[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LinkedIn shares plunged 43%, today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: s2.reutersmedia.jpg (16 KB, 644x429) Image search: [Google]
s2.reutersmedia.jpg
16 KB, 644x429
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-linkedin-results-research-idUSKCN0VE1MU
http://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2016-02-05/linkedin-shares-plunge-almost-44-percent
>>
LinkedIn is probably my least favorite social network so I'm okay with this.
>>
>>21488
I never understood how they got so big in the first place. It isn't an 'business facebook' and it isn't an employee verification service, but they keep marketing themselves as both of those things.
>>
>>21494
yep, bubles are mostly air. A bit of taste of reality and see what happened.
They became the go to for many people, and afaik ad revenue started flowing in. Even as lacking as it was, it had a lot of momentum and started appearing everywhere. Even fucking Duolingo has a "Add to LinkedIn Profile" button
>>
>>21494
It's really useful for reverse engineering peoples' success. For example, I'm in law school. Once I got my first semester grades back and realized I apparently had potential to get somewhere, I started looking at linkedin profiles of top 3L (senior) class men. I then did everything they did -- joined the same prestigious organizations, same TA jobs/internships, etc. It's a useful to figure out what people are doing.

Plus, it's useful to check up on where people are at re: connections and networking. Like, "oh, this person is now on the hiring committee at Tom Dick LLP, we were pretty chill years back," etc.
>>
>>21508

this

i always look up people i admire and check their bio to get tips on what i need to do to get where they are (and further). linkedin is often helpful with this. hope it sticks around
>>
>>21494

if you have profile information for a trade or skill that is in demand - say familiarity with accountancy software - you get contact from recruiters all the time.
>>
>>21494
It became big because of that: business-accepted facebook. Excuse for employees (HR especially) to think they're doing anything meaningful.
>>
>>21493
It's for people with jobs.
>>
>>21488
BUYBUYBUYBUYBUY
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.