[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pakistani Chemistry teacher dies protecting students from Taliban
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 569f68c6f2c8d[1].jpg (31 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
569f68c6f2c8d[1].jpg
31 KB, 800x480
http://www.dawn.com/news/1234220/chemistry-teacher-defies-taliban-in-bacha-khan-university-attack
>>
>>18374
Wow, that's a pro second amendment story if I ever read one, and one Hell of a teacher.
>>
>>18379
because we need more muslims with guns
>>
>>18389
Look up the guy the university was named after. He basically stood against everything the Taliban and Islamists in general are for, and the attack happened on the anniversary of his death.
>>
>>18374
The scene's playing in my head, it's pretty damn awesome how the article described it.
>>
>>18374

hero
>>
It's like one of those "if the Taliban attack this classroom this is how I'll save everybody" fantasies you had in class when shit was boring come to life
>>
"Teachers' associations had objected to arming staff, saying it was not their job to fight off militants."

I see teachers associations are just as stupid there as they are here. This chemistry teacher is a hero for protecting his students.
>>
>>18389
I didn't know the second amendment of the Pakistani Constitution was the right to bear arms.

I'm saying, with reference to the USA Constitution for people who don't know where I get the second amendment from, that members of the community, not including police, should have the right to bear arms for the sole reason of reacting to ongoing criminal actions for purposes of mitigation. Self defense.

I don't know how you made the leap to arming Muslims, unless you know the second amendment of the Pakistani Constitution or you are really stupid.
>>
>>18374
What a rad guy. Should get a statue, or at the very least, his name on a plaque.
>>
>>18515
Doesn't that open up criminal activity to easier access of arms though? What prevents the Red Queen effect from coming into play?
>>
>>18530
Well, the armed people would be reactionary. A step further would be prevention.

What causes criminal activity and why, the only answer I can think of is poverty or lack of resources and lack of rights. People who feel oppressed, with enough provocation, will retaliate.

Focusing to much on prevention and you will have no means to immediately resolve a conflict. Focusing on reaction will in no way reduce the frequency of conflicts so finding that balance between should be the goal.
>>
>>18520
Children come and go.

A good man is hard to replace.
>>
America could use more people like him given that their school got shot up like twice a week
>>
>>18449
Hahahah straight up
>>
A 12 year old is more likely to shoot up a school than a mudslime btw.
>>
>>18561
>school
America has only one school?
>>
>>18913
yup, burgerking
>>
>>19080
That's Obama.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.