[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People's racist Facebook comments are ending up on billboards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 1
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/peoples-racist-facebook-comments-ending-234400980.html

good counter trick to be honest
>>
don't use kikebook???
Even twitter is fine, at least you don't need to verify ID or shit like that
>>
that's pretty hilarious.
>>
>The campaign, "Virtual racism, real consequences," is using the location tag from Facebook posts to find where the offenders live. The group is then buying billboard space in their neighborhoods, but blurring out the names and photos of the commenters.

What is the fucking point of this if you're not gonna show the name and picture?

Also, why is there a "non profit" group defending blacks in fucking Brazil?
>The comment roughly translates to "I got home stinking of black people." "Preto" is an offensive way to say "black" in Portuguese, compared to "negro," which is neutral.

kek
>>
>>3985
kek, I actually want this now. Everyt ime I see a billboard instead of an advertisement I can actually get a good kek out of it.
>>
>>3985
>>What is the fucking point of this if you're not gonna show the name and picture?
I would assume that it's illegal to share the real name and photo.
Maybe they're counting on word of mouth to spread the names. Of course, what they are doing is basically just giving people a platform to spread ideology that they are really trying to suppress.
>>
>>3985
>What is the fucking point of this if you're not gonna show the name and picture?
I was thinking it was meant to just shame the person who posted it. They'd know it was their comment and maybe they'll be more aware about what they post on public forums.
>>
>>3995

Do you think someone who posted "I smelled of black people" on Facebook are going to feel shame when they see it, or do you think they're gonna call their bros up and say "check it out, that shit I said about the niggers is on that board"?
>>
>using social media
They have no one but themselves to blame
>>
>>3985
>portugese
wow it's fucking nothing
>>
>>3985
>What is the fucking point of this if you're not gonna show the name and picture?
This.
>>
sounds awesome, how do i get my anonymous racist messages posted on a billboard for free?
>>
wouldn't be surprised if libcucks wanted to make this a thing over here
>>
>>4073
Around here (Berlin) I've seen something similar quite often.
Racists would get doxxed and then that info would be sprayed on the walls around their neighborhoods along with a "KNOWN RACIST" headline.
>>
Honestly? Be it me I'd be happy to be famous and you bet I'd end up on every damn billboard nearby because racism is everything in this day and time
>>
>>3979
if you are stupid enough to post hateful comments in a site that attach your face and name to it, you deserve this.
I'm considering deleting my fb because I got a 17yo sent me pics of her tits through chat and shit can't be deleted from it now. Shit could backfire hard.
>>
>>3979
So they censor your picture and name? Sounds like a great opportunity to troll and have some lulz
>>
>>4005
This. If they posted it for everyone to see, I doubt they are gonna feel shame if it's on a billboard now.
>>
>>3985
Because they know better than to form a mob against someone
>>
>>4131
There is no point if you're not going to say their name. You might as well be writing the racist comment yourself!
>>
Huezillian here.
This country is filled with niggers EVERYWHERE. chances are the guy that posted that, has nigger blood.
also no one gives a shit because we have more to worry about than if whitey is hurting our fee fees since we have no niggerbux like in US.
>>
FULL TRANSLATION
***** 10 March
"I got home stinking of nigger."
Vila Veina Espirito Santo
Virtual racism. The consequences are real.
In defence of the black women.
Crioula "Feminine for nigger" "Negress"
>>
>>4142
>10 March
Now that you point it out, that's quite a delay in response.
>>
>>4145
maybe they had to jump through legal hoops to post the post in the billboard?

Maybe the news article is made by a slowpoke since billboard anti racism in a 3rd world country is barely news.

( it would be funnier if in fact a SJW was scouring through people's old posts for something slightly offending )
>>
>>3979
The people who cry about this shit are often racists themselves.
>mfw blacks being against interracial marriage is now a thing (they say it's racist)
godspeed hueland
>>
>>3979
>Post tins of racist shit on facebook
>Fags spend their money on a billboard in/near my neighborhood
>Put up my hatefulness for everyone to see with a single consequence because I remain anonymous.
May as well throw /pol/ threads in the newspaper while they're at it
>>
>>4142
>The consequences are real.

Except they aren't, since the person's photo and name is blurred out.
>>
>>3985
It sounds like she? fucked a bunch of black guy.
>>
>>4074
You people are a joke
>>
We're going to have a racist witch hunt, a la McArthy or Salem. Mark my words.
>>
>>4005
i feel like a lot of normies don't understand how public facebook or twitter are hence the embarrassment when they get btfo like once a year and lose their jobs. some of them treat those platforms as if it was 4chan and 'anonymous'
>>
How much to put up a Sam Hyde or Ben Garrison post?
>>
This is hilariously pathetic, but why the fuck would you use Facebook anyway? I have to say you'd deserve it.
>>
>>4223
Good
>>
>>3979
>em defesa das mulheres negras
>MULHERES
What.

