[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Woman mistakes McDonald's customer eating ketchup for homeless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1
>Claire Varin saw an unshaven man with rucksack feasting on tomato sauce
>He was gobbling ketchup straight from the dispenser as if he was starving
>The 33-year-old assumed he was homeless so chose to buy him a meal
>After handing it over the man's own order arrived, leaving Claire humiliated

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3397163/Good-Samaritan-buys-McDonald-s-meal-homeless-man-saw-eating-pots-ketchup-ordinary-customer-waiting-order.html
>>
>>16642
Why the fuck is this news?
>>
Who the fuck eats ketchup directly?!
>>
>>16643
It's the dailymail. This never happened.
>>
>>16642
The real problem here is the fact her order came much more quickly than his
>>
I blame MacD's for not having appetizers
I see homeless people buy food at mcdonalds all the fucking time, doesn't mean they're not homeless. obviously dude was hungry
this isn't even real
>>
>>16642
So what. Who cares.

> I do not eat fast food.
> I make slow food, it tastes better.
>>
Most disturbing article recently, beating out China animal cloning & whatever other Apocalyptic shit is going on out there...
>>
Pretty sure someone is just posting dailymail stories because they make g8 b8
>>
>>16664
It depends on which McDonalds you go to but they all have appetizers somewhere on the menu.
>>
>>16664
>Implying the whole menu isn't appetizers
>>
>>16642

This is some pretty big news. Keep me updated fam.
>>
>>16684
Most of the boards on 4chan are run by committee - /news/ being one of them (some are run by de facto reddit though)
>>
Ketchup-eating scum.
>>
>>16668
>animal cloning is apocolyptic or bad

Just because you dont understand it doesnt make it morally or ethically wrong. Stop holding back progress.
>>
>>16708
It's definitely not natural and a stepping stone to human cloning. You want 10 people whipped up for every 1 person out there with the only reason being that it can be done?!?
>>
Good Samaritan and giving shit tons pity seem to go hand in hand. That woman has every right to feel shame for not only judging that man, but also assuming a superior role and trying to take the high ground in a meaningless gesture.

If he was homeless, that man would damn know for certain that that act is not liberating or uplifting at all. You buy the homeless man a meal, big fucking deal. He still homeless, jobless and will be hungry tomorrow. Nothing solved and the problem gets pushed to tomorrow.

I guess that's how some people think problems are solved. It's the thought that matters, who cares if hitting a man in the testicles hurts him, You honestly were led to believe that you were helping the poor sap.

Careless Actions are just as bad if not worse than Inactive Cares.
>>
>>16642
hahaha I did this one time. I bought two meals from arby's or some shit and I went to a bus stop and saw a shopping cart full of shit and I asked some dude if it was his cart and he got pissed and said no. I said sorry and walked away.

I ate them both when I got home.
>>
>>16644
amerifats
>>
i would be like....you want some mustard with that
>>
>>16643
It's the daily mail
>>
>>16642
love how you started that with her name, as if she is a public figure or something.
>>
>>16713
>not natural
Why the fuck do people assume "natural" = better.
Letting Ebola just kill you is natural too.

And just because you are afraid its a "step towards human cloning" you totally discount the insane amount of insight we would gain from it?

Think of how many fucking diseases we could cure/prevent. Let alone the leaps and bounds we would gain in the understanding of how the genome works and its regulation.
>>
>>16733
You should get into Nassim Taleb. Its because everything natural is infinitely more means tested than anything man made. So even dying of ebola might be better than becoming a cyborg, because the cyborg hasn't been as means tested as dying from disease. Being a cyborg could be any number of nightmare situations, extreme pain that can't be expressed, you could become a genocidal maniac without the philosophical reification of an edgy teen and on and on and on. I'm just taking the piss but you get the point.

Some of the better examples are adhd meds, trans fats, lifted shoes, desk jobs, that thing that jiggles your tummy that was supposed to be an ab workout and more.
>>
Daily Fail

fails: daily
>>
>>16737
And you should stop idolizing pop icons who butcher fairly important concepts and profit off ignorance.

Instead, go read up on some biochemistry and actually learn something. Like how cloning works and what it is. Combat the fear mongering by educating yourself on the topic.
>>
>>16733
Why do people assume artificial = better?! You know how many SciFiHorror movies start off this way?! Whether it's 1 thing going wrong or they all go wrong at the same time, there's a lot.
>>
>>16737
ADHD meds took 60 mg of vyvance 20 of lexapro plus Wellbutrin since 5th grade. Shit fucking rocked still rocking the scrips fuck it that my heart rate at resting is 110 man I got shit to do
>>
I don't get how this is news.
>>
>>16737
Also, your saying we shouldn't test something because its not natural and therefore, hasnt been tested throughly enough.

That is a pretty poor argument and also riddled with the natural fallacy.

You think science cant understand and test physical concepts? You dont think we can ever understand how natural processes work?

Protip: shit goes wrong in nature all the time. For a multitude of different reasons.

The difference between natural and synthetic based concepts is that we can regulate the artifical way more effectively and select for benefical traits.

