[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Websites of use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
What websites does /news/ use to get their news about what's going on in the world?

Currently, I've bookmarked Euronews, Fox News, The Courier, CNN, Sky News and RT, but I feel there are better and less biased ones.

So, who are the news' master race?

>Obligatory link:
http://www.euronews.com/2016/02/12/can-france-order-facebook-to-show-nude-pictures/
>>
>>23074
>RT
>less biased

the key is spreading the bias out:
Drudge Report
Xinhua
Farsnews
Haaretz
Al Jazeera
NHK World
CNN
Fox News
Pravda
>>
>Fox News
Kek
>>
Spidr.duckdns.org
>>
>>23080
true /news/man answer
>>
RT is the best news channel,
>>
>>23090
RT is the bomb!
>>
>>23074
Google news is nice imo because it gets articles from a bunch of different sites
>>
>>23080
one of my better homepages
>>
>>23094
2nd best compared to >>23080
, but a fine aggregator nonetheless
>>
>>23074
bloomeberg is actually ok, although they focus mostly on finance.
>>
>FOX
How about The Young Turks ?
>>
http://blog.ted.com/100_websites_yo/
>>
>>23080
It's spidr.today now. Update your bookmarks, the duckdns address will soon point to null.
>>
>>23074
AP and Reuters are pretty non biased
>>
who Reason here
>>
>>23183
AP is weird. They never go into depth or detail. Lots of commonplace and banality.
>>
The onion does a good job of making me aware of global events, after that I look up the actual event if I'm interested.
>>
>>23183
Probably the MOST correct answer here
>>
>>23190
they are more of a collaboration center for multiple news publications

You see the occasional AP article, but they keep it dry cause they have a lot of papers putting out different details and POV
>>
>>23074

Democracy now is pretty good but everyone is biased. objectivity is impossible with primates.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdWWrU2nnR4
>>
NYT?

BBC occasionally

Wired, lol
>>
>>23074
I get all my news from /pol/
>>
>>23212
I don't like Democracy Now because they always try to present some "alternative" view too hard, which often means they invite some crazy/biased guy on their show who's spewing bullshit. They strongly prefer anti-west activists and useful idiots for authoritarian regimes.
>>
>>23100
not really Okay, they admitted pandering to authoritarian regimes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/21/business/international/bloomberg-should-have-rethought-articles-on-china-chairman-says.html
>>
>>23090
>>23091

yeah, right.
>literally authoritarian Putin regime propaganda
>>
>>23076
There's a huge difference between historic bias of a company and outright manipulation by authoritarian regimes.

For this reason I'd skip the Xinhuas, RTs and Pravdas of the world.
>>
>Foreign Policy
>The Economist
>Bloomberg
>Reuters
>StratFor
>NyTimes
>>
>>23176
YES, YOUR MAJESTY.

ALL HAIL THE KING OF /news/.
>>
Depends where you are anon, here in au:

The Diplomat
Cryptogon
Ads Technica
The Delimiter
The Conversation
Crickey
>>
AP
AFP
Reuters
UP
>>
The economist or local chicago papers.
>>
>>23511
>the Trib
>Sun-Times
fuck off
>>
>>23074
Yeah it's called the fucking BBC
>>
>>23531
>Today on BBC World Service:

>In the Balance: Why don't they pay more?
>Heart and Soul: Me and my turban

Those are literally the first two headlines on their site. They obviously don't have an agenda.
>>
As of late I read between the lines on lllllllllllled 'dit and what I can fantasize are the comments of open discussion. I am here because I like news and the discussion is believabble.
>>
>>23074

WSJ
>>
theintercept.org
>>
Isn't RT literal Russian propaganda?
>>
>>23190

not true. they have lots of intelligence contacts; they often break important stories. eg;

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/9f77a17c001f4cf3baeb28990b0d92eb/ap-investigation-nuclear-smugglers-sought-terrorist-buyers

>>23348

/pol/ is also an excellent source of news

I can't tell you how many times I've read something on /pol/ that's picked up by google news hours or even days later
>>
>>23074
https://www.google.com.br/alerts#
>>
>tfw only news channel i watch was allahu akbar america,and it's gonna shut down in 2 months
what are some other good news channels on dish
liberal shit need not apply
>>
really
>>
Multiple times daily:
NYTimes
Daily Beast

Daily:
NPR
VoA
PBS

Situational:
Foreign Policy
The New Yorker
C-SPAN video archives
LA Times
The Atlantic
The Smithsonian

Non-American:
Al-Monitor and CEfIP for ME
El Pais for LA
BBC, France 24, and blogs for Africa and Asia (excluding Russia and China)
4chan is my principal source aggregator for Russian and Chinese news.

I refuse to read RT, Press TV, and similar shit. I refuse to watch/listen to cable news, populist partisan radio, documentaries on streaming sites, and the kind of stuff one finds in grocery store check-out lines. The only exception to above is for something like the presidential debates.

With all that said, [peer-reviewed] books, primary sources, and academic databases all take precedent.
>>
>>24991
If anyone could recommend good, consistant sources for the Balkans and Middle Europa I would be appreciative. The entire area is Greek to me.

If I was pressed I would probably pick a paper from Poland, Germany, and Turkey, but if there's one or two sources that capture the domestic and regional politics better/ more efficiently I want to know.
>>
>>23176
>based motherfuckin' SPIDR

that's all
i don't have anything else to add to that
>>
>>23080
Thanks, I'm new to this board and never heard of this one before.
Seems really good.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.