[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No indictment in the Tamir Rice shooting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /news/ - Current News

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 0
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/28/us/tamir-rice-shooting/index.html
>>
>>12259

lol what. u stupid af.
>>
This can not continue to happen non lethal weapons and community bonding and support as much as possibly from now on we need to prevent this
>>
>>12307
We must preserve the existence of our people and a future for black children
>>
>>12181
Viewing the video, I find it so unfortunate how a 12 year old boy is going to get shot and the courts don't even care.

When will murders by police stop?
>>
>http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/11/tamir_rices_father_has_history.html

Gee, I wonder why a little dindu nuffin was doing with a little toy gun in the first place.
>>
>>12307
Or how about parents just teach their children not to go around pointing imitation guns at people, especially cops.
>>
...wow thats he first time a black guy really dindu nuffin. thats new.
>>
>>12384
citing >>12377 his father has a history of domestic violence. his parenting might have been less than substandard.
>>
>>12398
Blame the parents for the kid's death then.
>>
>>12403
The police were the ones who shot him.
>>
>>12406
Right, but they didn't walk up to him as he was innocently playing and put a bullet in his brain just because they wanted to kill a black kid. They responded to a report of an individual pointing a gun at people. When they approached said individual, that individual made as to draw that gun. The police responded as their training and instinct would have them respond.

None of this would have happened if the kid had not A) removed the orange tip from his toy gun to make it look real, B) taken said imitation gun to a public area and pointed it at people, C) attempted to point his imitation gun at a police officer. The fact that his parents failed to instill any of these common sense safety guidelines in their child is why he died. You want to charge someone with a crime, charge the parents with child neglect/abuse.
>>
>>12411
Are you stupid? How is that proper policing protocol? You just drive with 3-4 meters of a suspect with a gun and start blasting?
>>
There should have been better communications between the 911 caller amd the dispatcher. Police should have kept their distance and communicated via bullhorn or speaker etc. USE EYES TO VISUALLY SEE ITS A CHILD! Police officers should have been taught morales as children instead of being racists.
>>
>>12423
>USE EYES TO VISUALLY SEE ITS A CHILD!

Are children incapable of killing someone with a gun? Also, they did look at him. He was 5'7" and 195 pounds. Rather large for a 12 year old. After they shot him, they initially thought he was in his twenties.
>>
There has been numerous children used to assassinate people over the years by gangs. 12 years old is old enough to get the job done. You can't even put someone that old on trial.
>>
Ok well his size may have played a part in visually misidentifying his age. Regardless, there are ways of de-escalating a situation and apprehending a suspect as opposed to brute force and head-on conflict. The police should have been indicted solely on lies fabricated by the dept. https://m.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/4/1349386/-New-lie-in-the-shooting-death-of-Tamir-Rice-discovered-Police-never-saw-the-tip-of-the-gun-at-all
For such a situation police acted irresponsibly and irrationally. Police are held to higher standards and MUST behave in such a manner. They must set good examples. Yes, its a dangerous job but they knew that when they made their career choice. The unions that represent the police are just as much to blame asthe system. Its broken and needs to be fixed.
>>
>>12418
Yes, actually.
>>
>>12434
You're a tool.
>>
>>12418
Kid was drawing the thing. You're a cop, responding to a call about an armed suspect, in the recent climate against police within the black community, and when you find said suspect he begins to draw his weapon. Pretty clear cut from the officer's point of view in my opinion.
>>
>>12441
The dispatcher notified them of a revolver and a black male in his 20's.. this being said, by the stereotyping and racial profiling committed by todays police forces, why would you drive up (within 4-9 feet) of the assailant? What procedure(s) were they following to keep themselves out of harm's way? They CREATED their own reasonable fear for life and safety, which was used to justify the murder. Furthermore, as you say with "recent climate against police within the black community...", there has been more than enough video footage of police planting evidence, shootings in the back, unarmed shootings against not only black and other minorities but as well as whites. Isn't that enough reasonable doubt in the minds of 'the people', to at least indict the officers and have them tried in court? I want to hear from the officers involved. I want to know what they were thinking and the tactic they used. That's definitely not proper procedure, putting your own life in danger as well as the other bystanders in the park that day.
>>
This is absurd. BLM's should obviously focus on this instead of protesting libraries and Bernie Sanders.
>>
>>12181
How do we post images?
>>
>>12451
We don't - this is a text board...
>>
Damn.. I made a screenshot of the gazebo and what was around the location. Anyway, the police were shooting in the direction of a playground and swingset. It could have been a lot worse had there been stray bullets. Tamir Rice was facing a parking lot. Just to put things into perspective of what could have happend if this rookie cop and his partner missed Tamir.
>>
>>12389
>police get called because the 5'6" 195lb toddler was pointing a realistic replica firearm at civilians and threatening to kill them
>people afraid of the lilnig call in police
>"HE DINDU NUFFIN!"

