[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mexico defiant on paying for our wall.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 1
File: us mexico border wall flag.jpg (41 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
us mexico border wall flag.jpg
41 KB, 1024x683
They will be paying for it...

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/08/mexico-wont-pay-single-cent-for-trumps-stupid-wall.html
>>
Sounds like clickbait but, mexico wont pay for wall, maybe in taxes.
But if you guys remove NAFTA maybe...
>>
>>21944
What isn't cllickbait on /news/?!
>>
Well duh.
The wall talk is just fluff.
Get this clickbait outta here.
This guy isn't even president anymore.
>>
>>21963
The important thing is he's an insider on how Mexico operates, and he gives clues on how things are. Like when he said that the wall won't work - how could the wall not work?! They probably have something planned. Probably... ladders!
>>
>>21964
Well its not like its gonna built anyway.
Now on to read more news articles.
Hmm autistic monkyes.
Nice
>>
>>21965
Donald Trump changed the world at least once before... he'll do so again and this time the wall will be significantly higher than the Great Wall of China
>>
>>21966
All right buddy. Since we are shitposting now.
How about a moat some crocodiles and chained up hungry niggers guarding the gate?
>>
>>21967
Bring it on! Heck, weren't they discussing bringing back slavery elsewhere on /news/?!
>>
>>21969
You mean the slaves isis has?
>>
They'll pay for it

t. Donald Trump
>>
Trump is gonna make the Mexicans pay for it... with their lives.

When the Chinese built the great wall, they employed the labor of slaves and criminals. Many of whom died during the construction and added their bodies to the wall's foundation.

That is how the Mexicans will pay for it. We will employ them under the guise of the cheap, physical labor they so love, when in fact it is nothing more than a clever ruse to cull off the illegals.
>>
Just build the wall out of Mexicans.
>>
>>21937
The Mexican government stands more to gain politically from refusing to pay for the wall than from paying for the wall. The latter of which amounting to political suicide.

>They will be paying for it

No, they really really won't.
>>
>>22062
They will if the alternative costs them even more money than a wall.
>>
Did anyone honestly think that they were going to pay for it?
>>
>>22069
No they won't they literally cannot agree to it. They'd be crucified. It's far better for them politically to make a stand against the gringos than bend to their whims regardless of how much the economy suffers. Ultimately the people won't blame the Mexican Government they'll blame Trump and the US so they have everything to gain from telling you to fuck off and sticking to their guns and everything to lose by acquiescing. .
>>
>>22062
You may have a point here.
Imagine Russia, China, Iran all on Mexico's side and against the US.
Hell every country will chime in and give their two cents.
This could prove disastrous for Trump
>>
>>22077
So they'll lose trade with us and ruin their economy instead.

That's a popular option with the Mexican people too.
>>
>>22079
One of the reasons I'm so critical of Trump is that he doesn't understand politics or diplomacy, he understand business and from a business perspective the decision to pay for the wall makes sense. Mexico stands too much to lose economically, but from a political pov it makes no sense to agree to pay something that your constituents will hate you forever for.

If the PRI agrees to it they're never getting elected again, not even to a municipal office, the PAN does it same thing, the PRD does it and people might legit be hanging from lightposts.

It's just politically infeasible to agree to pay for a wall that will keep your citizenry inside the country and to top it off do it for the benefit of the guys Mexico demonizes. Rejecting the proposal reinforces the political strength of any party that does so, widens its base and keeps it in power, but Trump either doesn't get this or doesn't care because again he knows business and pandering to the market is what's important in business nvm that it might be retarded.

If Trump had just STFU and sold it as an anti-gun and anti-narcotics wall while talking to the Mexican Government bout the consequences on the down low once he won the presidency it might have worked but at this point? Yeah, no.

Trump was a clumsy fucknut.
>>
>>22084
Believe it or not it works from a political standpoint, look at Iran, the government was reinforced by sanctions and economic stagnation not toppled by it because the source is external and easily turned into a boogeyman. The blame is easily shifted away from the ruling party so it won't hurt the ruling party.

On the flipside you really think collapsing or seriously damaging your neighbors economy is a good way to STOP immigration?
>>
>>22086
Well we have an army with a yearly budget of 1 trillion dollary doos that's capable of building cities in deserts on the other side of the world, so I'm somewhat confident they can keep a bunch of 5'5 bean people from crossing into our native soil fairly easily.

