[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Police shoot Rock wielding man @Dallas Love field Airport
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 0
http://wgntv.com/2016/06/10/shooting-reported-at-dallas-love-field-airport/

> The condition of the victim is not known.

>Witness Bryan Armstrong said it appeared the man was approaching the officer with a large rock when he was shot.

>An officer told the man to “drop the rock and stop walking,” but he continued to approach the officer slowly as people came through the terminal door unaware of what was happening, Armstrong told CNN.

>Nine shots can be heard on a video Armstrong posted to Instagram. A woman is crying in the background of the video as someone screams, “Get down!”

>After the sound of gunshots, a male voice can be heard shouting, “Stay down, stay down!”

>Dallas police told CNN they had no immediate information on the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
>>
nine shots? How about once in the leg? Why does it seem that many people with guns have no training?
>>
>>49256
One shot in the leg is a lawsuit against you for cruel and unusual punishment. Also, If you have to draw a gun, you're using it to defend life. Yours or someone elses.
A rock is a deadly weapon, if the man will not stop when asked to by police, and continues to move forward, he shows intent. He has the capability to kill, this the rock, opportunity to do so, by moving forward, and shows intent by not stopping. If he gets within a certain distance, the cop can use lethal force to put the man down.

Why 9 shots: most of the time, with adrenaline and whatnot, people will not stop after 2-4 shots. And police are trained to fire until the threat stops. Which usually means shoot until they fall down.
>>
>>49256
They are trained: not to believe in movie bullcrap where one shot in the leg stops someone. They are shown video footage of skinny kids breaking handcuffs and ripping some schmuck's eye out. Videos of people with four rounds in them climbing out of windows and running down the street to punch a hole in some old lady. No drugs, just adrenaline.
You put someone down, right down, there's no moderate use of firearms. Center mass, as many shots as needed to stop them moving and it's a last resort to save life.
>>
>>49267
>>49312

Not the same guy.

But I can see your points, I would wonder if police officers have other means to defend themselves or if it would be wise for the to carry alternative means to bring down a suspect without having to draw a possibly leather arm.

Regardless thought, the "victim" shouldn't have antagonized the officer and make himself a threat.
>>
> americlaps pretending their police doesn't beat the everlasting shit out of you even if you do surrender.
>>
>>49244
>Armstrong
I'm going to try to resist making a joke about knowledge passed down his family for generations.

Anyway, I live in Dallas and will look for more info in the local news after I sleep.
>>
https://scontent-ord1-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/13436492_134758463611411_1227371534_n.mp4
A fucking rock.
>>
we humans are running rampant ..we are finding a "fix" for everything and denying natures cycle..clean water easy food and lets face it what a few hundred years ago what would be known as magik healthcare vaccines etc.

the only weapon nature has left to wield is humans and therefor we are becoming strict in how we deal with problems ...meaning if you are above 13 or so and still have no idea how to speak walk talk to a police officer, niggers, rednecks, bosses you will soon meet the consequences of your ineptitude.
>>
>>49360
>be american
>get shot
>kek :^)
>>
>>49256
In America, cops are trained to shoot to kill with lethal weapons. This is different in other countries like Japan, where they shoot to wound.
This is why we have non-lethal weapons like tasers or beanbags.
>>
>Multiple people are pointing guns at you.
>They tell you to stop walking towards them.
>Keep walking towards them.
>Get shot
i dindunuffin dem cops needs to git shut down we needs a peoples militia an no mo o dem cops
>>
>>49326
You probably deserve it, stop breaking the law.
>>
>>49256
I give this b8 6/10
>>
This should answer some questions in this thread, perfect angles from airport cameras:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=735_1465615113
>>
>>49460
The man wasn't wielding any rocks when he was confronted by officers and as he started walking towards the building. Though he does appear suicidal/homicidal
>>
>>49460
Your liveleak link doesn't work for me (iOS)
>>
>>49460
It's too bad he didn't have a pebble. Perhaps he would have only been shot three times instead of nine.
>>
>>49500
Don't buy a meme phone/tablet.
>>
>>49250
Riight~ ;)
>>
>>49312
>skinny kids breaking handcuffs and ripping some schmuck's eye
Heroin.
>>
>>49244
Ban assault rocks?
>>
>>49267
This is fucking ridiculous

>suspicious-looking man is around
>better shoot him 9 fucking times cause if he survived I would have gotten sued :(

Fucking clapistan
>>
>>49420
I'd give it a 7 or an 8 myself, taking how old and overused it is into account.
>>
>>49943
Hahaha
>>
Looks to me like be was trying to run from the cops because be knew he'd go to jail for a disturbance. Not legal,but also not charging a cop
>>
Here's the local news version of the aftermath.
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/06/reported-shooting-shuts-down-dallas-love-field-airport.html/?_ga=1.107216578.1553964219.1465780831

It gives more info on the rock guy. Fittingly, his name is Shawn Diamond, so I guess it was inevitable the he would use a rock.
>>
>>49450
Are you calling that anon's mum a nigger fucker? Shame on you.
>>
>>49244
Same thing happened in a town next to me in Washington. Pasco police shot a mentally challenged man holding a rock in public. Community was hysteric, about a year or more later federal court ruled them not guilty with no charges. Police brutality/police state is being encouraged by feds
>>
>>49325
It's also possible that the guy was hopped up on something as well. PCP can block pain receptors so getting shot/tazed sometimes has little effect, and can occasionally enrage the suspect.
>>
>>49868
They have a video for just about every drug under the sun.
>>
>>49244
Someone come at you with a rock so you shoot them nine times? It truly is shoot first ask questions later. Kek. Glad I'm not american. At least we know how to defend ourselves without killing each other.
>>
>>52699
>PCP can block pain receptors so ... tazed sometimes has little effect

That has nothing to do with how tazing works. When tazing fails it's not because the guy is tough or has good tolerance or any shit like that -- usually it's the electrodes simply catching wrong or missing. It still works 99% of the time, and if it's a choice between a 1% chance of getting into a fistfight versus just using your gun 100% of the time thus killing the person the vast majority of the time, then tazing is obviously the correct choice.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.