[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tremor detected near North Korea nuclear site
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 0
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35240012

China, Japan and South Korea have all said there are indications the tremor was man-made, meaning the North may have carried out a new nuclear test.

North Korean state media has said a "special, significant" announcement will be made shortly.
>>
It's war baby
>>
BREAKING: North Korea conducts 'successful' thermonuclear bomb test

Not good, those bombs are huge.
>>
God Damnet north Korea
>>
Every news outlet in the world is spamming this right now. Honestly, whether they have a nuke makes no difference they are still pussies.
>>
>>14463
Until they sell it to some towelheads
>>
>>14449
>http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/world/asia/north-korea-hydrogen-bomb-test.html

NK has invented their own H-bomb! It's only a matter of time now before they reach the sad-panda-bomb
>>
>>14479
This. They don't give a fuck about the west
>>
>>14489
the west is where all their food comes from
>>
>current test made 5.1 earthquake
>last one made 4.9

so that means since the destructive effects are 1.5 times greater the yields doubled twice right(since doubling the yield of a nuclear bomb only increases the destructive effects by 2/3rds due to the explosions spherical shape)
>>
please stop
>>
ㅅㅂ
>>
>>14489
>implying Russia would allow its little sister deal with terrorists

>>14491
Didn't that stop in 2011 or 2012? Due to the sinking of that ship or something.
Can't remember reading anything about it the past couple of years, they probably get support from Putin now though.

>>14492
>4.9 out of 5.1
>1.5 times greater

Do I just not understand the Richter scale entirely or are you terrible at math?
>>
>>14529
It's an exponentional scale. Going up by 1.0 is a tenfold increase
10 ^ 0.2 is 1.58
>>
>>14529
You don't understand the ritcher scale.
>>
>>14536
*logarithmic
>>
>>14504
OAML
>>
>>14449

can we all quit making duplicate threads, please? i get that you were first in this case OP but i'm just saying generally: all of us. i already responded to the other one since it bumped higher and there's 3 Cologne threads.

anyway
>>14660
>>
>>14669
I was wondering why that keeps happening.

I think new people get confused by the weird /news/ catalog so they don't see the previous threads or soemthing.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.