[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Email from Snyder's chief of staff: People in Flint are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: frustration.jpg (125 KB, 1218x565) Image search: [Google]
frustration.jpg
125 KB, 1218x565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVlC45WhsXs
>>
Federal assistance has been authorized by the President on request by Gov. Snyder, who's finally addressing the fucking issue. What remains to be seen is whether or not actual investigations by the USAG's office will go forward and if prosecution for negligence will follow.
>>
Nothing surprises me about that state anymore after the bankruptcy takeovers of all those municipal governments, including Detroit and Flint.
>>
>>17704
The rest of us aren't shit. Don't lump Western/Northern MI with that shit out east.
That's like saying NY State is shit because of NYC.
>>
So people are blaming the governor?

Even though EPA's known about this for over a year and then covered it up, and then went to a lawyer for legal council, while telling the public it was safe to drink

stall stall stall, o.k. we have a Repub Gov now, blame him!
>>
I'm originally from northern Michigan; I'm here to tell you when you say you're from MI then almost everyone assumes you're from Detroit.

Snyder really wasn't that bad. Its rough that this had to happen because this is what he will be remembered for and the governorship will flip blue after this.

Snyder has done good things for the economy and has made tax cuts in a state that desperately needs them
>>
>>17745
>just because the kitchen is on fire and the garage is catching doesn't mean there's anything at all wrong with the master bedroom or the den.
Pls leave Michigan. You are the problem.
>>
>>17756
Yeah, because its one guy's fault who lives in the north.

And its not like the years of failed infrastructure is playing any part of what's happening in flint. Clearly is all Rick's fault. Forget the gang warfare and crackhouses too. Its not like that towns been ran exclusively by dems or anything..
>>
>>17745
>That's like saying NY State is shit because of NYC.

As someone from Upstate, NY IS shit because of NYC.

Why is our state government a corrupt shitfest? NYC
Why are our taxes so fucking high? NYC
Why do all New Yorkers get an obnoxious rap? NYC
>>
What are the reported lead levels measured? How much do they vary from the acceptable limit? How do they compare to other piped water sources around the state? I feel suspicious about this considering it was flint that wanted off the Detroit water system. Wasn't the system tested before doing the switch? Who did the final okay for the switch? There is an ass to be had but I'm not sure it's totally the governors fault
>>
>>17778
The fact that the shit isn't happening in your city is a fucking cop-out.
>>
>>17809
All of this information is openly available if you Google it, anon.
>>
>>17815
http://flintwaterstudy.org/information-for-flint-residents/results-for-citizen-testing-for-lead-300-kits/
>reports don't state locations tested
>40% under limits
>about 26/252 tested were over limits with a few being waaaaay over limits(statistical outliers that seems suspicious )

Still no answer on who signed off the switch and they aren't being hung out to dry.
>>
FUCK RICK SYNDER.
>>
>>17819
Well I'm good news Cher donated 181,440 bottles of water to the people.
Hopefully they have recycling.
http://www.advocate.com/people/2016/1/17/cher-donates-181440-bottles-water-flint-michigan
>>
>>17823
Extra good news links
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/17/rahat-husain-muslims-donate-30000-bottles-water-fl/
>>
Governor was reportedly aware of the issue, but city officials refrained from acting on the earliest identified problems in hopes that they were just one-offs that would disappear quietly. The majority of the situation is due to incredibly corrupt actions from the city office, who needed to justify the costs of switching from Detroit's water system. Exposure and toxicity levels are due to officials refusing to acknowledge the problem for an extended period of time. My question is whether or not anyone is going to be held accountable for this massive, costly fuckup.
>>
>>17832
>Democrat politicians and bureaucrats
>Being held responsible for yet another massive, costly fuckup
It's Michigan man. So long as someone above your pay grade is sucking on the Soros Schlong, you aren't going to have to own up to shit.
>>
>>17752
I would not say he's 100% good. He's made a lot of bad calls and I hold him responsible for this water crisis, since he was the one who insisted on bringing back EMs, and he was the one who selected an EM for Flint.

Also, I really dislike that he cut film incentives in Michigan. I think that's an industry we could really benefit from with our variety of scenery and multiple cities available for affordable, on-location shooting.

The road funding crisis also occurred under his leadership, and his solutions to it have been unpopular to put it lightly.

Seriously, his second term has been a complete fuckup.
>>
>>17832
>The majority of the situation is due to incredibly corrupt actions from the city office, who needed to justify the costs of switching from Detroit's water system.