If their economy collapses because they won't control their border, then it's their own fault for not keeping their people from breaking into our place.
>>
>>22090

>muh big military penor
The entire point of the wall is to not spend a fortune deploying military assets to patrol the whole length of the border. You already have people rightly saying the wall is a publicity stunt that's a waste of money and resources as increased patrols would do a better job, the entire problem is the cost of deployment on the whole border and no one being keen onf footing the bill.

It's why this whole "get Mexico to pay for it" thing started.

And are you really criticizing a foreign government for NOT stopping the free movement of its citizenry within their own borders? Would you be happy if the US government told you where to go and where not to go within your own country?

>inb4 they already do they're called military bases

I mean in general, say a national park. What you're asking them to do is unconstitutional both there and here and I'm sure you'd shit all over the US government if they built a wall to keep you in. Mexico can't complain about gun running bringing guns to Mexico because it's their obligation to secure their border. They fail to do that I have no sympathy for them, but this isn't their responsibility, it's yours because they're not breaking any Mexican laws.

You're essentially getting pissy at the Mexican government for NOT being more authoritarian with its populace which is stupid.
>>
>>22085
I don't think he expects them to hand over cash, it would be extra tariffs or similar that raises the money. It's just a rhetorical flourish, Mexico would really pay for it through raised taxes.
>>
>>22111
>You're essentially getting pissy at the Mexican government for NOT being more authoritarian with its populace which is stupid
wtf? The Mexican government doesn't have to be authoritarian, they just need to not be corrupt and completely ineffective. It's a disgrace that drug gangs run the country and openly ignore the law.
>>
>>22126
That has nothing to do with anything, you're just soapboxing over your impotence now. You want them to keep their people in Mexico, that's not their job and is in fact the role of an authoritarian regime, end of story.
>>
>>22125
He's already outlined his plan and it involved redirecting funds from aid to wall building in case Mexico refuses being forced into paying it which is a roundabout way of saying "they'll pay for it" when in reality the US will be paying for it.
>>
>>21967
Don't be a Chump for The Trump-the wall is to keep the slaves in.
>>
>>22111
We spend buttloads of money patrolling the entire world but if we do it defending our own land then it's a disaster, right?
>>
>>22178
...Yeah, sure.
>>
>>21937
correct me if i'm wrong here, but don't we give mexico money to fight the drug cartels? that's probably where trump will pull the wall fund from, because they are doing a terrible job at containing the cartels and don't deserve the money.
>>
>>22130
Mexico will pay for the wall, either directly or indirectly
>>
>>22129
No, the point of the wall is to keep them from entering a country illegally. I respect that there are laws preventing me from entering countries whenever i feel like it. Mexico doesnt want illegal immigrants either, and they patrol their southern border.
>>
>>22237
>No, the point of the wall is to keep them from entering a country illegally
That's fine when it's on your side but asking another country to stop its citizens from moving freely isn't ok, that's not on them and in fact illegal for them. Again, illegal immigrants aren't breaking any laws in Mexico, expecting Mexico to stop them, or even want to, is nonsense.
>>
>>22235
The problem is your "indirect" method is literally the US paying for it and just saying it isn't because reasons.

I understand that money was "supposed" to go to Mexico but if it never does then it wasn't really ever their money was it?
>>
I get the feeling that most of the people that want the wall want it for punitive reasons not practical reasons.
>>
Who even gives a shit who pays for it, it's not even expensive to build.

Just cut some of the gorillions of aid or trade that goes to Mexico and call it a day.
>>
>>22240
Well it would keep people from literally just walking into the country from god knows where, so that's about as practical as you get.

Plus, it's not some limp dick "border security" that can just be shitcanned 8 years later, so successors can't just pull out border patrol and give them orders to stand down like what's currently happening.
>>
>>22241
>Who even gives a shit who pays for it
Americans apparently since Trump had to do the whole "I'll get Mexico to pay for it" thing instead of just saying "we'll build a wall".
>>
>>22242
>Plus, it's not some limp dick "border security" that can just be shitcanned 8 years later

You know a wall is pointless without both constant maintenance and border security. Right?
>>
>>22244
All he'd need to do is renegotiate our trade deficit to cover like 8 billion dollary doos. It's literally nothing and could easily be done because we basically own Mexico.
>>
>>22245
And then the next guy has to deal with fallout of having the wall fucked up, because it's an actual observable object that people can point to and say, "Why the fuck are you letting this fall apart?"

