[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FRANCE QUARRELS OVER REVOKING CITIZENSHIP OF TERRORISTS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_FRANCE_REVOKING_CITIZENSHIP?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-01-02-06-14-44
>>
>>13292

If any shitskin is even caught with a web history of browsing weaponry, they should have their citizenship revoked.

Seriously though, this is really obvious. It's the same for Britslims who go over to the ME for 'aide' and 'volunteering'. Anyone suspected of terrorist activities or intent, should be fucking booted and permanently banned and watched. Relations should be considered POI at that point furthermore.

We have enough potential terrorists pouring into Europe as it is. Any chance we have to remove any now is great, especially if they're convicted or even suspected of terrorism.
>>
"To revoke the citizenship of CONVICTED TERRORISTS with dual nationality"

Send them back to their second nationality and keep them out of France because they are convicted terrorists?

If they're convicted terrorists wouldn't they sit in jail anyway? why revoke their citizenship? so they can be held as political prisoners of another country orrrr... would they be extradited back to their second nationality? Seems pretty futile to revoke citizenship if they're sitting in jail..
>>
>>13302
Besides the idealogical reasons there is behind revoking their nationality, it's also a way to be sure there's no possibility for terrorists groups and/or agents (like family members) to benefit from the passeport.
>>
>About 50 human rights and anti-racist organizations and unions have launched a petition to reject the measure.
>Several polls over the past week suggest that 80 to 90 percent of the French are in favor of the measure.

A new ally the world has found.
>>
btw I copy and pasted the title as it was, sorry for caps.
>>
>>13309
capslock is cruisecontrol for cool, don't ever apologize anon.
>>
I like how the definition of the word "Terrorist" has changed to mean anyone who opposes the government of a nation.

If someone tries to assassinate the French President, does that mean they are a "Terrorist"?
>>
>>13340
i looked it up for you:

In its broadest sense, terrorism is any act designed to cause terror. In a narrower sense, terrorism can be understood to feature a political objective.

- wikipedia
>>
>>13298
Yeah let's get half the country spying and informing on the other half. That works every time.
>>
>>13340
yeah dipshit
>>
Just kick out all the Muslims already.
>>
And any religious people for that matter or anyone who believes in anything. Everyone's a terrorist. Especially the Australians. They talk funny.
>>
>>13292

What I really love is how people like to present France as this refined, civilised, better-than-us sort of place. In America, in Russia, I'm sure in other places too. But really the French are shit. There are admirable Frenchmen but their elite is, on the whole, shit, and the rest of the nation is shit for putting up with it. They're laughably corrupt, incompetent and elitist, and have the gall to speak about free speech even while they take any excuse that shows up to destroy it and any other individual freedoms they still have there. This applies to the le Pen crowd too by the way. The differences between Hollande, Sarkozy and le Pen, and their disciples, are just stylistic. They are all enemies of human freedom and of common sense, and of their own stupid, long-suffering population, to say nothing of the few good people who are shackled to the rest of them.
>>
>>13415
>>13423

Au contraire mon frere. Let's just kick the French out of Europe and into the sea.
>>
>>13478
France just has that image because everybody romanticizes it.
Just look at the way Paris is always depicted in any movie.
>>
>>13483

I don't think it's just that. Lots of places are romantised but I mean look at the left-wing American pundits and such and how often they have some sort of love affair with France and all things French. And I know Russian bloggers on the liberal side also tend to embarrass themselves over how great and infallible French culture and government is. There is just this idea that the French are the apex of civilisation that survives from the 18th century, even though French is no longer the universal language of diplomacy or aristocracy in these days. But you look at actual France and it's pretty astounding garbage actually, at least as far as its politics and laws and intellectual life go.
>>
>>13340
Thats been the goal ever since 9/11 and the patriot act makes that crystal clear. The European governments are under US control and the intentional Snowden leaks were simply to remind those countries leaders to know their place
>>
>>13478
>>13483

I did live there and I always found culture and the cities, the lifestyle ( lived in Marseilles for a while ) a lot better,relaxed,less conservative more modern than most US or other world cities but they are just as racist, they also have horrible laws and they used to have good record of free speech but that has gone down the drains with the rest of the world in past 20 years, they also treat their poor and minorities like shit ( even worse than US and rest of europe in most cases) and that is why these things started to happen in France a lot, their ghettos are comparable to fucking Baltimore or worse.
>>
>>13486
> look at the left-wing American pundits and such and how often they have some sort of love affair with France and all things French.
Because France implements a lot of left-liberal programs quite successfully, while continuing to be a stable democracy and a good environment for business.
>There is just this idea that the French are the apex of civilisation that survives from the 18th century,
Now you can go back to reddit, teenager. Extreme mischaracterizations of opposition views are welcome at reddit.com.
>>
>>13302
if they're convicted terrorists they should be thrown to the lynch mobs.
ISIS wants to send more to be ripped up by outraged masses? Fine by me. Considering they're convicted after being found to have possession of dangerous material doesn't bother me in the slightest.
>>
>>13340
I doubt that would be the definition because it would be absurd for the United States to persecute North Korean Rebels as terrorists. There are legitimately governments out there that are terrorist states too on top of that.
>>
As much as they suck something like this should never be done. You can not trust the government to decide when the government should and should not respect basic civil rights, especially for the government's enemies.

Just call out the elephant in the room and admit Muslims/middle easterners are a burden to European society and should be drastically curbed. There's no need to sacrifice what little slivers of freedom we have left in the name of being PC.
>>
>>13623
It's not exactly ISIS sending them though. It's muslims native to the area who are taking up arms in their name.
>>
>>13902
If I recall reading correctly in another news story, ISIS is actually mostly made up of French and English nationals, or at least it was then. I am not sure if that's still correct.
>>
>>13514
>they used to have good record of free speech
U fucking wot? Do you have literally no grasp of history? The Old Order led to the French Revolution which led to another ineffective gov't I can't remember the name of which led to Napoleon which led to Louis XVII which led to Napoleon coming back which led to France getting fucked and Napolenic code shut down. Bla bla bla, World War I bla bla Nazi Occupation bla bla bla This bullshit.

Drunk btw lad, all apologies for the terrible formatting.
>>
>>14743
Fuck, forgot to mention the reign of terror that followed the revolution which led to the shitty gov't Napoleon turned into an empire via a democratic vote.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.