[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
North Korea invents alcohol which doesn't give hangovers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 0
North Korea is at it again!

http://bgr.com/2016/01/19/north-korea-alcohol-hangover-cure/
>>
> The drink, whose production North Korean leader Kim Jong-un oversaw, is infused with ginseng root, the same plant used to cure all those diseases. Burnt rice is used to replace sugar, a process that eliminates the bitter taste and any risks of a hangover.

Won't cause hangovers or intoxication if there's no sugar.
>>
>>18051
No, this exact recipe was already invented here in the US, and they outlawed it here because they make too much money off liver damage.

Conspiracy fact.
>>
>>18054
It gets you drunk, but has a simple molecule difference from regular alcohol that protects against liver toxicity.

ILLEGAL because it doesn't cause ENOUGH liver damage.

100% fee-fi-fo-fum-fact.
>>
>>18055
If it's not toxic, it's not getting you drunk.
>>
>>18036
Bullshit. Hangovers are mainly caused by dehydration, lack of nutrients, and poor decisions.
Alcohol is a diuretic, so it would either have to be a depressant in beverage form that wasn't alcohol, or more than likely, North Korea is lying to seem more advanced than it really is.
>>18055
That's like saying margarine won't make you fat since it's one molecule away from being plastic.
>>
>>18085
>That's like saying margarine won't make you fat since it's one molecule away from being plastic.
It's not like that at all. That's a stupid comparison.
>>
Thank you great leader
>>
>>18036
This is the science we should be doing.
Best Korea.
>>
>>18085
the most recent data I saw indicates that dehydration is an old wives tale. does seem counter-intuitive, but hey it's not about my intuition.

>Over the past five years, AHRG has put out research to reveal that pretty much everything anyone has ever told you about the causes of hangover is wrong—or at least unproven.

>Take dehydration. Sure, it makes sense: Alcohol suppresses the antidiuretic hormone vasopressin, which ordinarily keeps you from peeing too much. Plus, if you’re drinking booze, you’re probably not drinking water. But in dehydrated people with hangovers, levels of electrolytes don’t differ too much from baseline controls—and when they do, they don’t correlate with hangover severity.

>Best of all, AHRG’s researchers have begun to converge on a promising theory about what really causes hangovers: namely, that they’re an inflammatory response, like what happens when we get an infection. A team in Korea noticed that hangovers are accompanied by elevated levels of molecules called cytokines, which are used as communication signals by the immune system. If you inject those into a healthy subject, that person will start to have all kinds of familiar-sounding symptoms, including nausea, gastrointestinal distress, headache, chills, and fatigue.

http://www.wired.com/2014/05/hangover-cure/
>>
sounds like alchohol-free vodka
>>
>>18036
>trusting anything out of NK

I heard they won the olypmics too, even won every medal.
>>
>>18055
This, alcohol is a trap and bump
>>
>>18085
>Bullshit. Hangovers are mainly caused by dehydration, lack of nutrients, and poor decisions.
acetaldehyde
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.