who want it legal are potheads.
>>
>>26101
And smoking tobacco and drinking every day isn't that much better.
>>
>>25686
Watch the latest episode of hbo vice, most of the businessmen capitalizing on the boom in denver don't actually smoke pot and a few actually voted against legalization until they say how much money was being made.
>>
>>25716
Pot is banned in sports because it is a performance enhancing drug that makes athletes better while recovering faster and many artists use it for inspiration and focus.
>>
>>26205
>watching VICE
im all for legalization but i cant fucking stand VICE ever

if anything making anti-pot people watch VICE will only make them hate pot even more
>>
>>26207
It provides several first hand accounts of businessmen who don't smoke pot, but now support it because they are making money hand over fist.
>>
>>25738
>boring
That is a major generalization. Just because people use it recreationally, doesnt mean they are socially inept without it.
It enhances the experience.

Also some people like the taste of beer.
Its called a preference.

>weed is good for intelligent people, like artists

You know what else would be good for artists? Methamphetamines and Cocaine.
That would help them think on a deepet level and get shit done.
>>
>>25809
Who are you to tell me how I should live my life? Are you going to tell,me what I may eat or drink or how many children I should have?
>>
>>25940
Dude fuck your stupid kids my world doesn't revolve around them. I respect your butt hurt "muh children" logic but you need to realize that if the lingering smell of weed is the "worst" thing that can happen to a kid then you really have no clue about the drug lords and cartel that are on your side for keeping it illegal. You just don't have the parenting skills to handle "daddy why does that mans cigarette smell so stinky?"
>>
>>25681
Just ignore the most significant stakeholder group? That's ridiculous. Firstly it does benefit people who don't smoke by reducing the public debt burden via extra revenue secondly by reducing the costs of incarceration for "criminals" also it eliminates the consequences of those individuals being incarcerated (hardened criminals). Thirdly it takes the largest producing product for organised crime and that revenue is taken from them and is earned by a business then taxed. The alternative for me is I go to work and pay my bills, my taxes, take part in my local basketball team then go home and get stoned. I'm a criminal and now you want your tax dollars spent on me going to $55,000 a year camp that creates violent reoffenders.
>>
>>25686
I don't smoke. It should be legal.
1: taxes
2: less inmates for non-violent, non-malicious crimes
3: adults have the 'freedom' to do what they choose with their own bodies

Of course you'really probably gonna try to oppose this with 'muh degeneracy' and 'muh drug users', but I am going to to tell you to save your energy and debate all the other reasonable people here because I just dropped in to award you your dunce hat.

And when you'return done here, to you can go take your Ritalin and Adderall and go back to your self-righteous echo chamber.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.