[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Juncker, Holland, Ukraine Referendum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 44115266738927544628.jpg (19 KB, 350x346) Image search: [Google]
44115266738927544628.jpg
19 KB, 350x346
EU Comm president Juncker has warned the Dutch people not to vote against an agreement with Ukraine which is seen as the first step to them joining the EU.
Eurosceptic parties got 300,000 votes on the issue, triggering a referendum come April 2016.
Juncker says a No vote would benefit Russia the most.
Pro-EU folk say the Dutch may vote No just to spite the EU.

http://www.euractiv.com/sections/global-europe/juncker-warns-dutch-voters-over-major-consequence-ukraine-referendum-320830

I look forward to April
>>
>>15756
>Juncker says a No vote would benefit Russia the most.
And how would a Yes vote benefit the Dutch people?
>>
>>15756

i for my part welcome ukrainians in EU.

the faster i can reach their neck and enjoy killing them the better is it..
>>
I can tell you one thing /news/.
Almost nobody here gives a shit about it. The referendum was set up by blog and two very small (one <100 and the other <500 members) organisations. They piggybacked on the popularity of this blog which is all about doing the controversial anti establishment thing (except when it comes down to Israel and jews) and started a massive campaign with strippers, midgets and contests. Basically they had all their readers sign up, then some more by having said readers do street petitions. However they have failed rather hard on making their message palatable to the general public. This referundum will turn out to be a strong NO with 60-40. However it will fail to attract the required 30% of all eligible voters because the amount of media attention is comparatively small.
>>
>>15756
Ok but geopolitical implications aside, what's actually in the agreement?
>>
>>15791

dutch open own ports to ware from ukraine and ukies get piece of the exports for own port in occupated Odessa. also travel free shit.
>>
>>15756
This is a joke.
The 'democratic process' goes like this:

You need at least 300,000 votes for a referendum.

Then there will be a referendum where you can vote yes or no, there needs to be at least 30% of the people with a voting right (~12,000,000 people with a voting right) to come and vote or the referendum will be declared invalid.

If ~3,600,000 people vote 'no' then the agreement with Ukraine will be re-evaluated (by the same democratic parties that voted yes before the referendum) but in the end the democratic parties will still have the final word.

Welcome to the pseudo-democracy!
>>
>>15876
If ~3,600,000 people vote and more than 50% votes 'no' then the agreement with Ukraine will be re-evaluated by the same democratic parties that voted 'yes' before the referendum and they will still have the final word instead of the millions of people that voted.

>I really need to read before I post.
>>
>>15756
#whitefaceisntracist
>>
>>15756
inb4 Moldova becomes Putin's next annexation target
>>
>>15764
This. As a Dutch me and most of the people I know are voting no.

The Ukrainian economy is as big as the economy of Dutch province North-Holland. Ukraine has major depts, and most of them to Russia. it's the most corrupt country of Europe.

>Ukraine joins EU
>Tax payers have to pay the depts to Russia
>Tax payers have to pay for the poverty and infrastructure in Ukraine
>The EU economy shrinks
>Ukrainians will flood Western Europe
>Corruption will flood Western Europe

Why would we want to deal with this? The EU has enough problems of their own, lets fix those first.
>>
>>15782
EĆ©nVandaag had a poll and out of the 27.000 people that were polled, 53% said that they would vote for sure in this referendum and 17% said that they would vote probably.

75% said that they would vote NO.

http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2016/01/09/driekwart-kiezer-zegt-nee-tegen-verdrag-met-oekraine
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.