[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chrome users never need to see Donald Trump again!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 1
File: donald trump erase.jpg (26 KB, 436x439) Image search: [Google]
donald trump erase.jpg
26 KB, 436x439
> A new Google Chrome add-on allows users to eliminate mentions and photos of the Republican presidential candidate online -- essentially creating a Trump-free internet.

> A description of the Trump Filter extension says it's part of the "antidote" for Trump's "toxic candidacy."

> The app launched on December 24 and was developed by Rob Spectre.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/30/news/donald-trump-filter-google-chrome/
>>
>>12865
>Someone was so butthurt about Trump that they created an add-on to censor the internet for themselves against things they don't like

It's ironic that these people harp on Trump for 'closing parts of the internet', yet champion a personal form of censorship of the internet themselves.
>>
>>12868
It's okay when ____ does it.
>>
>>12868
It's so easy to get rid of Donald Trump from your computer that the app is merely a tool that's main function is to enhance the overall performance of your computer. It's like protecting yourself from Malware...
>>
Gotta have those safe spaces, right?
>>
>>12868
that's the underlying joke, if you want to censor "us" we'll censor you
>>
>>12865
safe spaces have transcended the internet
>>
>>12887
What Trump meant by that statement was that he wanted to limit internet access in places like Syria and other ISIS holdout.

Trump is not out to cause mass censorship of the internet.
>>
>>12878
App installers are missing out on Trump's antics...
>>
http://76media.tumblr.com/post/136327570029/fef4frr4fer34r4r
>>
Ignorance is bliss

>LA-LA-LA-LA-LA
>IM NOT LISTENING
>>
>>12889
>You're not allowed to have your personal safe space but are obliged to get constantly bombarded by the most asinine online hate mob in American history popping up everywhere in your feed.

lol ok

It's like you have to keep this mad fuckers TV evangelist tier bullshit slogans running amok on your subconscious with no tools to sieve it off allowed. It's voluntary, I can be without it, but I feel like needing it right now and you shut the fuck up.
>>
>>12911
You are so triggered by Trump, that you openly admit you need a "personal safe space" away from him.

You, as a person, are a fucking joke.
>>
>>13040
Not that guy but you're probably the embodiment of the a fedora.

People are bombarded by all the stupid shit he says all the time and they get sick of it.

Go suck a dick.
>>
>>13042
What's amazing is that you're not even treating this program like a joke. You are literally thinking it's a good idea to try and personally filter Donald Trump from your internet.
>>
[DESPERATION TO MAKE THE PAIN STOP INTENSIFIES]

This: >>12905

Hope the app has plenty of support to keep it updated. Gonna need to run it for at least the next 8 years.
>>
>wanting to erase the biggest practical joke in history
>>
>>13058
If politics are a joke then Trump is the best comedian around.
>>
>Thousands of doughy cat owners with the minds of children won't even know it when Trump is their new president
>>
Anything but logical.
>>
If it erases all mentions of Trump does that mean it also erases mentions of itself?
>>
>>13045
>>12905
>>12889
>>12878
>>12868
You all act like this is the first time someone made an extension like this
>Justin Bieber
http://digitizor.com/had-enough-of-justin-bieber-there-are-firefox-and-chrome-extensions-to-help/
>Miley Cyrus
http://entertainment.time.com/2013/09/13/how-not-to-see-any-miley-cyrus-news-ever-again/
>>
>>12868
>personal form of censorship

Oh shit what has the world come to.

We need to start mass producing those devices from A Clockwork Orange that keep your eyes open constantly, so that no man may ever have to feel the freedom crushing pain of personal censorship!
>>
>>13067

Annoying pop culture figures and serious front-runners for presidential nominations are two very different things.

Ignoring the former makes sense. Ignoring the latter is abnegation of one's duty as a citizen of a republic.
>>
>>13068
See, you're trying to be cute here, but any sensible person would just choose to not look at articles regarding Trump.

A triggered liberal though has to take it a step further, and actually try and scrub the man away from their viewing experience, lest they experience the off chance of hearing opinions they don't like.
>>
>>12865
Trump trolling so hard fuckers are making "apps".
>>
Can i do this for my ex?
>>
>>12865
Reminder that if you download stuff like this you're contributing to safe space culture.
>>
Is there an autism filter yet, so I never have to see autistic content or people ever ever again
>>
>>13080
You'd never be able to see what you write, though.
>>
>>12911

>online hate mob

Holy fucking shit.
Get off the rag, Martha. Mad Trump didn't warn you with a trigger-warning?
>>
>Chrome
Why would anyone do that to themselves
>>
>>13083
richard_stallman.jpg
>>
>>13070
Don't pretend 90% of the time he's mentioned--whether in a positive or negative manner--is anything more than celebrity gossip-tier BS or clickbait
>>
>>13085
So then if you have a problem with those types of articles, why are you looking at them?

It must take an incredibly fragile individual to not just choose to shy away from hearing things about a person, but to purposefully try and wipe their presence away so they don't have to experience anything about them. That's sad.

And it's not like this is some pop culture celebrity, or some internet troll you're trying to filter. I find trying to self censor that stuff pathetic too, but it's a magnitude or two worse when you're trying to wall yourself away from the potential next president of the United States.
>>
>>13086
>So then if you have a problem with those types of articles, why are you looking at them?

They constantly show up in social media feeds, news sites, etc. This is basically the same thing as using Adblock so you don't have to see "MACBOOK AUCTIONS FOR ONLY 99 CENTS" garbage. The times when people want to see actually informative stuff, they can go and look for it on his official site or watch debates.

It's not imperative for them to see a million headlines of people talking about how he wants to fuck his daughter or some "inspiring" letter an 8-year old Mexican kid wrote to him or "Rodent or Trump Hair" Buzzfeed quizzes.
>>
>>12865
La La la la la! I can't hear you trump. La la la la la!

