[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4 year old saves mom with tablet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: tabletbaby.jpg (198 KB, 900x713) Image search: [Google]
tabletbaby.jpg
198 KB, 900x713
http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Four-year-old-uses-tablet-to-help-save-mothers-life-366360321.html

Will you give us credit now, grandpa?
>>
>>19216
Old people
>Umm that tablet saved the mother's life!
>>
So let me get this straight, if the dad phoned their landline and the kid picked the phone up, would the headline read "4-yo saves his mother life by picking up the phone"?

I mastered timed recording on the VCR when I was 5. My dad was able to operate a harvester by the time he was 9. His dad was proficient with the PPSH rifle by the time he turned 13 (thanks Stalin).

We have to stop being so impressed with the plasticity of a child's brain. Kids are always gonna learn things faster than us, let's just accept it and move on
>>
I thought the kid was gonna use the tablet to look up how to do CPR or something. Here, the father just used it to tell him he needed to unlock the door for 911 responders. Something that could have been easily accomplished with a good 'ol fashioned land line phone. You may as well credit the existence of the door for saving the mother's life if you're going to credit the tablet.

also, why is it the kid that gets all the credit when it's the father who provided the "life saving" instruction to unlock the door.
>>
well the Land line was not working, the father tried that first the boy did more then just pick up the tablet. He tried to Wake the Mother with no luck. The father asked the boy what his mother was doing, moving and what not and the boy said that his mother was sleeping. The father Asked the boy to look at his mothers blood checker (a continuous glucose monitoring system) and the boy said that it did not have any numbers on it. So the father then new It was more then just a little problem. and Told the son he had to call the hospital. and that he would call the boy back.The father then did such . What was not said is that The boy looked after his little sister as she sat on the couch crying. telling her that it would be OK daddy is getting help!
>>
The one major advantage with these tablets and smartphone shits is that it gives parents a direct connection to their children, no matter where they are.

Teaching them how to respond to a skype call or something like that should be the absolutely first thing you do when you give them one.
>>
>4 year old
>with a tablet
This triggers me.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.