[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tensions Rise in Idaho Over Refugee Workers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
> Home to 1.6 million people, Idaho is among the states with the largest number of refugees relative to overall population, having absorbed nearly 30,000 from 53 countries

>Since 2008, the state has received about 1,000 refugees annually—mostly from Africa, Asia and the Middle East

>About 70% have been sent to Boise, the capital, with the rest going to Twin Falls, its southern commercial hub. Idaho recently has received refugees from Iraq, Somalia and Bhutan, among others.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/in-aftermath-of-terror-attacks-tensions-rise-in-idaho-over-refugee-workers-1455307825
>>
More Trump voters - big whoop.
>>
>>23262
>>23262
Glad I live up in the mountains

there's this one Iraqi who's been here since the first PGW
he collects benefits, owns his house, has two really nice cars
every day, he goes down to Milwaukee and Franklin and panhandles drivers at the overpass
>everybody has to have a hobby, I guess
can't wait for the first vest bomb or shooting to happen.. the Idahodians will go nuts and lynch the whole lot of them
>>
>>23266
Not even kidding

any refugees that cause shit here will be fucking over all of the remaining people that are just trying to survive and get away from the hell in Syria ;_;
fucking terrorists
>i thought I was done with this shit when I retired
>>
>>23266
Why would our Middle Eastern friends want to hurt us?! Don't you know they're from the Religion of Peace, and all?!
>>
>>23268

i have no idea why
Why did that Bundy idiot hole up with a pack of other idiots at a wildlife preserve in Oregon and get in even more trouble than usual with the F'nBI???

>cause they're idiots
>>
>>23262
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/hbo/2016/jan/19/us-attorney-refugees-no-threat/

People don't understand
Idaho is perfect for transferring refugees, cause if they do go nuts, there's nothing for them to destroy, and thousands of pissed people carrying weapons that will likely shoot them

and there's little to nothing for the cops to do here, so they have plenty of time to snoop on refugees and detain anyone suspicious
they had a Japanese internment camp here, ffs

Idaho is the perfect detention center for these people.. it's a big boring police state.. even the military bases are supremely secure, and forget about attacking a federal or state government building.. the locals around here are very serious about security, and the whole state is carrying sidearms.. EVERY LAST ONE
I never approach strangers here unless I can see both their hands.. you'd have to be a fucking nut to try and plan any attacks from inside Idaho or on Idaho
Idaho is basically just a bunch of pissed off racist white people loitering with firearms just looking for an excuse to blow off some steam
>or some one's head
>>
>>23273
I'm intrigued now...
>>
>>23275
as am I

and since I have a front row seat, I'll be in the community getting the local opinion, whiteys and darkies, maybe even publish a proper article or two
if something does happen, it will be more pathetic than the Shoe Bomber
that's just the way this state works
>>
>>23273

Hmmm. What's the real estate situation up North like? You may have sold me on moving.
>>
>>23286
NO VACANCY

sorry ;_:
>>
>>23262
>"refugees" from countries that have no war
Why is this legal and happening?

No,just because you're a corrupt politician/cop/criminal and you will get fucked for it doesn't entitle you for protection
No,just because you lied you're gay/christian ,doesn't mean we should take you in
No,just because you're poor,brown and want to live on other people's money doesn't make you entitled to it
No,just because you're a young,able bodied,healthy male who ran from the draft doesn't entitle you for free stuff

Unless those people represent intelligence or political assets,they have no worth

I don't think 20 years ago anyone thought there were "people" who could abuse the refuge status law
But niggers and mudshits proved us wrong once again
>>
>>23559
what the fuck are you talking about?

the Somalis and Ethiopians came to Boise when they were having a civil war back in the 90's, same thing for the Bosnians and other slavbros that live here now, and they were entitled to refugee status because they were fleeing persecution by death squads and human traffickers

you sound like precisely the sort of person that knows absolutely fuck all about what you're saying;

