[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shkreli, shameless capitalist or pure hearted humanitarian?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: martin.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
martin.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
http://www.vice.com/video/drinking-wine-and-playing-chess-at-martin-shkrelis-midtown-apartment

So, is he actually a good guy?
Was I being led on by the media that this is the bad guy? What do you think?
Obviously the guy himself thinks he's doing the right thing, or he's lying throughout the interview.
>>
He's either lying or deluded. Regardless, nothing about what he does is good.
>>
>>20210
what makes you come to that conclusion?
>>
>>20211
Take advantage of desperate people via excessive price gouging? Using the wealth you accumulate to buy an artist's work and then threaten to cut that artist from their own work because they called you names?

I wont claim what he does is bad or "evil", but what would make you come to the conclusion that what he does is good?
>>
>>20218
>I wont claim what he does is bad or "evil"
I will. Capitalists are literally the Devil incarnate. The rich are the most toxic thing humanity has ever spit out and they're both destroying nature and mankind and will ultimately cause the species to go extinct.
>>
>>20207
this guy embodies what can go wrong with free market, and unchecked capitalism.
I don't know about his intentions, either way he seems a bit touched... but I would do very similar stuff, gain the spotlight then redpill everyone on the different ways companies exploit the system, and how it works against common people.
So I can't tell what's going on in his mind, but I'd do something similar.
>>
Didn't he get arrested
>>
He's a real dick about the chess game. Makes his argument come off as insincere.
>>
>>20234
>IP laws and subsidies for pharmaceutical companies
>Unchecked capitalism

pick one.

the dude is scum who figured out how to game a regulated market causing keynsian fags to start crying that he was breaking the rules in spirit.
>>
>>20228

*tips fedora*
>>
Dude looks like a yuppie hipster faggot.

pass
>>
>>20207
i wanna hate the guy, but i hate the chick even worse. here she has a great opportunity to question this guy and tactfully put put his feet to the fire, but no, she fucks up by playing chess with him, he see's how much of a lame brain she is and walks all over here.

nice investigating Nancey Drew
>>
It's funny because most people will come off hating this guy purely due to his smug attitude when he's probably being more truthful about himself to us than most politicians today
>>
>>20207
how i see it, he raised the price of a drug that was rarely sold.
so why not raise the price.
>>
>>20207
WU TANG clan should have given this guy a fucking medal. Shkreli is the most gangster ass drug dealer to ever live. Ghostface and Raekwon built their entire careers rapping about selling cocaine. This guy comes in and sells a new drug at a jacked up price, essentially acting like a nigger drug dealer, and wu-tang got hissy. like a bunch of bitches. Ill bet my life that wu-tang album Shkreli bought was about selling drugs, JUST LIKE EVERY WU TANG ALBUM

THE IRONY, OH THE IRONY
>>
>>20244
This isn't an argument and it never has been one.
>>
>>20207
He pushed the spot light on Pharmaceutical companies. They really don't like these issues being made public as they do exactly what he did, except with much more important drugs. The drugs he was price gouging are extremely situational.
>>
>>20298
Neither was the post he was mocking.
>>
This guy seems chill and honest. Only time will tell though.
>>
>>20419
test
>>
>>20244
that wasnt even a fedora opinion
>>
>>20289
>sells a new drug at a jacked up price
It wasn't a new drug, it was a really old drug with a lot of known side effects and he raised the price of the obsolete drug so they could make a better formula.
>>
>>20207

Guy bought the Wu tang album for 2mil,at least he has good taste in music. He should release it to the public to better his image :>
>>
>>20465
Look, maybe he has been attacked more than he deserves to have been, but let's not mistake his motives. He wouldn't do that because he has no reason to.
>>
>>20487
He's on record as basically holding it hostage in order to piss off Wu Tang since buying the album means he now owns both the rights as well as the only copy in existence. In a recent interview he threatened to delete it while also making personal attacks against Ghostface Killah.

http://time.com/4199579/martin-shkreli-ghostface-killah-video/
>>
I'm pretty sure he's an honest to god psychopath.
>>
>>20520
most successful/wealthy people are psychopaths
>>
>>20462
it was still ignorant
>>
>>20531
Including almost every elected official.

At least the wealthy know how to handle money.
>>
>>20531
most statements such as this are unsourced bullshit.
>>
>abuses patent system to make sick pay more for meds
>no measures would have ever been enacted to counter this
>frauds billionaire investors for 1% of their wealth
>we caught em! bad guy prisoned, justice is restored!

Laffing my butt off, I hope the elites get what's coming soon
>>
>>20556
What's it with the delusion that poor people throw their money away?
>>
>>20520
This. He's like a textbook case. Right down to the myopic passionate burst actions (sociopaths are mistakenly portrayed in movies as cold and calculating when actually they make dumb split second decisions all the time) like making a media circus of himself.

It's really sad and disgusting watching people actually fall for his facile lies. He literally doesn't care one iota about you or your values about what a decent human being is. He thinks you're dumb sheep to be manipulated and you really are if you think he's anything other than a piece of shit.
>>
Holy shit

I can't believe how many people are buying into the "evil big bad Shkreli" shit even after he outright says he's just playing into the media response. Did anyone watch the video? He's literally giving dermaprin away for free.

If you don't think Shkreli is using his position to bring attention to big pharma and related legislation, you're retarded.
>>
>>20515
if I were Shekel Shrek, I would upload videos from time to time showing me editing "scars" into the audio, like seleting some seconds and applying white noise there, then saving.
Or saying "oh my look at all these slurs" and start bleeping them.

Then upload the actual album and drop it on a random sharethread thread on /mu/ and see them disregard it as obvious bullshit, until someone actually downloads it and realises it's actually unrealsed Wu Tang, but never claim any responsibility for it, and deny it was me, and say that's not the album and that maybe Wu Tang created another album for their fans to compensate.
Then see the reactions.

>>20748
this was my first thought. When all my friends talked about this new evil villain, I just had to see it myself.
He made an AMA in reddit. It looks like a joke. I couldn't buy it after a while, he was cartoonishly evil, basically replying "i do what i want, capitalism is like that bitch, i can fuck you because the system allows it".

Either way, he's touched in the head, but he might be the hero we need. I just hope i'm not wrong.
>>
>>20207
Hes deluded and amoral, thinks he can get a pass on the unethical shit he does because hes doing it in pursuit of a profit.

Hes also desperate for attention and approval, hence him pursuing such a media presence.
>>
>>20289
Selling crack isn't like selling medicine though. The idea is moreso "if you're dumb enough to buy crack you deserve to get ripped off", but we are talking about a non abusable medicine that benefits AIDS victims. It's pure evil what he did with that shit
>>
>>20207
He deserves a bullet to the brain.
>>
Where to start with Marty?

The guys a total narcissist prick, but he's fun as hell to watch with the fearless macho man attitude. The reason why he's so hated is because he does what any other pharmaceutical company does except he has a chip on his shoulder, showing his face in public, live streaming his life day after day, becoming extremely accessible to a public audience.

Americans LOVE villains, they need them to channel angst caused by the large, complicated problems that fuck them but they can't really understand. This guy is perfect because he's white, looks like a rodent, and did something so obviously naughty that everyone can circlejerk without thinking too hard. I only commend Shkreli for not giving the public what they want and usually earn from outrages - phony apologies and quiet submission. The cathartic process can't be completed because he's still doing fine and flaunting his wealth, making Americans feel as impotent as they actually are.
>>
I like him, I think he's just an autistic /b tard who had a plan to help and then "are you fucking sorry'd" the whole thing and now he's literally hitler because last social skills
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.