[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superbowl ads preach social justice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9XqYAzbmTI

https://archive.is/W6ysV

Will this be the year that Super Bowl ads finally get women right?
The usual trope of unknown women in tiny bikinis has been scrapped in favor of powerful women like grand dame Helen Mirren, tennis superstar Serena Williams, soccer player Abby Wambach, and comedian Amy Schumer.
The brands oft-criticized for objectifying women will be far and few between: GoDaddy already announced it wouldn't be advertising, and Carl Jr’s — unless it's planning a surprise ad — will also likely be sitting it out.
SEE ALSO: Super Bowl advertisers just want America to have fun this year
Instead, more and more ads this year have a social good undertone: Mini USA encouraged viewers to defy and ignore stereotypes, Mirren warned of the risks of drinking and driving, and Axe will be showing a 30 second spot of its “Find Your Magic” campaign, which, radically, includes a celebration of a man vogueing, Paris is Burning-style.
>>
Mommy, Mommy, the bad ladies are trying to take away my Handegg! Make them stop, Mommy! Make them stop!
>>
>powerful women
>a British actress
>a gorilla
>an America soccer player
>a fat jewish lady whose entire gimmick is shouting "VAGINA" years after Sarah Silverman stopped being funny
I get what they're trying to do, but honestly, they could only get one person who actually matters to show up?
>>
>>21781
Sarah Silverman will always be the beacon of humor and talent when compared to Amy Schumer.
>>
>>21779
classic retarded feminist
>>
>>21779
>letthebutthurtflowthroughyou.jpg
>>
>>21786
Nice projection.

>>21785
> being this obsessed with "retarded feminists"
>>
>>21779
>Implying women belong in sports that aren't volleyball, tennis, softball, and babymaking
>>
>>21790
Your neckbeard is showing.
>>
>>21791
My neckbeard is a badge of honor
>>
>>21801
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>21778
As long as they don't go full retard with the ads, it should be fine. The ad you posted where everyone is insulting the Mini Cooper is just stupid.

>But where ad agencies still aren’t getting it right, industry experts say, is behind the scenes. According to data compiled by Mashable, the companies making the Super Bowl ads this year still mostly have men as their CEOs and in the chief creative roles.
Are they just supposed to fire the preexisting employees? Changing the composition of a workforce doesn't happen overnight and forcing it is sexist.

>“There are more CEOs named John than female CEOs in total,” Winters says. “You combine those facts and it’s not entirely surprising that this [sexism in advertising] still gets through.”
People named John are sexist, good to know.

>One featuring Ryan Reynolds seemed to suggest that women needed a self-braking car to save themselves from distractions like handsome men.
That trope does not at all exist for men. They'd never be so distracted by a drop dead gorgeous lady. Like fucking hell they wouldn't.

>Another ad featuring Kevin Hart stalking his daughter on the first date was funny, says Gordon, but the ad has the girl's boyfriend — not her — drive Hart’s cars. “Why didn’t he let the daughter drive?” Gordon says. “And that was almost a home run.”
Can't men drive as well?
Regardless, people are still brought up with the notion of chivalry towards women. To not hit women, bring them places, hold the door, let women go first, pay for stuff for women, be nice even when your rejected, stand up for them when they are put down, give women rights to child custody, shorter prison sentences or less convictions(I forget which). People make mistakes when trying to treat others equal. Fuck, just look at how people of different denominations of the same religion belittle each other.
>>
>This... is a man's jaw
>>
>>21818
I love u
>>
I think what axe is doing is one of the coolest things ever. Honestly, boys and young men seem to be forgotten when it comes to the self image movement. I myself went through a stage in my younger years when suicide was on my mind all the time because I was ridiculed. I just think it's a good thing to support a positive self image.
>>
I can almost guarantee you that, with an ad like that running during the Super Bowl that car will garner the lowest post Super Bowl sales of all fucking time!

Considering that Feminists and SJWs comprise less than one percent of all actively protesting organizations sales will be very low since the average mainstream American is so sick and tired of all the SJW bullshit they'll boycott that car as a protest, thus teaching both the advertisers and the manufacturer a valueable lesson: do NOT cater to fringe groups!

Letting themselves get butt fucked by the SJWs does not guarantee auto manufacturers higher sales.
>>
>>21842
> SJWs
Nice scapegoat; have you ever considered employment?
>>
>>21842
Holy autismo.
>>
>>21818
>Regardless, people are still brought up with the notion of chivalry towards women. To not hit women, bring them places, hold the door, let women go first, pay for stuff for women, be nice even when your rejected, stand up for them when they are put down, give women rights to child custody, shorter prison sentences or less convictions(I forget which).

I mean if you hate women you really don't have to interact with them at all whatsoever.
And with the whole hitting its basically saying "don't hit people" ffs.
And even if someone were to get rejected, what gives them right to treat someone badly because they said no?
>>
Snickers just had a man in a dress for a commercial right now. What fucking tranny agenda is this bullshit?
>>
>>21856
Lol
>>
>>21856
The guy was Marilyn Monroe who was hungry and they've done the gender swap thing before.

Seriously, you're autism really is flaring up.
>>
>>21791
Your vagina is leaking
>>
>>21861
You seem upset.
>>
>>21779
Shad up and make me a sandwich
>>
>>21855
>And with the whole hitting its basically saying "don't hit people" ffs.
It's obvious to not hit people, it's chivalrous to not hit a women under any circumstances. Self defense, protecting my balls or penis, protecting someone else(who doesn't want to get violent), protecting belongings, protecting pets.

>And even if someone were to get rejected, what gives them right to treat someone badly because they said no?
It gives them no right but petty people don't care. It may be just because I am a man but, I hear more horror stories of ex-girlfriends becoming a menace to their ex-boyfriends than the other way around.
>>
>>21886
>ex-girlfriends becoming a menace to their ex-boyfriends than the other way around.

So being annoying?
>>
>>21888
No.

Stalking, interfering with work, vandalism, theft. Not annoying text messages or calls.
>>
>>21781
i think women who actually matter might not want their struggle reduced or equated to a consumer product
>>
>>21889
Wew lad.

Well that's really rude.
I don't think the police did anything huh?
>>
>>21883
Are you physically immobile to where you cannot remove yourself from your seat in that cramp dingy hovel you rent?
>>
>>21818
>people named John are sexist

That's not what they were implying you fat fuck, its just meaningless data that's supposed to engage sjw readers

The rest are good points, though
>>
I love how Harvey Keitel just walks away like "You got the check ready, right? I need to get the hell out of here."
>>
>>21779
>daddy, daddy, why don't you love me anymore?
>>
>>21978
Your father never loved you because you're autistic.
>>
>>21970
Do you even sarcasm?

Correlation must always equal Causation.
>>
>>21948
stopping by to belittle and mock your tripcode
>>
>>22028
Nice madpost.
>>
>>21886
> I hear more horror stories of ex-girlfriends becoming a menace to their ex-boyfriends than the other way around

selective perception maybe? being on the internet too long? Because in my experience cases of obnoxious exes happen with both genders equally. The extreme violent cases though are still nearly all caused by men.
>>
>>21784
Neither are funny. Women do not know funny.
>>
>>22042
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>22141
You seem upset.
>>
>>22151
Just thought I'd stop by and mention it. Another Anon had the same Idea but I say my piece anyway.
>>
>>22265
Are you often obsessed with other people's identities?
>>
>>22312
Why are you obsessed with others on 4chan being aware of yours?

Are you a narcissist?
>>
If you watch or care about commercials during the Super Bowl then kill yourself.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.