[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ISIS beheads a 15 year old boy for listening to pop music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 1
File: ShowImage.jpg (50 KB, 758x530) Image search: [Google]
ShowImage.jpg
50 KB, 758x530
Islamic State (Isis) militants have beheaded a 15-year-old boy in Iraq's second city, Mosul for listening to Western pop music. The boy – identified as Ayham Hussein by Kurdish media reports – was discovered by IS (Daesh) jihadis as he was listening to music on a portable CD player.

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/ISIS-Threat/ISIS-beheads-15-year-old-Iraqi-boy-for-listening-to-pop-music-445280

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-militants-behead-15-year-old-ayham-hussein-listening-music-1544504
>>
stupid moral outrage clickbait

this literally happens every other day

yeah we know, ISIS is bad.
>>
>>23994
So not reporting it and operating under the assumption--we all know ISIS is bad, so no further publication is needed on their actions--would be the right approach?
>>
>>23996
Not reporting banal everyday happenings that are par for the course for ISIS is one thing, but purposely promoting the banal everyday happenings ISIS does with maximum outrage and sensationalism in order to draw in more viewership for the newssource, or for propaganda purposes of yellow journalistic fearmongering and jingoistic political vigilantism, is quite another thing entirely.
>>
>>23997
But the said banal everyday happenings are as you say par for the course of what ISIS does. It triggers maximum outrage and what one may even call sensationalism, perhaps due to the fact it is a helpless 15 year kid but again that appears to be what did actually happen, from descriptive journalism alone. Are you upset they are being opportunistic with a 15 year old's death to incite what you personally feel is a fearmongering clickbait?

You still haven't answered what you propose as the alternative. I understood you said everyday happenings ought to be reported, yet in the same sentence, you oppose it. What should be the "journalism-with-integrity" approach to incidents like this?

I'm trying to see where you are coming from, as you seem to be peppering the rather concise report of this incident with personal outrage that you seem to be influenced by some sort of meta-normative.
>>
YOU KIDS TURN THAT RACKET DOWN THIS INSTANT
>>
>>23992
>Iraq's second city, Mosul
They only have two cities in Iraq huh...
>>
They also refuse to use recycled paper because it might contain fragments of a koran.

I can't believe that these ignorant bastards in the middle east can possibly support such barbarism. In 2016. Come on guys, catch up.
>>
>>23992
anyone got a bestgore link?
>>
>>23999
Instead of focusing on outrage over one teenager who will generate sympathy (and thus pageviews, and thus adsense money) from certain valuable demographics for the reasons already previously outlined, one should look for coverage that tells the whole story.

When taken in context of the total coverage of what is actually happening in Mosul:

http://aranews.net/2016/02/islamic-state-executed-more-than-1000-civilians-in-mosul-in-less-than-a-year/

http://aranews.net/2016/02/isis-executes-300-iraqi-people-in-mosul-including-activists-and-former-soldiers/

>ERBIL – The Islamic State (ISIS) radical group has released a list of names of more than 1000 people who have been executed over the last few months in the city of Mosul in Nineveh province, northern Iraq.

>The victims have been executed at the hands of ISIS jihadis on different charges.

>The extremist group has posted the lists of the victims’ names on the walls of the Sharia Court in central Mosul, local sources confirmed on Wednesday.

>“The names of 1065 people who have been executed by the group were posted on the walls of the ISIS-led Sharia Court,” rights activist Muhammad al-Jarjari told ARA News in Mosul.

>“The group was very proud of killing so many innocent civilians on baseless charges,” said al-Jarjari.

...one sees how clickbait stories written for a specific purpose (like OPs two links) undermine the field of journalism in general and also do a disservice to anyone looking for what actually happened in their news coverage.

That said, I found several other versions of events from other more disreputable sources that make OPs 2 links look like pulitzer prize winners.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/01/22/battle-for-mosul-looms-as-isis-digs-in-and-iraqis-coalition-mass.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6932508/Freed-ISIS-sex-slave-says-sick-jihadis-regularly-rape-NINE-YEAR-OLDS-as-she-relives-family-being-massacred.html
>>
>>24021
In this case, not every single incident reporting should be responsible for the larger picture its the context. As such narratives have already been covered and not every related and consequence news needs to reiterate the background story every single time.

In this article, we are reading a description of the incident. The outrage is inherent not because of underhanded journalism, but because of the nature of the incident itself.
>>
>>23992
Serves him right, portable CD players are shit.
>>
>>24021

>trust me, I'm a connoisseur of righteous indignation
>>
>>24039
No that's what I'm accusing the writers of this article of. In fact I'm the one saying OPs links are misleading clickbait pieces that focus on the moral outrage over one teen boy dead among thousands when it should be more about what actually happened.

It has nothing to do with righteous indignation and everything to do with just wanting the facts of the situation and not the spin.
>>
>>24021
Couldn't agree more, give this guy a cookie.
This is nothing more than bait.

>>24038
Just where does your humour come from? The laundromat?
>>
>>23992
i can get behind this. we should start killing people in the states that listen to pop music. should help a little with overpopulation, and the general sanity of those left alive
>>
stupid...
I don't understand their purpose.
>>
Why do they hate us so much?
>>
>>24096
Because you destroyed their nation several times over in cynical acts of bullyism, and gave birth to several whole generations of Iraqi youths who had to witness night raids, getting their doors kicked down, their fathers beaten and humiliated, and their mothers strip-searched, all by a conveniently western intruder.

