[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Twitter's Orwellian 'Trust and Safety' Council
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: Stacy.jpg (5 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
Stacy.jpg
5 KB, 240x180
http://reason.com/blog/2016/02/20/did-twitters-orwellian-trust-and-safety

>Remember a few days ago, when Twitter elevated anti-GamerGate leader Anita Sarkeesian to its “Trust and Safety Council,” an imperious-sounding committee with Robespierre-esque powers to police discussion on the social media platform? The goal, according to Twitter, was to make it easier for users to express themselves freely and safely.

>One user who won’t be expressing himself at all is Robert Stacy McCain: a conservative journalist, blogger, self-described anti-feminist, and prominent GamerGate figure who was banned from Twitter on Friday night. Clicking on his page redirects to this “account suspended” message that encourages users to re-read Twitter’s policies on abusive behavior.
>>
>In a response to his banning that is in many ways emblematic of his worldview and behavior, McCain explicitly blamed Sarkeesian and her crew:

>>'This is why you can’t even state FACTS about these people on Twitter without being accused of “harassment.” Facts are harassment and truth is hate and Oceania Has Always Been at War With Eastasia. Sarkesian is anti-freedom because she is anti-truth. She and her little squad of soi-disant “feminists” are just hustlers looking for a free ride, and the only way they can get that ride is to silence anyone who speaks the truth about them and calls them out as the cheap bullshit artists they actually are'.

>McCain did not immediately respond to a request for comment. He concluded the above post with a statement, “fuck ‘social justice’.” He despises leftists and feminists, and doesn’t hold back his hate.

>But there’s a difference between using strong language to disagree with people, and abusing them. If McCain has crossed that line, I’m not aware of it.

R.I.P. Twitter
>>
http://theralphretort.com/follow-up-r-s-mccain-responds-to-his-unfair-twitter-suspension-2020016/

Full text of response from McCain
>>
How many strong independent women have to be almost raped online before you shitlord pissbaby manchildren learn.
>>
Disagreeing is harassment.

Using logic is harassment.

Twitter is dead, and good riddance.

Make the replacement decentralized so that there isn't a commercial entity that can be bullied into giving them their way.
>>
Lmao who gives a flying fuck
>>
With jews... you lose!
>>
>>24833
There was statusnet, then identi.ca, and the pump.io. Nobody cared.
>>
>>24801
>Oceania Has Always Been at War With Eastasia

Do you think many of the people who would support his banning or advocate for similar forms of censorship understand this reference?
>>
>>24903
probably not
>>
waaaah i got banned from my toy

this free thing somebody else made should be how I want it when I want it

it's not fair I have a right to private property if I like it
>>
I really hope twitter goes bankrupt soon. The investors are already jittery for their failure to monetize, and the users can smell that the fad is almost over. Shit like kik and whatsapp is the future.
>>
>>24833
GNUsocial friend.
>>
>>24944
Waaaah people say things i dont agree with
Everyone should think and speak like me on this free thing open to everyone
Stop harassing me waaaah
>>
For safety they should just ban everyone from Twitter and shut it down. It's clearly too problematic and distressing to be allowed to continue.
>>
>>24944
>Be me
>Follow the rules for a thing I like to use
>Get banned from using it solely because someone disliked my opinions.

I'd say this is a legitimate case for some bitching.
>>
>>24968
>>25037
If you broke he rules then expect to get ban hammered.
Calling them "muh opinions" won't change your situation of getting unbanned.
You guys are dumb as hell.
>>
>>24799
nah
>>
Twitter is gay
>>
>>24799
Why not boycott twitter? Leave until twitter agrees to remove anita and the real of their "Safety Council" and remove their absurd speech codes.
>>
>>24945
People use kik for reasons other than hooking up? Only ever time I used that was when I wanted to crush puss
>>
>>24801
Tried to warn my supposed bros at imgur. See for yourself

http://imgur.com/gallery/wlw7gxw
>>
>>24944

Such a weak argument, people don't think they have a right to twitter, facebook or anything else, they do have a right to free expression and stating facts and opinions based on those facts. Twitter does not want people to have that freedom and does not want unedited, non-approved positions on its service, so fuck it and shout from the rooftops that it's fucked.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/24/google-ideas-invite-online-harassers-talk-online-harassment/
>>
>>24920
>>24903

Stop dumbass questions like this to circle jerk each other into thinking how fucking smart you are. The corporate media doesn't give a fuck if you've read fucking Kafka.
>>
>>25144
Dude the irony,

my sides

that quote is from Orwell's 1984

are you an autist
>>
>>25147

Dumbass.
>>
>>25147

Goodness, you ARE smart! Good job! Twenty Smart points for you!
>>
>>24799
This isn't fucking news.

Reported, hidden, saged.
>>
>>25150
>>25149
bitter sjws
>>
>>24944

Completely missing the point while simultaneously advertising your complicity with the effort of an immensely influential organization to limit the expression of free speech.
>>
>>25053

>lol you got banned deal with it shitlord xD

So you have nothing substantial to say about the actual issue here?
>>
>>25308
Do they ever?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.