It still hasn't snowed in this part of Ohio. The first day a liberal or a nigger takes responsibility for their own actions I'm hoping for a good hard freeze, since we're basically in Hell anyway.
>>
>>12484
who was he threatening? i dont recall this part... did u just make it up?
>>
>>12438
No, just smart enough to know the proper protocol for dealing with a possibly armed assailant is to shoot them.

It's tragic what happened to this child, but the police did nothing wrong.
>>
>>12496
>the proper protocol for dealing with a possibly armed assailant is to shoot them.

That's just nonsense. We have the right to bear arms. Possessing a gun is not enough of a reason to get shot.
The information that the individual was a child, and that it was likely a hoax, was given to the department. That that information was not relayed is a serious issue. And while the officers are protected by the fact that they followed protocol, that doesn't protect the department from having its policies challenged in court, especially with the DOJ all over Cleveland.
There's plenty of ground for a civil suit, which is frankly where this was always going to end up.
>>
>>12513
>we have the right to bear arms
Yes, but we don't have the right to point those arms at people without good reason.

>Possessing a gun is not enough of a reason to get shot.
Correct. Pointing a gun at someone however, IS enough of a reason to get shot.

>The information that the individual was a child, and that it was likely a hoax, was given to the department. That that information was not relayed is a serious issue.
That information should have been relayed, but there's no guarantee it would have changed the course of events. Children can and do obtain access to firearms, and they can and do kill people. Should a cop finding himself faced with a gun not defend himself because of the age of the person holding that gun?
>>
>>12534
According to the facts of the case, he didn't point anything at the officers. He merely grabbed at it at his waistband.
Regardless, I'm not going to argue that that isn't potentially a threatening gesture. I'm arguing that officers in other departments would have responded differently, and that the officers involved would have reacted differently had they known that this was likely a misunderstanding.
>>
>>12377
I mean, it's not like white kids ever play with toy guns.

And they most certainly never play with real ones.

http://aattp.org/open-carry-texas-invades-art-festival-brings-armed-kids/

Right?
>>
People are defending the cop shooting him so quickly with "It was a split-second decision! Cops have to be careful because one wrong move and they're dead!"

If they're so fucking scared and careful why would they drive their car within whispering distance to a person they're afraid might shoot them instead of taking cover and communicating at a safe distance where they could possibly deescalate the situation and SHOOT OR BE SHOT won't even be an issue?
>>
Fuck that nigger. Cops lives come first before everyone else. Ive been a cop for 12 years and I'm going home at the end of the day. Bottom line. #bluelivesmatter
>>
>>12548
Because the militarized police of America have been trained to have a combat mentality. They're not peace keepers or mediators. They're enforcers.
>>
>>12181
DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>12544
Key phrase anon. "Had they known" The thing is, the police don't often know. It is uncharted territory.
>>
>>12548
>>12552
Pretty much.

The amount of bootlicking itt is astonishing.
>>
>>12548
Because an armed assailant could kill any amount of people within that time. My belief is that HQ DID NOT communicate properly with the squad car on patrol.

