[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
18-year-old charged for impersonating Ohio senator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: teen-senator.png (943 KB, 1791x4867) Image search: [Google]
teen-senator.png
943 KB, 1791x4867
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/21/18-year-old-charged-for-impersonating-ohio-senator.html

"The presentation was about being active in politics, political processes," Ratliff said. "Everyone thought it was legit; bought into it, including the teacher."
>>
>>24731
How.
>>
>>24731
>18 year old man
>Impersonating a senator
>Impersonating a peace officer
>telecommunications fraud

You can feel the salt.
These country bumpkins must be really butthurt about this and they are trying to throw the book at him. Acting on behalf as a replacement to a senator is not impersonation, it is fraud. I really hope the kid doesn't receive any harsh punishment for his harmless 'demonstration' though I'd call it a prank.
>>
>>24760
It's just a prank bro!!
>>
>>24760
Saying he's going to replace the senator when he steps down really isn't a crime. That's why they're charging him with the peace officer bit, and he probably had a conversation on the phone, that's the telecom fraud

They'll throw the book at him, for sure. Hopefully the jury sees the bullshit.
>>
I wonder if this guy is going to get a competent defense attorney. While it's clear he did *something* it seems like the cops are struggling to find something that fits, which bodes well for his chances in a jury trial as long as he has a good lawyer, public or not.
>>
>>24731
kek
Should probably just get a fine.
>>
>>24765
To be more specific it's social engineering.
>>
>>24731
Holy fucking autism.
People need to set their priorities.
I pray the kid comes out okay, because I know my dumb ass wouldn't want this problem.
>>
>>24777

So? What bullshit?
He committed a crime, and he should at the very least serve 5 years for it. I've never done anything so foolish, we have to show them that we have zero tolerance to such fraud
>>
>>24950
His "fraud" was literally saying, out loud, I'm going to replace the senator when he steps down.

Gave his real name, a 5 second phone call to the senators office would prove him wrong, but they couldn't even bother.

It wasn't some elaborate conspiratorial ruse with accomplices and fake websites or anything intricate, at all.

He called the school, he told them his name, he told them he was replacing a public official, he told them to change the date of the visit. And their response was "derp, okay"
>>
>>24950
It was just a prank bro

There is no measuring the hypocrisy in harshly prosecuting this kid as a fraud when far worse lies are hand-waved daily.
>>
>>24950
>I've never done anything so foolish
>never

>Kid tells teacher he is a replacement for senator
>show ID
>18 years old
You have a point, the kid's action weren't that foolish at all, it was the School officials.
>>
>>24731
This is a whole new level of incompetence, how can they not tell the difference between an 18 year old man and a 48 year old man? The senator in question is balding. Did anyone bother to look up a picture of him?
>>
>>25019
If you read the article, the kid acted as a replacement on behalf of the senator. The title and OP's title are misleading clickbait.

The kid clearly presented his ID to school officials.
>>
>>25061
>reading the article
>on /news/
My friend, these things just aren't done.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.