[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man charged with attacking Uber driver sues driver for $5M
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
meanwhile in hamburgerland

http://nypost.com/2016/01/16/man-charged-with-attacking-uber-driver-sues-driver-for-5m/

>A Southern California man captured on video attacking an Uber driver has sued the driver for $5 million, claiming the video was recorded without his consent.

>Former Taco Bell executive Benjamin Golden of Newport Beach was arrested in November and charged with misdemeanor assault and battery for allegedly hitting 23-year-old driver Edward Caban. In November, the driver sued the 32-year-old Golden for more than $25,000 in damages.

>The Orange County Register reported Saturday that Golden filed a cross-complaint last month saying Caban illegally recorded him and posted the video to YouTube. The now-viral video captured by a dashboard-mounted camera shows Golden repeatedly striking Caban on the trip in Costa Mesa.

>As a result of media coverage, Golden says he suffered emotional distress, humiliation and the loss of his job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSIzKhUtZgg
>>
I think it's interesting how the NYPost is covering this considering Uber is banned in NY.
>>
>>17496
They're a newspaper of national interest, anon.

This redneck piece of trash will get bounced out of court and his lawyer sanctioned.
>>
>>17495
This is why I love Arizona.

Only one member has to be aware that a group is being recorded for it to be legal.
>>
>>17523
Wait what?
And that one member can be the person recording?
>>
>>17530
Basically you can't surreptitiously record an interaction between two other people, but as long as you're a party to the interaction, it's ok. Inb4 sex videos, it doesn't work for shit like that.
>>
>>17495
Sued doesn't mean "sued and won".

I can sue you for not sucking my dick, the act of sueing is to put forth the legal action.
>>
>>17535
I'm pretty sure most of us... wait no, you're right to explain what Suing ensues.

I'm pretty sure this man has no case, but then again, I don't know the laws of recording for CA.
>>
>>17536
People are pretty dumb. You'd be surprised, you'll find someone having read a headline about this and then they'll say, "Yea the driver had to pay him 5 million dollars!"
>>
>>17522
> southern California
> redneck
>>
>>17539
There's more to socal than san diego and LA, anon
Desert people are nothing to mess around with
>>
>>17495
why was pablo escobar driving an uber?
>>
>>17539
Turbo-rednecks are more than a /pol/ même, they're out there. Republicans are even running one for president.
>>
>>17539
>>17543
>>17550

It was in Costa Mesa, CA. Relatively nice place, but a lot of mexicans and white trash. I'm guessing this guy was the latter.
>>
>>17550
>He thinks that any of the candidates are Rednecks.
Hate to break it to you, but they aren't even that. None of the republicans (Except Rand Paul, but he's White Collar anyways.) have done a single day of hard work, or been poor.
Take your Librul memes to another board.
>>
Typical arrogant jew Benjamin Golden...doing evil and then suing the victim
>>
>>17495

What common law tort has he caused?
>>
>>17495
Good, I hate sue happy faggots
That little cunt driver should have either kicked his ass for attacking him or petitioned to have him sent to jail for assault.
Him sueing the guy for $23k is retardedly faggot tier and I'm glad the guy has decided to sue him back for $5 million
>PS
Fuck Uber
>>17550
>le redneck may may XD
Go fuck yourself liberal cunt
>>
>>17522
>SoCal
>Redneck
Can't you yuppies just accept that you're scum?
>>
What a piece of shit. Does he think trying to sue the guy he assaulted in a fit of drunken tard rage will do any favors for his public image? Also, why isn't he in prison for the assault?
>>
>>17495
>>A Southern California man

its a funny way to spell "white man" or "anglosaxon filth"
>>
>>17495
>Former Taco Bell executive
>humiliation and the loss of his job
AND the dude was drunk as piss when he attacked the driver
>>
ugh.. In any sane universe a judge would, would say

"Yes 5 million dollars sounds completely fare, please pay that Uber driver 5 million dollars, thank you go away"

that response would stop this bullshit fast
>>
>taco bell executive
>>
>>17539
redneck is used as a catch-all term for the white equivalent of nigger behaviour

I'd really like to have a term. Cracker doesn't cut it
>>
>>17671
Are you retarded? He captured video of the guy committing felony assault, as long as that video is admissible in court then he can sue the pants off of this Golden faggot.

The only problem now is being able to prove that the video is legal, which he can do since he was an Uber driver and his car is his place of business. Businesses are allowed to record people on their premises.
>>
>>17702
Was he ever actually arrested? He definitely should have been, but I've only heard of Taco Bell catching wind of the video and firing him, not him having charges pressed against him. If he's been charged, then he likely got a deferred judgement for probation/fines/community service. Likely a first time offender.
>>
>>17749
Glad to see I'm not the only one who picked up on that. Top fucking KEK
>>
>>17749
>>17798
Taco Bell HQ is located in Orange Co. He was an actual executive you hamster brained faggots
>>
>>17552
Costa Mesa is a great city. I live here.. no white trash but a lot of Mexicans, most are hard working though.
>>
>>17496
Uber isn't banned in NY?
>>
>>17767
He posted bail.
>>
>>17757
Wigger
>>
Can't wait until you can just sue people for complaining about you. Then I can be an obnoxious asshole all I want and no one will be able to stop me.
>>
Why couldn't the Uber drive put the directions into GPS?
>>
What are the laws in California for recording?

>>17867
Sounded like he was giving him just a name of a place, maybe said he typed the wrong address in and it was a few blocks over or that type of situation?

With Uber you type your destination address in before it gives you a rate, so not sure how the situation arose.
>>
>>17871

Not %100 sure but They are against it somewhat ( as far as I know some tv shows etc.. go to places like NY because of regulations regarding hidden cameras etc..) but that is public recording on a tv show. I don't know which category uber falls under. Because in many states your own car is considered private space in which you are or should be allowed I think
>>
>>17766
>The only problem now is being able to prove that the video is legal, which he can do since he was an Uber driver and his car is his place of business. Businesses are allowed to record people on their premises.

This.
He's not a private business either (as in some Joe running an accounting business in his living room), he's a business that caters to the public like McDonalds or a car wash. Are Californians so silly that every business has to inform you that there are cameras located within in the business establishment?
>>
>>17757
There's nigger behavior and the term for whites engaging in nigger behavior is wigger. Rednecks engage in an entirely different set of behaviors.
>>
>>17496
No it isnt.
>>
>>17495
>commiefornia
>part of America
Funny I wasn't aware of the stupid liberals being not knowing the rights of others. He has a right to sue and a right to know he's being recorded honestly.
>>
>>17757
>I grew up in the 00s, the post

It's wigger, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>18955
>I believe everyone is american, the post
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.