You mean when the EM forced them to? There was no city government involved in that decision. It was state officials who were specifically muzzling the EPA on the issue.
>>
>>17692
Is it really that hard to link a fucking /news/ article OP?!
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/internal-email-michigan-blowing-flint-over-lead-water-n491481
>>
>>17873
Thank you Anon, some people here appreciate it.
>>
>>17745
>Benton Harbor
Even places like Kalamazoo are kind of a shit hole in the West. Hell, Snyder even put an EM in charge of Benton Harbor.

>>17752
He's awful if you aren't wealthy or upper-middle class. Usually the case for most GOP governors, though.
>>
>>17752
Let's not go dick riding. He's done alright. But it doesn't change the facts that the emergency city manager bullshit which led to all this rests with him, and his entire administration knew about the problem well enough in advance to do something about it. Instead, they tested areas in which they knew the water was probably fine, then threw up their hands and "Look! Everything's cool, guise. Now, about all this straight-ticket voting business and these pesky unions..."
>>
>>17778
Also the town was run by a state appointed emergency manager with all the power. So ya a Repub governor appoints a city manager thats poisons the whole place.
>>
>>17809
The state appointed emergency manager was the one who decided they should use the river instead of Detroit while they got the new system running
>>
>>17860
Lol the Emergency manager was in charge of the city. The one Rick appointed and reported only to him, not the dems
>>
Im from WV and when Charlestons entire water supply was poisoned last year no one was charged with any crime. What the fuck is the EPA good for then? Are they just for show? Am I really living in a 1st world country because it doesn't seem like it
>>
>>17900
do you know how it was poisoned?
quite literally because Snyder subverted democratic processes to put in an emergency manager and crew who, thought that to save money, they should redirect Flint's water supply from where GM dumps a shitload of toxic chemicals

they've known for a while now about this and until recently did nothing about it

also, thousands of childrens are getting permanent brain damage from lead contamination
>>
>>17692
>>17692
Jesus, no wonder Detroit is reputed as such a violent shithole.
Look up lead exposure vs violent crime.
>>
>>17745
just shut up shut up shut up and fuck you you grande rapids amway shilling piece of shit fuck you
>>
>>17750
no asshole, the EPA didn't know about it, mDEQ knew about it and hid it from the EPA, they falsified water test reports that they submitted to the EPA

and the governor tried to shame and silence the doctor who was trying to raise a stink about lead poisoning in children
>>
>>17752
you drinking that water or just the koolaid? can't wait for this shit to come back to you in your little rich town. how would you feel if it was your people?. I had to leave the state just to find work (computer engineer here you fuckwit, so even that type of job isn't immune)
>>
>>17818
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35350275
listen to the video

and for you lazy rich faggots
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/01/15/this-is-how-toxic-flints-water-really-is/

the lead levels in flint water
>>
>>18091
flint is not detroit
>>
bump for never letting this go
>>
>>17892
Humm no, Detroit cut offwater to Flint before an EM was appointed because the city of Flint wanted to change providers but needed time to build a costly water to the lake.
The EM didn't even have the idea to get water from the river, the plans were already made by Flint when Detroit dropped them in early 2013.
>>
>>17866
>You mean when the EM forced them to? There was no city government involved in that decision. It was state officials who were specifically muzzling the EPA on the issue.

FLINT (WJRT) - (10/14/15) - The switch to Flint River water while waiting to be connected to the KWA pipeline happened while under Emergency Manager Darnell Earley.

ABC12 reached out to Earley. His statement is below:

“The decision to separate from DWSD and go with the Karegnondi Water Authority, including the decision to pump Flint river water in the interim, were both a part of a long-term plan that was approved by Flint’s Mayor, and confirmed by a City Council vote of 7-1 in March of 2013 - a full seven months before I began my term as Emergency Manager. That vote was supported and signed into emergency order by then Emergency Manager Edward Kurtz on March 29, 2013. It was my responsibility to implement the previously accepted and approved plan as the contract with DWSD expired in April 2014 during my term as EM. It did not fall to me to second guess or to invalidate the actions that were taken prior to my appointment. An even bigger concern that everyone should be focused on moving forward is what is done in the long-term to replace the crumbling water distribution system that exits throughout Flint and Genesee County.”
>>
>>19042
>>19044
Snyder shill poster detected

you people keep clinging to whatever lie fits your "THE LIBRULS!!! DID IT" agenda against all evidence. You want to believe a single statement by the asshole who was one of the few people responsible for this? the EM doesn't have to answer to the mayor or get his approval for anything, he only reports to snyder

also, looks like snyder sent his thugs to go destroy evidence
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/01/city_hall_office_containing_wa.html
>>
>>19045
>Snyder shill
I ain't even american…

http://media.mlive.com/newsnow_impact/other/Water%20Plan%20Resolution.PDF
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.