[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Army needs volunteers to eat only MREs for 21 days straight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: pasta.jpg (347 KB, 1216x2048) Image search: [Google]
pasta.jpg
347 KB, 1216x2048
http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/12/30/army-needs-volunteers-eat-only-mres-21-days-straight/78011512/

>Participants must be within a reasonable drive to ARIEM's Natick, Massachusetts, location, and be willing to go without anything but MREs, water and black coffee for three weeks — no other food or drink, including no alcohol. The study, which includes multiple blood draws and other medical scans, requires a six-week commitment.
>>
>>12851
I would do that in a heartbeat.
>>
>>12851
Sounds like a welcome restful mission for some army volunteers. It doesn't even mention that they have to do rigorous bootcamp workouts or anything, just eat shit food for 3 weeks and get tested for 6 weeks. Some of those MREs aren't that bad tasting at all, but I don't know about the bacteria they are talking about in the article.
>>
>>12851
free food, I'll take it if it meets 1700 calories a day or more.
>>
>>12851
What are the chances there's a secret CIA order to add something to some of those? Be it a mild poison, harmful pathogens or medicinal viruses, whatever they want to test

I don't think so, buet wouldn't be surprised either
>>
>>12891
Not like anyone reads the terms & conditions when signing up anyway
>>
>>12851
Reminds me of screencap i have, with the guy eating only MREs for 30 days, didn't go too well.
>>
>>12891
Why would CIA interfere with an army study when there are plenty of civilian studies where they could do the same? Considering that the goal is better national security, that would be counterproductive.
>>
>>12851

did two tours of duty in South Korea, I've already done this multiple times

POWER RANKINGS:: MRE ENTREES

[1]Chicken Parm w/ Pasta Shells

GAP

[2]Everything Else but..

GAP

[3]Four Fingers of Death

Jalapeno Cheese is the SHIZNIT!!!!
>>
>>12871
that will not be a problem, each MRE is formulated to power a soldier in combat, so if anything you'll be gorgin on excess calories

DRINK WATER ALL THE TIME

These things will calk up your colon like a concrete pillar, and that feels just as unpleasant as it sounds, especially on the toilet
>>
>>12901
>Jalapeno Cheese
Omg. id trade the skittles and a handy for that cheese
>>
Pretty sure each MRE has like 1500 calories.

I read once that the frenkenfurts or whatever were nicknamed the 'five fingers of death'
>>
>>12901
I mean the jalapeno cheese is ok if it isn't on the shit snack bread, but they basically means crackers are a necessity to go with it.

Otherwise I just trade that shit for some peanut butter
>>
I've seen enough MRE stories on 4chan to know that this is going to go horribly wrong for someone.
>>
>>12901
Chicken parmesan is good but Chicken Herb and the Veggie Tortaleni reign supreme. Also, chocolate peanut butter is better than cheese BS.
>>
The longest I have ever eaten MRE's was 15 days and I never want to that ever again. Shit sux brah
>>
Fine print probably is an agreement to join the fucking military.

>new lab rat recruitment strategy sees huge boost in military numbers.
>the invasion against the Chinese is off to a great start.
>>
>>12851
>only water
does that include the powdered beverages in the MREs?

based dairyshakes
>>
>>12902
>comparing MREs to concrete
>your solution to stop clogging is "add water"
Someone hasn't been paying attention in chemistry class. RIP your colon
>>
>>13123
>>13123
what's it like to be a complete idiot?
>>
>>12851
Who knows what "chemicals" they are now testing in these things.
>>
>>13141
Drink up, gotta get that future super soldier program up an running with some test subjects now rather than later :^)
>>
Wait, I tough you could live on those shits for years...

What about all those crazy folks from /k/ that stock pile those for the happening?
>>
I did four days on nothing but "Omelet with Ham" MREs, it was like I was being eaten from within.
>>
They're not bad, even if it looks like barf once mixed
>>
I'd volunteer my son if they took civilians. Natick isn't that far, and it can't be worse than the junk he normally eats...
>>
>>12891

>tin foil in muh fillings
>>
>>12908
it varies, but the usual benchmark is 1800
>>
>>12972
this
>>/k/
>>/out/

bloody stool inbound
>>
Ex ausfag army fag here.

4months Australian ratpacks. (ration packs, MRE for amerifags).....

After the first 3 weeks, your body adjusts and it becomes standard food. You poo black and only once every 2-3 days at most. Poo is solid and you only need 1 wipe to clean, they provide it in the pack itself.

Water consumption goes up to 12-15L per day, but this is with pack marching 40-45kg, construction (hence the pack weight), demolition work (we make our own explosives, lots of diesel stirring) and generic combat drills in 38-40 degree heat (Celsius, because ausfag).

Thank fuck I went back to school.
>>
Wouldn't do it for American MRE's. Did it for Canadian rations and it was fine, but Americans MREs are terrible.
>>
>>12972
Why, what happens?

>>13123
Not him, but I am curious, what happens?
>>
>>13903
>Not him, but I am curious, what happens?
Water activates concrete. If MRE = concrete, then MRE + water = solid stone blockage in yo' belly.
>>
Someone will need a new colon after that.
>>
Do any of you idiots know what "fiber" means in your diet?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.