[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Controversial Gene Editing Could Lead To Groundbreaking Cures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 0
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gene-editing-crispr_5655fc7fe4b072e9d1c17cb1

So what do you guys think about this?
Will it all go horribly wrong and everyone will die or will we get cure for many diseases?
>>
>>1470
It could also lead to incurable plagues that could wipe out 99% of humanity, but I guess there is a little risk in everything anyways. So why not?
>>
>>1470
>>1476
I want my waifu, so I'm all for it.
>>
The future of humanity is gene manipulation, and it's going to happen no matter what we do, so bring it on.

It's going to result in Nazis 2: Electric Boogaloo, so I hope you're ready for China to turn their affluent population into the Aryan master race :^)
>>
>>1517
But these Nazis would be scientifically correct.
>>
>>1519
Science be praised.

Coincidentally, this is also going to lead to another massive war, as the upper crust of humanity homogenizes themselves into the human ideals of brains and beauty, leaving the stinking masses in the dust in every conceivable manner.

Most likely we'll develop a disease that we encode immunity to in our genes, and unleash it on the world, wiping out all the undesirables in a short period of time. Probably will be "accidental", so nobody will realize what's going on until it's too late, and humanity will march forward with a much smaller, sustainable population, free from ethnic strife.
>>
>>1476
How could it lead to incurable plagues? Could you elaborate?
>>
>>1470
postaaannnn
>>
>>1531
Same reason why the Gros Michel banana is largely extinct, I imagine.

You need genetic diversity to protect the various species from succumbing to disease.
>>
>>1533
That's not how that works.
>>
>>1531
Someone sticks some genes in a germ and make it unkillable to nearly everything. Also, zombies.
>>
itt: fearmongering lefties
>>
Based on this article
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mutant-mosquitoes-resistant-to-malaria_5654b5a0e4b0d4093a5974e5
This technique can lead to many interesting things
Foxgirls for example
Or some more exotic breeds of dogs that don't die from any random disease
>>
>>1693
furry ears are needed right about now in the winter
>>
>>1470

Remember when they found the/a gay gene and there was a huge shit storm? Yeah, this is going to be banned in no time.
>>
>>1470
It'll be a giant pain in the ass in 200 years

It's like installing some linux package on your sperm, then your kid has that package and installs another, and so on
>supereyes 3.0 is not compatible with ultrabones 2.5
etc

Next every newborn has to spend 6 months in the hospital having all that shit worked out.
>>
>>1726
$Sudo aptitude install ultrabones
$User "anon" is not in the sudoers file!
>>
>>1470
>mfw quickly develop cure for autism
>mfw banned in a heartbeat because 'muh potato'
>mfw moot won't let me post japanese cartoons on /news/ yet
>>
>>2902
>moot
Literally Who?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.