It's not a winning situation to be in when the entire world owns a camera.
>>
>>22242
>Well it would keep people from literally just walking into the country from god knows where
It probably won't.
>>
>>22247
>And then the next guy has to deal with fallout of having the wall fucked up
Are you serious? What makes you think the people that care about the wall are in the constituency of the guy/lady that would let the wall go to shit to begin with?
>>
>>22248
It would make it significantly harder.

Oh but it won't stop everyone so let's just not even bother because 8-10 billion bux is just too much for our fiscally conservative politicians to dare risk spending on border security when we can be buying 1/3 of a new fighter jet instead.

>>22249
What makes you think that literally nobody will either care about or even mention it falling into disrepair?

It's not easy to ignore a giant wall, and if someone fucks it up they can just get reamed years later by someone else that brings it up when they run for election, just like anyone else.
>>
>>22250
>What makes you think that literally nobody will either care about or even mention it falling into disrepair?
What makes you think I said that? Let me guess, you're going to act like I totes said that even though what I said was:

>What makes you think the people that care about the wall are in the constituency of the guy/lady that would let the wall go to shit to begin with?

Aren't you?

>It's not easy to ignore a giant wall, and if someone fucks it up they can just get reamed years later by someone else that brings it up when they run for election

That's fine, I don't really care if that happens just don't act like a wall is some permanent solution not subject to the same limitations as everything else. It needs funding and maintenance too and is far more useless if it isn't manned. All things equally subject to, as you put it being, "shitcanned 8 years later".
>>
>>22250
>It would make it significantly harder.

In what way?

>Oh but it won't stop everyone

No see, it probably won't stop anyone. It's literally the crappiest solution to illegal immigration and the one you shat on? It's actually probably more effective but it would be hard so no one likes that.
>>
>>21937
It is crazy that we're still ramming our heads against Trump at this point. Trump spouts fluff, mostly. Now have people listened to Cruz on his wall? Both parties are getting pushed so far to each side the general will be interesting to say the least.

Even Hilary is getting pulled along, wonder how much her team is worried not to shut down Sanders and not continue falling down that road.
>>
>seriously considering building a wall across a continent
>2016

Why are Americans so dumb?
>>
>>21937
I'm just gunna leave this here.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trump-says-his-wall-would-cost-8-billion
>>
>>22255
>In what way?
Because there would be a fucking wall in their wall?
>>
>>22285

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfVENwfeGHw

It's a stupid fucking idea and the only way it would work is if it was continuously manned but at that point you might as well just use the personnel and save money on actually building anything.
>>
>>22287
A piece of shit fucking fence is not a wall.
>>
>>22287
Also, our federal budget is around 3.5 TRILLION dollars, and a wall would cost maybe 8-10 billion.

What logical reason is there to not build one when it's a teeny tiny fraction of our yearly budget?

There's no argument against it aside from "lol but it's dumb!". We can even use the military budget to build it, seeing as how they'll just waste it on killing some goatfuckers 8,000 miles away alternatively.
>>
>>22292
>would cost maybe 8-10 billion
according to Trump, CATO institute begs to differ.
>>
>>22292
>There's no argument against it aside from "lol but it's dumb!"
You ignoring arguments doesn't make them go away.

>it probably won't work
>if it does it won't be too effective
>alternatives are much more effective
>it's a waste of money
>we'll be paying for a bridge to nowhere

Have all been said in this thread, you're just ignoring them.
>>
>>22295
It won't work says who, exactly? The people that want open borders?

A wall has worked literally every other time it was built in whatever country you want to sample, or I guess you can ignore the Israeli wall, the Berlin wall, the great wall of China, and whatever other walls out there built to keep people out.

>it won't be effective

Alright, please go pull something out of your ass that actually says a wall won't work or be effective or fuck off, because just filling a thread with:

>"A wall won't work"
>why?
>"Because it won't"
>Oh ok

Is probably the most retarded thing realistically to happen, and is exactly where it's going

>A waste of money
Literally nobody complains about the government flushing trillions for 0 gain, but 8 billion is too large of an investment right?

