[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Children representing themselves in court
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: jan14.migrant.HIRES_-614x366.jpg (102 KB, 614x366) Image search: [Google]
jan14.migrant.HIRES_-614x366.jpg
102 KB, 614x366
>In the United States, many children in immigration court proceedings are unrepresented and must present their case to stay in the country without the help of a lawyer.

https://archive.is/BquJt
>>
Good
>>
Maybe they'll finally learn a couple of words of English that way.
>>
>>17032
Upvoted
>>
>>16897
>obama gives funding so that illegal children can remain in the US
>doesn't give them funding so that they can learn english
Good priorities
>>
how many of them even show up for court?

just deport the little rascals.
>>
wtf is wrong with all of you, be a little more human
>>
>>17051
Anonymity let's people be subhumans.
But then again this is 4chan.
>>
>>17051
hownew.ru
>>
>>16897
They shouldn't have a hearing. They should be marched right back across the border.
>>
>>17075
Well considering how American consumerism and the uninformed lazy American people basically destroyed the countries these kids are fleeing we should help out just a bit maybe just to get their country back in order.
>>
>>17098
Nah, you guys are handling it for us because you're so enlightened
Thanks
>>
>>17098
Maybe those countries shouldn't have been communists.
>>
>>17056
>>17066
wow I forgot this was 4chan...
my friend got deported. I just know how shitty that is.
>>
>>17098
You want us to help you, but you sneer at us? Fuck off, bitch.
>>
>>17122
>You can't be critical of someone without someone getting their fee fees hurt
Okay.jpg
>>
>>17122
Go back to your safe space, I swear you fucking /pol/,/r9k/, and /b/ faggots are just as bad as Reddit and tumblr.
>>
>If this is true, why don’t the children automatically have a lawyer? Because immigration proceedings are considered civil actions and not criminal proceedings. In other words, what is being decided in immigration court is whether someone can remain in the country — not whether to punish the person for illegally entering the country. Thus, indigent children are not entitled to appointed, government-paid counsel the way they would if they were accused of committing a crime.

The answer is obvious, these children must commit crimes in order to receive a lawyer.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.