If I ignore it then maybe It will go away.
>>
>>13091
Yeah, don't make like this is intended to get rid of spam, because its intent is wipe people who use it from seeing Trump entirely. Go to his website? You'd have to disable the extension in the first place.

No, as OP quotes, this is to filter away Trumps "toxic candidacy" from the internet for people too fragile to handle acknowledging his existence.
>>
>>12865

It's about time that someone else empowered me with the right tools to infantilize myself.
>>
>>13114
> the right tools to infantilize myself.

You mean like all of the contrivances of the 21st century? Feel free to put down your smart phone, retard.
>>
>>13118
>You mean like all of the contrivances of the 21st century?
nah
>>
Is there anyway that trump can get misquoted more by mainstream media sound bites? Damn he's even got fox and nbc against him. That should tell you something, dumb fags
>>
>>12865

>if I can't see it
>it doesn't exist

kek. the mind of a liberal
>>
>>13114
We'll have a Bernie Sanders app out there if he ever holds power. He's way more annoying than Hillary Clinton...
>>
>>13061
Oddly enough, I don't remember the (outgoing) Barrack Obama, either.
>>
>>12868
>censor
do you consider blocking advertisements "censorship" too?
>>
>>12865
The real question here is where is the Hilary censor app?
>>
>>13184
No to Hillary's censorship and yes to Tits or GTFO!
>>
Installed it
>>
>>12865
Not a bad idea. The people supporting him aren't worth engaging, he'll lose, and it's mostly just an obnoxious time-sink of non-stop bait.
>>
>>13250
>The people supporting him aren't worth engaging
Is that because whenever you engage them you get hopelessly BTFO and leave the respective thread?
>>
>anti trumpers ignore all things trump
>wonder why nobody is talking about him
>think he is over
>suddenly its election night
>no news
>"Hey who won?"
>nobody responds
>they turn on their TV
>"TRUMP WINS 2016, SUCCESS FROM PEOPLE HIDING FROM REALITY"
>they realize they voted in Trump by not talking to anyone about Trump
>they all start killing themselves in mass
>america made great
>>
>>12876
Protecting yourself by censoring out what you don't want to see. I feel we need to stop thinking this way. You are just running away.
>>
>>13148
nicely put
>>
How is this news
>>
>>13261
It happened so it's news.
>>
>>13255
10/10 change I can believe in
>>
>>12865
I want this to remove all mention of American identify politics from the Internet. No blacks, no trannies, no mention of any presidential candidate.
>>
>>13069
>Ignoring the latter is abnegation of one's duty as a citizen of a republic.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA faggot
>>
>>12868
>ironic
How is it ironic? Do you mean like Alanis Morissette ironic? Meaning not ironic at all?
>>
>>13255
lovely
>>
>>12865
>Main argument against trump is that he wants to censor the internet
>No need, dems do it for you
>>
>>12876
Sheltering yourself from the real world... What a faggot.
>>
>> 12870

It's okay when Obama does it.
>>
>>13069
>Annoying pop culture figures and serious front-runners for presidential nominations are two very different things.

But Trump is both.
>>
>>12868
>They hate us cus they aint us; the post
>>
>>12865
I have to admire Trump for his straightforwardness. He has no tolerance whatsoever for corrupt "progressives", and he puts his foot down like any self-respecting man should. But don't mistake my admiration for complacency. He's fucking stupid, and Carson is no better. I have made my decision: lest I see someone who I believe is capable of taking office in this country, I will never vote again.
>>
>>13412
>He's fucking stupid
m8, you can not like Donald Trump, but if you think the most successful current presidential candidate, with one of the most widely recognized and valued brands in the entire world isn't smart, then what is?

You don't get to where he is by being an idiot, you're just being gamed by him if you think otherwise.
>>
>>13412
I don't agree with demagogue Trump on many things, and I don't trust him because of his history, but I support him because he's destroying political correctness virtually single handed.
He's shown people that the PC police are toothless.
I'm not very optimistic about the future of our country, but I'm more optimistic when I see Trump bashing the smarmy media faggots and sanctimonious politicians.

And as >>13414 says, he's definitely not stupid.
>>
>>12865

Reminds me of that huffing post gimmick where they put Trump stories under entertainment. Basically this is hysteria. Not sure if it's more funny or sad. I don't like to dwell on it.
>>
>>13472
Bingo.
>>
>>12865
If only there was an add-on that replaces all other candidates with more Trump. That would be fun.
>>
>>13604
It's called the news
>>
>>12865
wait wat. I didn't quite get it. Is this just intended for people who get anoyed by trum and just block him for that reason.
Or is the developer seriously saying in his own words that he actively want's to keep his influence away from people?
>>
>>13604
The next move Trump needs to make is to put himself on cereal boxes...

>>13876
Both, obviously. Anybody who would call somebody's candidacy "toxic" like that is an obvious demagogue who doesn't deserve to be taken seriously, obviously.
>>
>not taking every chance to rid your slice of the internet from things you don't want to deal with
>willingly getting fucked in the ass
Who the fuck are you trying to look tough for
>>
>>12865
I would actually pay for the plugin to silence the news about this stupid cunt with inflated ass :/
>>
>>13916
Even if the candidate whose candidacy s/he called "toxic" is a demagogue himself?
>>
I'd be happy with a Trump-free /news/
>>
>>12865
Computer scientist fag here, these extensions are usually made by idiots who don't realize they can't block every single images md5, basically this ad will be 1kb with a short string of code filtering the word trump.
>>
ITT: Reps pissed about what Libs do in their own home on their own browsers.
The delicious irony.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.