You can say whatever you want, but it doesn't make you right, because you're so painfully wrong I want to reach into basic TCP/IP and punch you in the mouth for being so monstrously stupid.
>>
>>22294
I think I'll trust a world-reknowned Realtor with decades of experience of building under budget over CATO
>>
>>22278
>>22278
>seriously considering digging a canal through an entire continent
>1880
Why are French so dumb?
>>
>>22300
What happen when they just tunnel under it? Or for narcotics, etc, just sling it over the wall?
>>
>>22328
The same thing that happens today only not as easily. Just because it doesn't solve every problem fully doesn't mean you can ignore the good aspects of something.
>>
>>22336
> Just because it doesn't solve every problem fully
It's funny that there's such a big brou-ha-ha over something that doesn't even fully solve the problem. A ~1,000 mile eye sore is all it is, and that loud-mouthed Trump is indebted to it! Why doesn't go work on some other project he has planned for the United States like ummm, err, ummm... nada.
>>
>>22126
It's a disgrace our country is run by rich fucks who openly ignore the law.
>>
>>22300
>A wall has worked literally every other time it was built in whatever country you want to sample

>Israeli wall, the Berlin wall,
Not comparable and completely different use, Berlin wall was heavily patrolled, mined, and manned. Israeli wall same difference and made to keep a quasi-military group in check.

>the great wall of China

Ultimately a failure that would have been better replaced by mobile army groups.

>Is probably the most retarded thing realistically to happen, and is exactly where it's going

You're not explaining why it would work. Drug traffickers will dig under it, cut through it, fly over it, or bribe their way through a checkpoint like they've been doing since the start of the drug war. Immigrants will just start relying more and more on coyote human traffickers that will do the same thing, there is no instance in which a wall is more effective than adequately manned, maintained and funded patrols.

>Literally nobody complains about the government flushing trillions for 0 gain, but 8 billion is too large of an investment right?
>HURR BUT WE WASTE MONEY ON OTHER THINGS SO IT'S OK IF WE DO IT AGAIN

Thank's for saying I'm right.

>but it doesn't make you right

You literally just said I was right but that it's fine because we waste money on other things. You're a retard.
>>
>>22301
Why? He has a vested political interest in being right while the other ones have no dog in the fight.
>>
>>22328
Forcing people to dig gigantic tunnels that can be BTFO is a better option than doing nothing and letting them just waltz in.

If we actually have the wall staffed they shouldn't be able to get as much over it either.

Seriously, we have the technology to detect a fucking hole in the ground, I mean come on, it's 2016.

>>22384
>Durr it's not the same as the thing that doesn't even exit yet

Epic dude
>>
>>22385
Anyone that makes their money off public policy anything has a dog in the fight.
>>
>>22384
You're not explaining why it wouldn't work aside from massive and intentional corruption or negligence with no a single human being with a functional brain being in charge of anything of even modest consequence ever for any reason until the end of time.

If you have to bank on literally everyone in the country being too retarded to stand on a wall or monitor a piece of land properly, then you might as well just eat a bullet because the country should have collapsed 6 gorillion times now and is overdue to drop dead at any given second.

I seriously don't understand this line of logic because it'd 20000000% depending on every living human being north of the border being brain dead, as they're endlessly outwitted by 75 IQ Mexicans.
>>
>>22411
>You're not explaining why it wouldn't work
I explained why it wouldn't work, because people are people and they find a way around static objects.

You are a retard if you keep on sticking to your guns at this point.

A wall is just an object, it's a thing, it isn't a system and it's a waste of money. Border patrol is a system and it doesn't actually need a wall to be effective.
>>
>>22409

The CATO institute doesn't and if you're going to continue to insist they do I demand you conclusively demonstrate how.

Trump wants to sell the wall, of course he's going to underplay the cost.

>>22407
A cross continental border wall to stop immigrants is not the same thing as the Berlin Wall, I don't think that's much of a stretch retard.
>>
>>22407
They already dig tunnels without the wall in place because that's how good modern patrols and technology is, a wall is redundant and pointless. The money is better used in paying more agents, buying more cameras, and expanding the drone and helicopter force but idiots like you want an actual physical thing to look at because you can't understand the world without it.
>>
>>22084
Buddy, once people in CA and all the,yuppie states lose their year round availability of avocados, fruits and vegetables, we'll see who will start to lose more

>inb4 we already make enough food
Nah. If we did we wouldnt be importing agricultural commodities from literally all,ober the world
>>
>hurr they won't pay for the wall
Once we end remittances until they foot the bill they will change their tune real quick.
>>
>>22592
>Once we end remittances until they foot the bill they will change their tune real quick.

The Mexican establishment gives 0 fucks about the economic impact of denying illegal immigrants' families their wage. When push comes to shove, they have just as much national pride as Americans, and "building the wall" is a complete egg in the face to them.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.