[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jeb Bush is OUT.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: finished.jpg (30 KB, 462x274) Image search: [Google]
finished.jpg
30 KB, 462x274
The end of a dynasty?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/21/us/politics/jeb-bush.html
>>
its official.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/20/politics/jeb-bush-drops-out-2016/index.html
>>
>>24678
End of an era. Goodbye, turtlepockets, it's been real.
>>
I honestly didn't expect him to drop out so soon, he must have lost support from his donors and/or his supper pac.

Something tells me that this won't be the last time we see Jeb go after the office however.
>>
Hahaha looks like after 2 failures we really didn't want a third
>>
>>24698
>hahaha
>>
Still can't believe Donald actually might become the candidate. I'd literally pay 100 bucks to watch him go against Hillary.
>>
>>24854
I think he's got a low potential support ceiling, and that Rubio will take the lead as support narrows (Jeb's and eventually Kasich's votes will redound overwhelmingly to him, I'm sure). Unless of course the field doesn't narrow fast enough, but if the Republican Party has any semblance of party discipline (which in fairness they might not) then they can finagle their way into a Rubio nom (and this very likely win in November).
>>
>>24859
But who's going to build the wall?!?
>>
>>24861
It never had a chance.
>>
>>24861
The fact that The Wall is an idea that is bandied about unironically is still not something that I've fully comprehended.
>>
>>24863
Dam straight. To be honest, The Wall isn't even Trump's idea - it's OUR idea and that's why he's picked up so much steam lately. WE are giving HIM the go-ahead on the Wall - not the other way around, so if you can't comprehend that, then yes, you are on the outside looking in to the movement.
>>
>>24865
The Wall has been a part of American right-wing discourse for a while now, Trump is just the first one to fool a critical mass of morons into taking it seriously.
>>
>>24867
It doesn't work that way - Trump would not have become successful in this election if the Wall wasn't, deep down inside, OUR IDEA. He's just rendering lip service to something we've been saying all along!
>>
>>24871
What you're saying is probably at least halfway true. Doesn't mean the whole thing isn't stupid.
>>
>>24871
The wall thing is built pretty deeply into the psyche of the more xenophobic elements of American conservatism. But this means neither a) that it isn't stupid nor b) that Trump isn't deliberately exploiting it for his own gain.
>>
>>24640
Trump may be an asshole but I'll be fucked if he isn't incredibly politically savvy.
If he keeps up this pace I have no doubt that his campaign is going to be studied and taught for years to come
>>
>>24867
>>24873
So let me get this straight

Respecting the will of the people (aka democracy)
is fooling people?

and abiding existing laws are...

what were those buzzwords again?
> "psyche of the more xenophobic elements of American conservatism"

I don't know who has times to live in ideological doctrine worlds ,everyone else lives in the real world and contributes to it,not internet keyboard SJWs

Social justice is respecting the fucking law and respecting the will of the people,we're not fascists to impose a minority opinion on the majority
>>
>>24640

It's the Bush/Clinton dynasty. And no, it's not the end.
>>
>>24881
>waste 100 million dollars and get nowhere
>not the end
>>
It's not over until the Bush's are in prison.
>>
>>24873
Just like how Sanders is exploiting his votership. Just like how every candidate panders do their own niche.

Retard.
>>
>>24640

Watching Jeb, he isn't president material. He's useless, quivering faggot material at best.
>>
>>24883
Maybe it's the end of the beginning?!
>>
>>24859
I was a blue dog Democrat until it looked like it was going to be Hillary vs Trump. Of the two, Trump is easily the more progressive candidate with traditionally liberal ideas (protectionism, anti-globalism).
>>
I've been saying all along if Sanders doesn't win the primary, the Republicans will take the presidency. Sanders will be able to sway many more independent voters than Hillary, and although Trump is hated by a lot of his party at this point I'd rather have a bigot who might do at least some stuff right than another corrupt politician
>>
>>24962
The dem nomination has been rigged for Hillary with the superdelegates from the start. Just ait until the convetnion, you'll see.
>>
>“[Sally] would be the one who could be direct with Jeb about his flaws — but she doesn’t see the flaws,” said a GOP operative who has worked with Bradshaw. “She doesn’t understand how other people don’t see it, and anyone who is critical of Jeb is dead to her.”

>The problem, many donors say they believe, is that there wasn’t anyone on the team who both recognized his shortcomings and was willing to point them out to the principal himself.

>“He did not put an adult as the chairman of the campaign and a lot of the mistakes flow from that,” said one longtime Bush donor. “Reagan put Bill Casey in that position. 41 put Jim Baker. 43 had Don Evans. You always had someone above the campaign manager who could tell people and the candidate what needed to happen, who could see the big picture. By putting Sally, who loves you, in charge, you don’t get the fair perspective, the right perspective.”

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/02/jeb-bush-dropping-out-set-up-to-fail-213662

Never put a woman in charge.
>>
>>24962
Anyone that thinks Republicans won't rally behind a presidential contender with an (R) in his title doesn't pay attention to Republican party. All he needs to do is win and 30-40% will fall in line.
>>
>>25059
Yeah, then another 20% of apolitical Trump-fans clinches the election for him! What luck!
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.