And you did it all intentionally. You knew this would be the result - a lasting legacy of growing poverty and misery in the middle east, so that the muslim enemies in faith would be reduced and made suffer.
>>
>>24162
And so they'll take it out on themselves, because they can't affect their actual target on a significant level. The mongrels will eventually eat themselves alive, leaving nothing but a slightly sour footnote on American and world history.
>>
>>24164
You call them mongrels, but they spent their childhood in an enviroment dominated by the fear an indignation you constructed out of your own sheer evil. They are people. The kind of people who never had a chance to find anything else than hate, because you crushed that option simply because you love war, and hate peoples you have not enslaved.
>>
>>24166
>enslaved
Who, by definition, are enslaved by the USA? They may be people, but that doesn't change the fact that they're going to destroy themselves before the US even needs to finish the job they've started.
>>
>>24164
Actually, thanks to Global Warming, the desert where ISIL lives will become uninhabitable to humans over the next few decades. The problem solves itself.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/climate-change-render-persian-gulf-uninhabitable-study-article-1.2412626

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/10/26/could-worsening-heat-make-persian-gulf-uninhabitable.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/27/science/intolerable-heat-may-hit-the-middle-east-by-the-end-of-the-century.html
>>
>>23997
If it wasn't for /news/ I would never know about that.

You're just wrong.
>>
>>24184
Incorrect. News coverage of what's happening in Mosul is ongoing.
>You're just wrong
Prove me wrong then, faggot.
>>
>>24162
>>24166
this has nothing to do with the absurdity of the sharia law
>>
>>24012
it's not on bestgore
>>
>>24168
>Actually, thanks to Global Warming, the desert where ISIL lives will become uninhabitable to humans over the next few decades. The problem solves itself.

What is walking on two feet?

The problem will walk to you.
Have fun solving Daesh
>>
>kid listening to Justin Bieber
>correct protocol
>>
>>24192
Of course it has. You created the conditions for this monstrosity to occur through several decades of determined work.

>>24167
The destruction they cause IS the job. They've created the monster, now all they have to do is watch it work as predicted. As an added bonus, the EU is further weakened as they attempt to help refugees, while Americans bar their borders from them and smugly accuse them of being lesser beings, terrorists and infidels. A divided, subservient EU that does not compete with God's chosen people is preferred, afterall.
>>
I bet he deserved it, I was probaply some gay shit like Justin Bieber or Sam Smith.
>>
>>24263
Hah, are you actually blaming the US for the European countries bending over backwards for the Muslims and other various refugees? Blame your politicians and retarded left wing activists for allowing themselves to manage to turn into an even higher grade of degenerates than the ones here in America. Seriously, how do you go and blame one country for another's decisions? Nobody told any of those faggots to open their borders wide open for the animals.
>>
>>24275
>>24275
Dear fuckface,

I just want to make clear that we have all the trouble because the us has to be the #1 of the fucking world. They had to interfere in the middle-east.

So know your history and dont act stupid. Dont talk if the only thing you could say is fucking US propaganda.

Good luck mate
>>
>>24284
You literally just got butt hurt when your dumbass was faced with a question that destroys your little rant. Go with Daesh.
>>
>>24274
Lol you're gay
>>
>>23994
So can we just bomb them already
>>
>>24284
>propaganda
Lmao kill yourself fampai
>>
>>24284
Dear Fuckface,

I just want to make clear that if you're going to run around asking people to "know their history" then we should probably be blaming all the trouble in the Middle East on Britain, France, and Germany since their little war caused the downfall of the Ottoman Empire and they're the ones responsible for the Middle East getting cut up into little segments where the minority religious groups were put in charge of the majority groups thus setting the stage for all the conflict there right now.

Good luck friend.
>>
>>23992
Do we know what exactly he was listening to? This is of immense importance.
>>
>>24353
Radiohead
>>
>>24284
Sykes-Picot.
>>
>>23992
i dont like people who listen to pop music anyways, so fuck that guy
>>
didnt expect it to be public
>civilists watching
>fuck muslims
>>
>>23997
this is not everyday happenings in 99.9% of earth you fuckin mehmet
>>
>>24480
>i'm against clickbait so I must be a muslim!
>>>/pol/
>>
Why should I care?
>>
>>24166
>because you crushed that option
There's always another option besides hate. Fuck off.
>>
Finaly i waiting for these
>>
>>24263
Oy vey
>>
Let them eat each other
>>
>>24331
No anon we have to fight a CIVILIZED war.
Because this is the 21st century. And WAR needs to be CIVILIZED
>>
>>24288
Top kek!
>>
Beheading is so barbaric and retarded. The poor fuck probably will pass out from blood loss and never wake up but still that's got to suck. Especially for such a dumb reason. Maybe they'll all behead each other.
>>
>>24695
wat
>>
>>23992
>ISIS beheads a 15 year old boy for listening to pop music
kek i never thought I'd agree with an isis policy
>>
So since they live in the Stone Age what could you bomb them back to?
>>
>>25442
You can't, just gas them out of existence and fill in the land with whites.
>>
>>24695
You're right. It's time we started fighting with paintball guns and bombs and if you get hit, you say "Oh boy, I'm gonna go home."
>>
>>24021
Whats the saying, "one death is a tragedy, 100 is a statistic"? Focusing on the most absurd, relatable death is what brings attention to the story, for pageviews and the intended moral outrage.
>>
1# FUCK MUSLIMS

im from Europe and these people are trying to destroy Europe, they need to either go to the North Pole or a black hole for all Europe cares

anyone who supports refuges, I will free punch your face
>>
>>25118
IT'S 2016 GUISE, GAWD
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.