Nature doesnt give a shit, it just kills us.
>>
/news/
>>
>>16767
Daily Mail...
>>
>>16643
Mac donalds probably paid for this shit as some form of ad, like they probably invented the story for the sake of mentioning the brand. I mean the whole situation sounds pretty fake to me: calling the news bc this shit happened.
>>
>>16825
But I don't want to go to a fast food place that lets their customers eat out of the ketchup dispenser?!
>>
>>16760
Because reality totally follows the plotline of a movie so bad its not even a B movie?
>>
>>16644
Sans.
>>
>>16713
We've been cloning animals since the 90's.

>stepping stone to human cloning
We already can clone humans, it's just massively illegal.
>>
>>16642
>>He was gobbling ketchup straight from the dispenser as if he was starving

this is such a fucking health hazard I don't even. they should fire out the whole staff
>>
>>16644
Brits apparently. Anyone find it odd that the hamplanet was the one who was humiliated and not the man guzzling down ketchup and mistaken for meal-less.
>>
>>16855
They're cloning en masse now...
>>
>>16827
>>16876
I'm calling bullshit on the whole thing. Most McDonald's don't even have the ketchup out on the counter, you have to get in line and ask for it. Probably like this because niggers stole it all and drank it right from the nozzle like this fake ass story about this fake nigger
>>
>>16760
>this is scary I saw it in a movie once
3/10 bait
>>
>>16644
I have a physical job and don't find this unbelievable.

You get really hungry if you've been digging sitches or climbing trees or power poles for 4 hours... Then you try to get one more job done because its only 11.... Then that one job is a fucking nother. And now its thre goddamn o clock and I need to take a lunch break before I can clock out or else hr needs to come talk to me so fuck it I'm taking lunch.

Fuck I could fucking kill someone. Where's that burger.

... That ketchup looks edible. And these sugar packets. I am at like a 2000 calorie deficit and all these neets just fucking woke up and this land whale looks like I'm oppressing her with my healthy body by just being in the same room.
>>
>>16851
Underrated post
>>
>Be homeless
>At the library applying for jobs
>Other homeless guy comes in with bag of mickey D's breakfast turds
>Offers it to me
>I tell him no a couple of times but he gives it to me anyway
>I tell him thanks because I don't want to be rude
>Take a bite of dollar menu shit snack even though I wouldn't ever normally eat McDonalds because I dont want donated food to go to waste
>Spit it out immediately and eat some of the fruit I got with food stamps to get the taste out of my mouth
>Realize the last homeless guy didn't even want it because it's so disgusting and unhealthy

McDonalds' food, especially their cheap food is poison. She's not being a good Samaritan, she's giving people who are already not getting very good nutrition even more health problems. If you offer a homeless guy this shit, we might take it to do YOU a favor so you can think you're a saint for the rest of the day but holy shit, please don't give me that, I'll just throw it away the second you turn your back because I'm already not incredibly healthy as it is. Then you can go tell everyone at work and your family and post on facebook what a nice thing you did that day and maybe get on the news.

Like it's not like she started a conversation and said, "Hey, get something you like, I'll pay for your lunch.", probably because she was too scared to talk to him. Instead she got some stuff she thought he might like and just gave it to him because she didn't really want to interact with the guy. There's a lot of shit on any menu I just can't eat, I'll get sick.

Donate some food to a food bank or get me a banana or something with nutrients. I know some people will say "Beggars can't be choosers, just be grateful!" But unless I have a sign that says "Will work for Double Cheeseburgers", I don't really want that terrible crap that slowly kills you. At least when you eat it and have diarrhea, you can take pills and a fat shit in your own bathroom. Then when you get a coronary, you can go to a doctor.
>>
>>17182

shut the fuck up
>>
>>17182
Maybe you're right. She's just a bleeding-heart ENFP who somehow made the news, is all.
>>
>>16664
i blame trump
>>
>>16642
Very interesting.. but I still wonder how the nails of Kim Kardashian are.. I heard that one broke yesterday, what a drama. Can't wait for the extensive newsreport on that.
>>
>>17188
the mbti is bullshit
>>
>>17186

You seem upset, are you a homeless guy who really, really loves McDonald's or just a McDonald's worker whose cooking I insulted?
>>
>Did Claire try to buy you a McDonald's? Email [email protected]
lol
>>
>McDonald's declined to comment on the incident.
>>
>>16642
>humiliated
no reason to be humiliated by that. if anything the man should have been embarrassed
>>
>>16644
Maybe he was an andalite?
>>
>>18466
When I was in maybe first grade or something, we were playing a girls-vs-boys game where boys were robots and girls were tigers or something. I kept on saying I was an Animorph instead because I thought it was cool as shit and nobody else knew what an Animorph was so they just thought I was pretending to be a girl.
>>
>>16644
a friend of mine.
you know the old joke that goes there was two families who ended up adopting separated twins, and a psych study ended up happening with them both in it. one says "oh, he's absolutely horrid, pickiest child we've ever seen, he won't touch anything unless its drowning in ketchup" and the other family says, "oh he's a great eater, not picky at all. In fact, he'll eat anything if you put enough ketchup on it."
Well. my bud JP is the third twin, I'm sure of it.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.