[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
India summons US Ambassador to register displeasure at selling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: l_98054_104843_updates[1].jpg (26 KB, 650x380) Image search: [Google]
l_98054_104843_updates[1].jpg
26 KB, 650x380
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-13/india-to-summon-u-s-ambassador-on-plan-to-sell-jets-to-pakistan

>India will summon the U.S. ambassador to convey its “displeasure” at the planned sale of F-16 fighter jets to neighbor Pakistan.

>The U.S. State Department notified Congress on Friday that it had approved the sale of eight Block 52 Lockheed Martin fighters valued at $699 million, government aides said. The jets will be used to support Pakistan counterterrorism operations against militants, they said.

>“We disagree with their rationale that such arms transfers help to combat terrorism,” Indian Foreign Ministry spokesman Vikas Swarup said on Twitter. “The record of the last many years in this regard speaks for itself.”

>U.S. Congress has 30 days to approve the sale, which will be announced publicly on Saturday. The planes are powered by Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 engines and pilots will use the Boeing Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System.

>India and Pakistan have fought four wars and are home to the world’s fastest-growing nuclear arsenals and the most militarized border. India was the second-largest buyer of U.S. arms in 2014 and is vying to become one of the first countries to import armed Predator Avenger drones from the U.S., a move that would allow it to remotely drop a bomb on any square inch of Pakistan.

>Pakistan previously bought 18 Block 52 F-16s as part of a $5.1 billion arms package that included electronics and weapons upgrades for 46 existing Pakistan F-16s.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/98054-India-summons-US-envoy-over-sale-of-F-16-to-Pakistan

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/us-proposed-sale-of-f-16s-to-pakistan-likely-to-face-resistance-1277006
>>
>>22958
Find your own person to do your dirty work, loo-boys.
>>
Are they old US Air Force F-16s? Or are they brand new F-16s?

Isn't the tech behind the F-16 like 40 years old? You'd think they'd only be selling F-22s or even F-18s exclusively by now.
>>
dammit pajeet
>>
>>22958
Are you serious? Pakistan?

What the fuck America?
>>
>>22958
India's French jets will fuck everything Pakistan could ever muster, and Pakistan is more or less a an ordinance sponge for US drones/ a wildlife reserve for terrorists, so the state is overdue for some (non-intelligence services) domestic capabilities.

India's insecurity is 99.9% not Pakistan, but if I was a politician there and this landed on my lap the first thing I would leverage it towards is more academic exchanges with the US. It's a shameful thing to see so much talent going unappreciated/ underutilized in London.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.