Also "fedendo a preto" may also mean "smelling like coal", which is black too. Its not even explicited wheres the racism on this one (but the rest is obviously mean-spirited).
>>
>>4358
>>4358
it's the Millenial generation that are the dumbasses.
baby boomers and Gen x'ers already have their lives set.
People under 18-19 have grown up watching Millenials fuck up their lives online, so know better.
It's literally one generation of idiots.
My buddy hires LOTS of people for large firms - he ALWAYS checks their social media, without them knowing.
If he see drunk pics, partying pics, racists shit, shirt off shit, etc, that person doesn't get the job.
And they'll never know why.
Which is to say they'll just keep posting social media shit until they're on welfare, I guess.
>>
>People shouldn't be allowed to speak their minds
>People need to never ever think negatively about anything or anyone
>The world is a beautiful rainbow of love and peace

justshootme.jpg
>>
>>3979
Argentina has a 'right wing' government now (It's a sweden tier social democrat party, but it's apparently seen as right wing there). I hope Brazil follows them.
>>
>>4698
>4698 posts in 3 days
This is what happens when you take away the memes and infographics.
>>
>>3979
>cheguei

wait what is this shit, I can't post an image?? this is an imageboard.
>>
>>4708
Its a textboard, images only allowed in OP... Thats on first page dude.
>>
Just wondering, has anyone made an archive of this board yet?
>>
>>3985

>Implying some couldn't just make up a fake profile of someone else
>>
>>4071
This is what I was wondering
>>
>>3985
Pretty fucking much. Congrats, you've wasted a shit ton of money for a useless cause. If my name and picture will be blurred out, then of course I would post a racist comment on facebook (I already closed it though). I can just imagine a ton of people doing it until they go bankrupt, and the commenters who ended up on billboards would probably be really happy about the fact that their comments are essentially being promoted.

It's like that stupid counter of "Homophobic phrases used on twitter" ( http://www.nohomophobes.com/#!/today/ ), you called attention to a not really serious issue, now more people are going to jump on the wagon just to mess with you.
>>
>Not showing the name
>Still showing uncensored comments
How's this any different than the graffiti on a restroom stall?
>>
>>4131
Still no point, if there's no name or picture, there's no consequence. You pretty much legally paid money to promote some guy's racist comment and they won't care, because no one will know it's them, and more might abuse this fact to make the whole movement a money sinkhole.

You would be better off putting a banner saying "Please no racism"
>>
>>4715
I wondered about that too, for about 3 seconds, because that's how long it took me to check.
>>
>>4773
I checked in google, couldn't see any
>>
>>4837
Not my fault you're browsing 4chan vanilla.
>>
>>4752
It has PSA logos and phrases slapped on.
>>
>>3995
Yeah this
>>
>>3979

It would be far more effective to print out the post and hang it around the offenders neck so their neighbors can jeer at them.

It might sound harsh but if that's the price we have to pay to stamp out incorrect opinions then so be it.
>>
>>3995
Why the fuck would I feel shame when my name and picture is blurred out? No one will know it's me, and I would probably be pretty proud to know that any racist comment I make on social media will cost some stupid organization a lot of money.
>>
>>4180
Probably referring to the eligibility of getting a good job, but then again, the whole shit about how employers will read facebook or require facebook is bullshit.

No one is getting harmed if I say something bad about blacks, and I don't think there would be any consequences other then a couple people bitching at me
>>
>>3979
>Brazil
joke's on you, you are all niggers
>>
>>4890
That sounds like something tumblr woud do.
>>
>>4890
If your "solution" were the principle form of dealing with differing opinions, we'd all still think the world was flat, we'd be serfs under a king's rule, there would be no industrial revolution and we'd all be sitting in the dark right now, wishing for Zeus to strike us down.

In other words, you're an idiot.
>>
>attacking the person and lowering yourself to their standard doing another Ad Hominem
>OR
>refuting the argument with a valid argument, thus providing you HIGHER GROUND
>choose one
libtard logic here mates

>couldnt post HIGH GROUND /tv/ meme
>>
>>3985
>real consequences
Yeah, because you created them.
>>
>>5273
There is a level of such odious stupidity whereby you actually debase yourself more by sincerely engaging with it (and thus legitimizing it to an extent) than you do by simply denouncing the person who expresses it.
>>
Nice, I wonder when my posts will end up on one.
>>
>>4874
No. The bilboard didn't go up to anonymously shame a single person. The intent is pretty clear, why aren't you getting it?
>>
This is a great idea but they should show the names.
>>
This makes no sense. The billboard is clearly not in English, so you know the people in the country it is in are not white. And racism = power + prejudice so they are not being racist.
>>
It's just part of this disgusting trend of "publicly shaming" people. This also sets a precedent. What if these comments end up tracing back to someone one day? Whether their profile image was still discernible while it was blurred or someone found the original comment.

That racist comment had an audience of 12 people. Put on a billboard and posted online, now millions have seen it. That's fighting racism how? If anything, that's giving this person potentially millions of people to be pissed off at him if anything goes wrong and anything about him is public.
>>
>>5415
The idea is shit. If they don't show the names, then the whole intention means absolutely nothing when you consider that literally anyone who no one knows can just spout out a racist comment just for the reason so they can see their comment waste billboard space.