>>12602
It isn't bootlicking, its called standing up for people who are 99% of the time >>12552
peace keepers and enforcers. And 1% of the time military muscle for difficult situations. Literally ten millions things can go fucking wrong. Their job is to protect the law abiding civilian populace with extremely limited knowledge they receive through a person at hq in a summarized format. All they probably heard was some code and
>Armed suspect targeting civilians.
Over their intercom.
>>
>>12603
>Because an armed assailant could kill any amount of people within that time.

So you're saying the cop approached Tamir with every intention of shooting him?

Just for the sake of argument imagine that Tamir had a real gun and had every intention of using it to shoot someone. Let's also say that the cop had all necessary information to know this.

It would STILL be stupid and reckless for the cop to rush in there the way he did and escalate the situation into what he perceived to be a split-second kill-or-be-killed scenario.
>>
>>12444
The dispatcher was informed by a witness that the suspect looked juvenile and that his weapon was probably fake. The dispatcher then failed to inform the responding officers of this. Do not hold this against the officers any more than what they are accountable for.

The witness and dispatcher held more information than the responding officers and the dispatcher withheld information.
>>
>>12599
>The thing is, the police don't often know
In this case the police (at the departmental level) did know; a case could be made that by failing to use that information appropriately, dispatch made the situation more dangerous.
If that is shown to be a systemic problem owing to systemic poor practices, that's a huge can of legal worms.
>to use a hyperbolic example, imagine dispatch lying in order to send a SWAT team to harass someone. If similar incidents, intentional or unintentional, happened repeatedly, and nothing was done about them, the department would quickly become liable.

Also, you're absolutely right that this has very little to do with the responding officers themselves, who were following department protocol. Litigation going forward will concern that protocol and those responsible for it.
>>
>>12411
They rolled up and blew him away, then lied about it. If the shooting were righteous, why falsify the report?
>>
Open carry my ass
>>
>>12671

because the cop DINDU NUFFIN.
>>
If a grand jury decided to leave it alone, seeing as they're allowed all the evidence, I'm going to take their word for it. All the keyboard warriors and people who can use the googler are just getting uppity again over something they can't comprehend.
>>
>>12602
I find that for all their talk of freedom and liberty, (white) Americans are in absolute love with their authority figures. I've observed it in pretty much all aspects of life. You can't go anywhere in America without being reminded that you are liable to respect a law or code (under penalty of fine or arrest).

Americans I speak with are blind to this since they've lived in it so long, but ask anyone that spent some time in asia (not Japan) or south america: America is insane with its rules.

Go to any park in America, the sign will be 20% "welcome to xyz park" and the rest a listing of all the shit you aren't allowed to do.

All this is a long way of getting to the point that non-white folks don't share white Americans reverence for rules and enforcement which is the basis of the disconnect on the white side.

The black disconnect we're all very familiar with, so no need to go into.
>>
I love these cop posts:

>Cops aren't racist, they just do what they have to do to
So why don't places like Canada or gb have this issue?
>because niggers
Every time
>>
>>12603
>armed assailant
>assailant
Who had he assailed?
>>
>>12923
Cops are soldiers. They're tools. They'll tell you this themselves. Part of their job description is following orders blindly. And when you're expected to do the kind of mind-bending shit they do on a daily basis, that's exactly as it should be.
Canada and the UK give their coppers better orders and training. It's as simple as that.
>>
I think the most telling part of the video of the shooting occurs when Officer Loehmann scrambles behind the cruiser for cover after firing. He obviously feared for his life and thought that Tamir might shoot him.
This makes it apparent that Loehmann thought this was a real gun being wielded by a dangerous person.
The fact that as it tuns out Tamir was a 12 year old boy with a fake gun is irrelevant. Officer Loemann had to act on the information he had at the moment or risk being killed.
>>
Maybe black children should trade in their EBT cards for higher IQs
>>
>>12411
>that individual made as to draw that gun.
ayylmao
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.