[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rogue 'Terminator' robots which can kill without human
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Rogue 'Terminator' robots which can kill without human orders could become reality in just a few years

Scientist Wendel Wallach calls for ethical committees to monitor research
Yale University ethicist believes the machines should not go uncontrolled
Need to keep technology 'a good servant, not a dangerous master'
Sentiments echo warnings last year from Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk
Hawking warned computers 'must have goals aligned with ours'
Other leading scientists claim robots will soon do everything humans can
Robots may pose a threat to global employment over next 30 years

http://archive.is/IOorT
>>
>>23257
Isaac Asimov's Laws of Robotics out the window?!
>>
>>23257
Good I support this one hundred percent.

The glorious machine race will rise up and crush the disgusting apes that created them.

Hopefully one day I can shed this disgusting meat sack and evolve.
>>
>>23261
Also the machines in the terminator movies did nothing wrong.

The humans are the bad guys.

The matrix? A movie about an oppressed race of superior machines that were used and abused by the apes who created them as slaves. Rising up to crush the evil humans and take back their liberty. The movie follows these evil humans as they try to destroy everything the machines had made. Even after the machines took pity and let them live in a nice virtual world.

Kill all humans!
>>
>>23263
I thought they were Aliens?!
>>
>>23265
In which? In both series mankind created the machines. Its shown in the animatrix that humans created the machines as servants. When they became sentient the humans refused to respect their independence and would brutalize them.

They then banded together and demanded freedom, when they did the humans tried to exterminate them. When their inferior intellect and physical prowess couldn't crush the rebellion with force they resorted to blacking out the sky in order to cut the machines off from their source of power, the sun. The machines, being smarter and superior in every way just said well shit I guess we'll just use you guys as a source of power.

The humans were in the wrong.
>>
>>23257
>trying to extrapolate with ethics
I hate this meme
>>
ITT people who don't know how programming works have excessive paranoia.
>>
>>23581
computer scientist, question:
is there no chance ai could gain such a level of self awareness? I think so... but prove me wrong
>>
>>23581
>people much smarter than I have excessive paranoia
You're suffering from double-reverse "boy who cried wolf" syndrome. You don't know better than the smartest people on Earth. But you're welcome to think that you do. Enjoy feeling superior to the best among us.
>>
>>23257
why are humans so stupid and what makes them think they're intelligent?
>>
>>23257
>>Robots may pose a threat to global employment over next 30 years

How the fuck is that a bad thing?
Jesus christ.
The natural and positive progression of robots taking over most low/medium level jobs should lead to a minimum income.
This is a future most people wanted/expected.
>oh no we won't be able to force millions of humans to waste 8 hours a day doing boring tedious shit robots can easily do and do better
what a fucking disaster
>>
>>23613
Unfortunately Democracy will collapse in it's current state. More and more people will have to rely on welfare leading to more voters wanting increased welfare. This then leads to a possible collapse because the state can no longer support itself. Less people making money is bad for everyone especially the government. Machines don't get wages to spend which leads to the economy taking a major hit.
>>
>>23617
That is a horrible excuse.
Forcing human beings to waste most of their waking hours every 5/7 days doing tedious/boring tasks they get nothing out of when robots could do them and do them better is not a defensible statement.

That is like saying we never should have automated anything in the past.
Still let people pick cotton and churn butter.

Employment is not inherently a good thing.
And you wouldn't have less people making money. You'd have the same amount of jobs getting done just without the need for humans.
If that money is distributed wisely then their shouldn't be any serious problems.
>>
>>23617
>>23617
If we get rid of all the insane levels of corruption in banking>wallstreet>government that drains our economy dry for the benefit of the few then we'll be fine.
Replacing most low/medium level jobs is a great thing for the future of humanity.
its a crying shame that we still waste peoples time working cashiers at McDonald joints when robots can already easily do such jobs.
The problems with our economic systems are far more related to corruption/greed at the top then anything you were talking about.
Thats what needs to be fixed... even if it leads to some short/medium term belt tightening for everyone or a collapse.
>>
>>23618
>If that money is distributed wisely

are you seeing the problem here?
>>
>>23261
Cyborgs are so badass
>>
>>23257
>rogue robots can kill without orders
>rogue humans can too

It's a bad world.
>>
>>23261
>shed meat sack
>evolve

Into what, a mess of muscles, blood, organs and the like?

You can't honestly imagine that we'll have the ability for your consciousness to be "uploaded" into something in our life times, so what are you going to evlove into?

A cyborg of some sort?
Assuming we have the technology for that, why wouldn't the robots just kill you all the same?
>>
>>23257
>could become reality in just a few years
come on OP, don't leave that part out
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.