If it did show their names, then it would be a pretty big PR and privacy invasion nightmare.

The whole message of "Racist comments has real consequences thing" is flawed because they don't show or tell you what they are, they just say "Yeah, there's a consequence", which is probably something manufactured by them or some shit, and even then, I wouldn't say that throwing some one's racist comment with information blurred out is that much of a consequence.

You would literally be better off with a big sign saying "Racism is bad"
>>
>>3979
Lol holy shit, who thought this was a good idea
> Lets just post racist comments all over the city
> Not realizing this isn't combating racism, it's displaying it as if it were a trophy or a piece of art on display
>>
>>4696
As a millennial I hate to agree, but yep. I see it once a month. >Someone calls their boss a moron on facebook.
>Their boss, who is a friend of theirs on FB, calls them out on it.
>They accuse their boss of stalking/invading their privacy despite posting on a public place.
>Boss fires them for being fucking idiots.

Best example I have is I have a buddy who got a DUI. He went to his probation officers page and saw nothing but pictures of her drinking and partying.
>>
>>5377
Wow, that's some amazing leftist logic.
>>
>>5477
>The billboard is clearly not in English, so you know the people in the country it is in are not white.
>>
>>5273
That's the problem with the insult of "racist". It's a word meant to censor, to shut people up, a get out of jail free card. Instead of arguing why black people aren't x, y, z, they shout "racist!" and the discussion is over.

It's been happening in feminists debates in the past few years, where men have been shut down by women who can just pull out the sexist card and shut down all their arguments without having any of their own. It's really bad for discourse.

A big chunk of racism in America is ignorance and lack of exposure to other races, another part of it derives from real and genuine issues, and not necessarily a problem of their race but of their culture. But you can't bring that up or discuss the issue because of the racist card and because of that, the problem will never get solved, black on black crime/gang culture/etc will never go away because it's an untouchable subject.
>>
>>3985
>Also, why is there a "non profit" group defending blacks in fucking Brazil?
Of all the places too. I'd expect this bullshit to happen in Sweden
>>
>>3979
I kinda want to see my comments on a billboard tbh
>>
>>5754
A single one isn't too expensive. I reckon you could rent one at your local train station.
>>
>>5686
That last paragraph is spot-on.
>>
>>5273
Refuting bullshit usually requires more effort than making it up. I can make a fucking essay about why racism is retarded but the other person can ignore it and go "niggers r dum lol"
>>
>>3985
inb4 Ben Garrison appears on one of these billboards
>>
>>6617
Ben garrison fucks goats.
>>
>>6617
I'm going to bet that if he does, it's just going to be one of his cartoons with his name blurred out and their logo and slogan by it

The most hilarious shit about that is that it would end up being a PR nightmare, people will be complaining about it, and they'd back it up saying "It's supposed to be saying Racism is bad!", but after a while it will just appear to be having the opposite effect. Both sides will be fighting eachother physically while a bunch of people in between will probably complain to the organization or just watch from their house. The shitstorm would be glorious.
>>
i love how liberals are so virtuous and "on the right side of history" they pretty much have to get all of their work done by slander, running to tattle on someone's employer, armed force, etc.
>>
>>6850
I love how Americans have no idea what "liberal" means.
>>
>>6890
I love how other countries think everything means the same thing everywhere
>>
>>4760
might as well print those death threats to trump voters or trump himself, or the blatant racism against white people on twitter
nah, just racism, and by that i mean only against blacks :^)
>>
>>4074
>Racists would get doxxed and then that info would be sprayed on the walls around their neighborhoods along with a "KNOWN RACIST" headline.
How do you guys manage to be such nazis while attempting to not be nazis? Are Germans just innately nazis?
>>
>>8115
It really depends on where you live.
There's traditional left-wing districts in Berlin (which is generally considered to be a red city despite the current government).
Then there's places like Dresden.
To generalize, the more people live in one place, and the more foreign influences there are, the less racists you are likely to find. Brandenburg for example is almost empty and can be called a cesspool of brown ideology.
There's also the oddity of the former GDR states tending to combine racism with otherwise left-wing ideology. It's not really a paradox, but it's perplexing to west-German left-wingers who consider racism to be a right-wing thing.
>>
>>7034
Particularly on an American-majority American website.
>>
>>7034
But isn't it strange, that "liberal", which means free, refers to support of big government in the USA?
>>
>>3985
So people are wasting their money to buy billboards because somebody said something mean on facebook? It's really hard to take these PC shitters seriously.
>>
>>8547
Meanwhile in the US, there's literally a series of Anti-Smoking PSAs, that don't show or talk about any consequence about smoking, except for "Big Tobacco gets money! Oh no!"
>>
>>3985
the point is for the poster to be scared shitless without getting him killed
>>
>>9075
I don't really know why they'd be scared shitless if their name and picture is blurred out. If anything, they'd most likely be flattered
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.