[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The NSA’s SKYNET program may be killing thousands of innocent people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: drone-on-tarmac-640x413.jpg (24 KB, 640x413) Image search: [Google]
drone-on-tarmac-640x413.jpg
24 KB, 640x413
http://arstechnica.co.uk/security/2016/02/the-nsas-skynet-program-may-be-killing-thousands-of-innocent-people/

Just wait until Emperor Trump gets a hold of this technology.
>>
The depressing part is that this isn't even slightly surprising.
>>
Rand could of stopped this.
>>
We are the fucking terrorists
>>
anyone else a little put off by the name, even a little?
>>
>>23739
Sounds like terminator or something
>>
>>23732
one day there will be a libertarian city named new athens. The day is coming, new rome has already fallen to the caeser. It is only time before the cycle begins anew
>>
>>23807
Does anyone actually believe in libertarianism? I thought it was a joke all along
>>
>>23818
Conservatives that like to smoke weed. It used to be a thing when it was viable, but most young right wingers have turned to hard nationalism due to the racial attacks and the fact that the media defends/promotes it.
>>
>>23726
>"may be killing"
You should realise that (Hopefully) they're not just going "Oh, the computer told us to kill this person, let's do it".
>>
>>23739
yeah, I thought OP was making a joke
>>
Sounds like a highly biased and judgemental piece, but considering NASA is a US govt entity, the tech developed within will likely be used by other government organizations. I mean NASAs aeronautics program is a civilian focused second DARPA afterall.
>>
>>23836
Unfortunately that's exactly what's happening.
It's not like intel/spying don't have a place in war, but this is just madness.
>>
>>23836
you should realise that crooked intel said WMD in iraq, and there they went on a happy killing spree. they'll do whatever they want, if it suits their interests. innocence or guilt is not the selection criteria
>>
>>23787
Yeah I thought that too
>>
If something like this was happening to United States citizens, and it became public, it would be a disaster.
>>
>>23726

Why does 4chan have to ruin every good board? This could have been good...but no. Instead, /pol/ is screaming nigger every chance it gets and /x/ is posting this retarded bullshit.
>>
>>23931
>you should realise[sic] that crooked intel said WMD in iraq,

That was deliberate.
>>
>>24071
what's a good way to tell something is bullshit without clicking on the article?
>>
>>24071
Nigger!!!
>>
If you guys don't like what the gov is doing, turn to anarchy for a little while and let the populace sort this shit out with lead and anger. Well reorganize when we're done.
>>
>>23732
yeah, like he stopped Monsanto, right?

Go fuck yourself, shill.

Rand is a far cry from Ron. I voted for Ron twice, I'll never vote for fucking Rand the politician, Rand the Compromiser, Rand the Ringwraith.
>>
>>24071
The NSA is /x/ now.

Next thing you know, water being wet will be touted as the latest tin-foil-hat, crazy, kooky, woo-woo conspiracy theory.
>>
>>24071
Because edgy teenagers can post and think they're funny by repeating some meme. I just ignore them. Sometimes, you even get full grown men, trying to relive the golden days of /b/ despite the fact that they were never even here before 2014.
>>
>write a story about the evils of mass surveillance
>publish it on a website that doesn't support TLS
>>
>>23787
terminator: war of the machines
>>
Having watched terminator, this is as frightening as fuck
>>
>They're actually serious and name the program Skynet

We are in the wrong timeline.
>>
>>23917
NSA not NASA
>>
>>24558
Only 13 more years until the machines take over
>>
>>23726
>SKYNET engages in mass surveillance of Pakistan's mobile phone network, and then uses a machine learning algorithm on the cellular network metadata of 55 million people to try and rate each person's likelihood of being a terrorist
Well, we're fucked
Thanks murrica
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.