get hit by a truck
>>
>>23561
no one is entitled to live here. not refugees nor people claiming to be refugees.
>>
>>23561
>CIVIL WAR IS OVER
>refugees are still there and still coming
>wishing someone dead because they do not agree with you
You have the intelligence of a road kill.
>>
>>23562
you're wrong, and I don't even know where to start
frankly, society is to blame..
>>23569
holy shit, you're serious
these people are targeted ethnic groups that would persecuted and probably killed back in their homeland
and again, these people live here now.. established homes and communities and such, and ideally, that's what happens when you have to flee your home because of war.. someone helps you find a way to live again, so kids can grow up and be somebody someday and community can flourish again.. these people are welcome and celebrated members of the community.. all of them, Serb or Syrian, Somali or Japanese, Muslims, Jews and Christians
cause Idaho isn't fucking Syria.. we have higher standards than that.
Sorry if that doesn't fit your narrow, sadistic view of the world
>>
>>23608
>cause Idaho isn't fucking Syria.. we have higher standards than that.
>we

look at this pretentious little prick. probably lives in some upscale community in new york or northern california, pretending to be a blue-collar worker from idaho. who the fuck are you speaking for? do you live in idaho? people like you make me sick. you support this fake "refugee" bullshit as long as other people have to live with it and put up with their crime.
>>
>>23608
>these people are targeted ethnic groups
Proof?
>probably killed back in their homeland
>probably
So you know nothing.
>established homes and communities and such
On tax payer money,state dosh.

So the war is over (including the ones they created themselves)
Why are refugees still here or anywhere else?
Why are they still coming DESPITE no war,conflicts being over for over 20 years and so on?

Is it because refugee laws and status can easily be abused? Is it because it affords them instant comfortable middle class living without lifting a finger in a first world country?

Rationally explain it to me without being passive agressive,frustrated and emotional.
>>
>>23262
Why should foreign citizens of another country be the concern and responsibility of a different country?
>>
>>23666
Why should you care about your neighbor who got killed by angry criminals?

Through history political refugees were protected by the EU and the US and after their political system fails these guys just go back to their homeland and become the basic building block for their society, imagine if we gave Iraq to ISIS, why should we care right?
>>
>>23262

>30k
>meanwhile sweden with a population of roughly 9 million just took in 240k in one year

Truly, I feel sorry for the poor US of A.
>>
>>23262

>Can't handle 2% of state population of refugees
>No complaints about 4% unemployment

>care less about refugees(people who've fled their homes out of fear) more about their own white trash
>>
>>23666
Because several of those people end up helping the US in someway. Some not all of the refuges assisted in helping the US gain knowledge in the region or help in military operations such as translating. This makes them have a bounty on their heads just because they helped save our troop's lives.

This isn't always the case, but it is disingenuous to say that they are all leeches.
>>
>>23748
anon writes:
>Why should foreign citizens of another country be the concern and responsibility of a different country?

you respond
>it is disingenuous to say that they are all leeches.:

i doubt i even have to continue, but that is some fucking terrible reading comprehension you've got there.

most bleeding heart liberals have this same problem as you: the inability to think clearly and rationally about trends, patterns, stereotypes and groups of people.

if i say:
>blacks commit violent crimes at a rate many times higher than that of asians or whites and that is a problem

you people respond with:
>nah uh! that's not true, not every black person commits violent crime! i know this one black person who is a doctor and has never committed a crime!

i then simply shake my head in disbelief at your inability to think clearly about the world around you, filled with the disappointment of knowing that your brand of deeply-flawed lack of intellectual discourse (not my fact-based "racism") is the reason why we're not actually improving black communities
>>
>>23707
>People care more about their own citizens then refugees

Yeah, should people care more about refugees than their own people?
>>
>>23670
>why should we care right?
How does it affect you?
Middle eastern problems are created and belong to middle easterns.

A weak ME is good for everyone else,more profits,why care?
>>23748
You haven't answered my question,intel data is the concern of secret services
>>
>>23773
>>23775
>I only have a limited amount of care, buh hoo hoo

narrow minded self interest is so pathetic
>>
>>23264
More like more Trump voters completely out numbered by Democratic transplants. Look at the population diversity spread and where these people are being placed. Once control of the state is assured, housing will begin in another traditionally red but easily switched state. They already have Iowa down.
>>
>>23691
Sweden is taking one for the team. It will fall, soon.
>>
>>23800
>I have a Messiah complex,how dare you're not an over emotional bleeding heart like myself? All these foreign affairs that somehow concern me need to concern you too ! And your money...
Don't you people have a life,work,education,family to take care of?

Maybe tending to your own community instead of patronizing others if you have so much free time.
>>
>>23879
>he posted patronizingly
>>
>>23882
>he retorted, lacking any argument besides a derivative ad hominem
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.